Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I also thing that the tadpole will be a short-term concern (like collars in OS2). But as it is know, I don't really like Illithids as a central antagonists, they are way to alien for my liking. With previous villains, you could somewhat relate to them, understand where they are coming from. They also had a lot of mystery around them (huge, ironclad figure or a mysterious masked mage in a hidden prison), and were plotting grand schemes, which you were slowly unfolding. Here you have some tentacle monsters with immense superiority complex launching out a big scale invasion out of the blue. Hope there is much more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    I'm hoping anyway we get:
    Minsc (Probably certain)
    Fan favourite, guaranteed to be there.
    Edwin (Probably very likely just to conflict with Minsc, though doubt it'll be a companion. Hell maybe he's the Vampire Master in the origin we saw)
    Canonicaly lost his powers, got turned into woman and was forced to work as a bar maid (lel). Would require some retconning.
    Sarevok (One of the most memorable characters in BG but he still might be hiding out in Kara-Tur
    Would like to see him back. Was actually feeling bad for the guy in Throne of Bhaal.
    Jan (I need some Turnips of questionable origin)
    Personal fan favourite. He will be back, unless monkey smuggling life caught up with him.
    Jaheira (If the Harper's are in, Jaheira being there makes sense)
    Never liked her, too much emotional baggage.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-28 at 08:09 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Read my previous posts. I pointed out that it feels weird to have everything voice acted and occasional voice acted monologues from the protagonist when the player character is otherwise completely silent. Someone else responded that it's too early to tell, implying that they might still add voiced lines for the player character to which I responded that I find the idea highly unlikely since the dialogue itself seems pretty finalized already.
    Ah i understand, i believe their previous game (from Larian was fully voiced?) although i am doubting that know, so on that grounds i expect more to be added.

In any case finally time to fully watch the reveal stream not just up to the first wipe and a bit beyond.

I mean an old Korgan could be holding out in the Underdark, that could fit...

Jan's prolly fine Jaheira's prolly alive if it's 135ish years. Haer'Dalis is a case on depending on which realm he's been in, time might have been moving a bit different. Still he's probably dead

Minsc (Probably certain)
    Edwin (Probably very likely just to conflict with Minsc, though doubt it'll be a companion. Hell maybe he's the Vampire Master in the origin we saw)
    Sarevok (One of the most memorable characters in BG but he still might be hiding out in Kara-Tur
    Jaheira (If the Harper's are in, Jaheira being there makes sense

Yeslick (don't care, favorite tank in the series, I'm biased as hell on him)
    Sarevok is a human in essence, he isn't immortal. The children of Bhaal were never supposed to be immortal, as that would have defeated his purpose for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Sarevok is a human in essence, he isn't immortal. The children of Bhaal were never supposed to be immortal, as that would have defeated his purpose for them.
    Yes, but he is a special case. He was killed, and then brought back to life by the protagonist, so they could cook something up about him.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    I don't know how much of the books will make it to canon (Hopefully next to nothing) but if the basic frame is canon, Sarevok is probably still alive. He's not immortal but the Bhaalspawn did have comparable lifespans to Half Elves

The canonical BG protagonist Abdel Adrian died a little over a decade before the events of Baldur's Gate 3, and he was human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    The canonical BG protagonist Abdel Adrian died a little over a decade before the events of Baldur's Gate 3, and he was human.
    We don't speak that name here!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We don't speak that name here!
    Hehe. His appearance in the roleplaying game is at least a little bit divorced from how he acted in the books, he actually became grand duke of Baldur's Gate and was fairly well loved at the time of his death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity, not trying to hijack this thread, but does anyone have experience with the mobile ports of Baldur’s Gate or :EE? They’re frequently on sale and I never know whether or not to pick one up.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I mean an old Korgan could be holding out in the Underdark, that could fit...

Jan's prolly fine Jaheira's prolly alive if it's 135ish years. Haer'Dalis is a case on depending on which realm he's been in, time might have been moving a bit different. Still he's probably dead

Minsc (Probably certain)
    Jaheira (If the Harper's are in, Jaheira being there makes sense

Yeslick (don't care, favorite tank in the series, I'm biased as hell on him)
    Do you really want to see those characters back? Do you really want to see them tainted with 2020 writing?

Imagine a long quest line that describes how relationship betwen minsc and boo "evolved". Complete with boo actually becoming a muscular sexy space hamster man.

Or Edwin(a) talking about gender inequalities.

I really hope old charaters wont make apperance and will be limited to small jokes or say items named after them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Do you really want to see those characters back? Do you really want to see them tainted with 2020 writing?

Imagine a long quest line that describes how relationship betwen minsc and boo "evolved". Complete with boo actually becoming a muscular sexy space hamster man.

Or Edwin(a) talking about gender inequalities.

I really hope old charaters wont make apperance and will be limited to small jokes or say items named after them.
    Do you really expect these things to happen? Don't overreact pls, not everything created nowadays is "woke"

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really expect these things to happen? Don't overreact pls, not everything created nowadays is "woke"
    Yes. I totally expect them doing something like this. Not only its 2020, we need to make up for all the sins of former bg games like for instance incredible amount of fat shaming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I totally expect them doing something like this. Not only its 2020, we need to make up for all the sins of former bg games like for instance incredible amount of fat shaming.
    Well, I don't envy you then. You must avoid every modern movie/game/book, if that is your approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I don't envy you then. You must avoid every modern movie/game/book, if that is your approach.
    No, but expecting the obvious is pretty smart thing to do. We all saw what happened in siege of dragonspear.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, but expecting the obvious is pretty smart thing to do. We all saw what happened in siege of dragonspear.
    Completely different dev. Will you now avoid every RPG, because of one studio's doings? How is that obvious, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely different dev. Will you now avoid every RPG, because of one studio's doings? How is that obvious, really?
    Im not sure why are you even talking about avoiding RPGs, or where you picked that topic.

OT: Its not like larians writing is much better than beamdogs, what little i played of Original Sin was painful enough. I would rathem not have them touch legacy characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure why are you even talking about avoiding RPGs, or where you picked that topic.

OT: Its not like larians writing is much better than beamdogs, what little i played of Original Sin was painful enough. I would rathem not have them touch legacy characters.
    Well, you had a problem with Beamdog making one character "woke", and you instantly assumed that Larian will do the same with old characters. Which is ridiculous overreacting. Some old characters will be back, there is no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    BG3 is turning out to be an overhyped disaster waiting to happen, lol.
    What make you say this? Divinity orginal sin 1 and 2 was large succeses. and now ith the IP of D&D it have a good basis for being good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you had a problem with Beamdog making one character "woke", and you instantly assumed that Larian will do the same with old characters. Which is ridiculous overreacting. Some old characters will be back, there is no doubt about that.
    Oh i see where the problem is. Larian is a darling and can do no wrong so even assuming possibility of something is heresy eh?

Quite frankly i just don't want them to touch old stuff (especially since its not like the game has anything to do with ballspawn saga anyway), be it woke stuff or standard larian "humor".

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh i see where the problem is. Larian is a darling and can do no wrong so even assuming possibility of something is heresy eh?

Quite frankly i just don't want them to touch old stuff (especially since its not like the game has anything to do with ballspawn saga anyway), be it woke stuff or standard larian "humor".
    But you didn't "assume the possibility", you said it is obvious.