Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You can have both: Turn based in BG3, and whatever else in other games.
    You can also have both in the same game as we all can see but apparently not you.

- - - Updated - - -

You can have both: Turn based in BG3, and whatever else in other games.

- - - Updated - - -

RTWP is the combat system. Your paragraph is about RTWP. You even used the term directly, and now you want to pretend it wasn't a statement about RTWP?
    Still never said rtwp was better just pointing out that alot of people still like and want that but sure. Hell of alot better for someone like me that can enjoyh both unlike you who are stuck with just one so good stuff.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    You can also have both in the same game as we all can see but apparently not you.

- - - Updated - - -

Still never said rtwp was better just pointing out that alot of people still like and want that but sure.
    Did I use the word better in what you replied to? No. You said that DoS2 are "less complex" than RTWP games. If you misspoke, ust admit it, rather than this bizarre shit where you pretend you didn't say something we can all scroll up and see.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Did I use the word better in what you replied to? No. You said that DoS2 are "less complex" than RTWP games. If you misspoke, ust admit it, rather than this bizarre shit where you pretend you didn't say something we can all scroll up and see.
    All im saying is that it would be sweet if BG3 had both but im fine with it as i can get pathfinder 2 later on so we all can be happy, i might even try BG3 later on who knows. Looks like a fun coop console game so probably get it for my gf too.

But go ahead and keep whining some more, im going to enjoy both games though so double the fun for me.

DoS2 all time peak number of players on Steam: 93,000
    Kingmaker all time peak number of players on Steam: 22,000
    PoE2 all time peak number of players on Steam: 22,000

You can keep trying to pretend that these niche, tiny games were bigger than DoS2, but they weren't.

There is more than just steam, voila !

- - - Updated - - -

"Small budget company"?

You know the D&D team is like 30 people right? Tabletop RPGs are not high budget games for anyone.
    Wizard of the coast being a small company , of course you forgot to mention that... yes very small.

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfChai View Post
    Wizard of the coast being a small company , of course you forgot to mention that... yes very small.
    What does Wizards of the Coast also owning magic the gathering have to do with D&D?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    What does Wizards of the Coast also owning magic the gathering have to do with D&D?
    I mean, we should probably point out that Paizo didn't start, as a company, with Pathfinder. If that's the bar we're using. They were already highly tuned into the entire industry, and with a lot of cred to build from in that respect. They weren't some upstart indie company making their first product.

Meh. Independent view of this topic. Seeing people throw around the term "true BG fan" way too often in this thread has made me fearful of trying to engage with the community.

I think this is one of those games I am just going to play and ignore what other people say. Too much negativity already.

5+ Year Old Account
    It seems that Druids are not a playable class according to PCGamer.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    It seems that Druids are not a playable class according to PCGamer.
    Where are you seeing that? That might be true for Early Access, but their plan is to have all the main classes in by release. At least, that was the plan a few weeks ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    ― Ronald Regan

Yeah, I think they're just going off what was available in the demo. From the AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...arian/fkbk5b0/

Will all 5e Classes be available at launch?
    Yes, all classes from 5e Player’s Handbook will be included at launch. In Early Access you’ll be able to play as a Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock or Wizard. - Swen

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraim View Post
    Yeah, I think they're just going off what was available in the demo. From the AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...arian/fkbk5b0/
    Oh ok so there's going to be an early access AND a launch?

Do we know when those are yet?

Also, I tried googling it but, again, found different sites saying different things; is there a definitive list of races and classes available at launch?
    ― Ronald Regan

Also, I tried googling it but, again, found different sites saying different things; is there a definitive list of races and classes available at launch?
    You got the classic rpg/d&d classes in the 5th edition.

Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric
    Druid
    Fighter
    Monk
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Sorcerer
    Warlock
    Wizard

Races are

Dwarf
    Elf
    Halfling
    Human
    Gnome
    Half Orc
    Dragon Born
    Tiefling

- - - Updated - - -

Here is everything you need to know about 5th edition or 5e Player’s Handbook

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/basic-rules

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    You got the classic rpg/d&d classes in the 5th edition.

Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric
    Druid
    Fighter
    Monk
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Sorcerer
    Warlock
    Wizard

Races are

Dwarf
    Elf
    Halfling
    Human
    Gnome
    Half Orc
    Dragon Born
    Tiefling

- - - Updated - - -

Here is everything you need to know about 5th edition or 5e Player’s Handbook

https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/basic-rules
    This is amazing! TYVM.
    ― Ronald Regan

This is amazing! TYVM.
    No worries, enjoy can plan your builds and stuff with that.

5+ Year Old Account
    a LOT to read and take in but it looks and sounds amazing. Will we have access to subraces as well on launch?
    ― Ronald Regan

10+ Year Old Account
    a LOT to read and take in but it looks and sounds amazing. Will we have access to subraces as well on launch?
    Almost certainly the basic ones in the PHB. Possibly some others chosen from the supplementary material; I know they've teased Githyanki with an NPC, but I'm not sure it'll be available for player character creation. In general, subraces aren't optional in 5e; they're a core component of the races. In 2e, the base races had a presumed default subrace; Dwarves were Hill Dwarves, Elves were High Elves. The other options were added in with splatbooks down the line. In 5e, that's not the case; most races get 2-3 subrace options right in the PHB and picking that subrace is part of the default process.

I would suspect not all the races in every supplement released thus far. I doubt we'll have Goliaths and Lizardfolk and such. But maybe Larian will surprise me. But the base set of races/subraces is pretty comprehensive, and will give players more options than they had in BG 1/2.

Looks promising! Im pretty stoked for it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes. It will be like it was with DOS2. Those who pre-order the game, will get early access to try it out before it launches. You be limited however in how much you can do in the early access.

I am wondering if this virus crap will slow down the development of it?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CupOfChai View Post
    BG1-2 feels dated today yes. But PoE2 and Pathfinder:kingmaker feels fresh and works just fine.

Huge turn off for me having just turn based, its not 1986 anymore.
    Both games are infinitely better with the turnbased mode and the turnbased mod. RTWP with pause is a cancer that should've died long ago.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988