Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Yeah i would assume the same. Maybe just PH Space for the full eventual game.
    Considering how much content is in the early access, the 150g may not be too far off. And of course, we are only talking about 1 chapter. With 2 more coming with the full release. Red Dead Redemption 2, was around 100 gb. Another game with a ton of content and lots of char animations talk scenes.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-05 at 06:41 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Really digging the recent race and sub-race material. Drow look great. The Mephistopheles Tiefling from the preview also looked swell. Not sure which one I'll play as first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Atm i am really torn tbh, i want to give EA a try but at the same time i also want to buy CP2077 next month. I hate being so torn between the 2...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Considering how much content is in the early access, the 150g may not be too far off. And of course, we are only talking about 1 chapter. With 2 more coming with the full release. Red Dead Redemption 2, was around 100 gb. Another game with a ton of content and lots of char animations talk scenes.
    I would be massively shocked if it turns you will be right after tomorrow, but who knows.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2020-10-05 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For full game they do put 150GB in the requirements. For EA, probably half of that will suffice if not less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Atm i am really torn tbh, i want to give EA a try but at the same time i also want to buy CP2077 next month. I hate being so torn between the 2...

- - - Updated - - -

I would be massively shocked if it turns you will be right after tomorrow, but who knows.
    Red Dead Redemption 2, had a system requirement of 150GB. But after the game was installed, it was around 100GB. So as Gaidax posted, it will probably be less after it is installed. And 150GB could be for the full game. But they want the early access players to have that much free space for installation for the game. As more data will be installed for it in updates, etc. And this way, your game is going to ready for the full version.

I am ready however. Have over 600GB free on my 1TB SSD. After I play a game and have no thoughts of playing again for a while, I uninstall them. But in Steam's Library, you always can reinstall them.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Red Dead Redemption 2, had a system requirement of 150GB. But after the game was installed, it was around 100GB. So as Gaidax posted, it will probably be less after it is installed. And 150GB could be for the full game. But they want the early access players to have that much free space for installation for the game. As more data will be installed for it in updates, etc. And this way, your game is going to ready for the full version.

I am ready however. Have over 600GB free on my 1TB SSD. After I play a game and have no thoughts of playing again for a while, I uninstall them. But in Steam's Library, you always can reinstall them.
    True story yeah, you and Gaid will probably be right. We'll see very soon.

Been october 6th for a while now? What is going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    The size of the EA is 80gig.

Quote Originally Posted by spungebobby View Post
    It releases at 19:00 CET.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The size of the EA is 80gig.

It releases at 19:00 CET.
    Thank you, much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spungebobby View Post
    For those in North America, 1 pm EDT.....https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate...e-time-unlock/

Larian has confirmed on Twitter that Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access will go live on Tuesday, October 6 at 10 AM PDT on Steam, GOG, and Google Stadia. As a last-minute surprise, Larian also confirmed that the Steam Mac version will be dropping at the same time. Here's that time converted to a few other regions:

Pacific Daylight Time (US) - 10/6 at 10:00 AM
    Eastern Daylight Time (US) - 10/6 at 1:00 PM
    British Summer Time (UK) - 10/6 at 6:00 PM
    Australian Standard Time (AUS) - 10/7 at 4:00 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I was wrong about D2OS only taking 3 months to release full version after early access was first released. It was one year. I guess it was only about 3 months from the time I got the early release version until the full game was released. https://screenrant.com/baldurs-gate-...arian-studios/

For those waiting for a full, complete build of Baldur's Gate 3 before buying, they should prepare themselves for a bit of a wait. Larian Studios hasn't announced a specific date yet, but on the Baldur's Gate 3's Steam page, Larian states they expect early access to last "for at least one year."

I will still get it today however, as there are many different experiences depending on your choices and the races/classes you can play in early access. Plus it will help the developers in expenses to finish the game.

Not sure about BG3, but with D2OS, the early access had a discounted price. Not a lot. And as far as those thinking BG3 will go on sale soon after full release? Not going to happen until months later.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-10-06 at 02:16 PM.

I am ready and excited for this. I was 16 years old when I played Baldur's Gate 1 on my Compaq Presario with the heavy as hell speakers that attached to the side of the CRT monitor like ears. Pearl and magenta. Classy.

When I saw the FMV in BG1, I thought video games were going to be films of the future.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-10-06 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am ready and excited for this. I was 16 years old when I played Baldur's Gate 1 on my Compaq Presario with the heavy as hell speakers that attached to the side of the CRT monitor like ears. Pearl and magenta. Classy.

When I saw the FMV in BG1, I thought video games were going to films of the future.
    Did you live in my house? Those Presario speakers were quality. They had a neat mounting spot, the buttons on them were super quality (they felt solid and weighty to use, not cheap), and honestly it was just really good packaging, not to mention they were really decent speakers. If a company like Logitech worked with a monitor manufacturer to offer a similar solution with a modern appeal, I'd be all over it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I just read that the Early Access is 20h worth of gaming. Considering 3 or 4 of those will be spent on character creation, we'll get what, only act 1 of the full game?
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Did you live in my house? Those Presario speakers were quality.
    Bro. Yes. I fuck raw for those speakers. The bass and volume were unreal. And weighed a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    So I just read that the Early Access is 20h worth of gaming. Considering 3 or 4 of those will be spent on character creation, we'll get what, only act 1 of the full game?
    Yes only act 1 is part of the Early Access

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Bro. Yes. I fuck raw for those speakers. The bass and volume were unreal. And weighed a ton.
    Fuck yes, they had the little Sub air hole and that shit would pump harder than some of my bigger subs for 5.1 systems. And you know when you didn't hook them correctly to the monitor because they would fall off and make the loudest thump, and you would pick up the speaker and the damn computer desk would be broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    20 hrs if you play one char all the way thru chapter 1. If you want to spend time on different race/class to play, trying different combinations, then it could turn into hundreds of hours. Also what type of approach you want your char to use during your play time.

Up to the player how much time they want to spend in the early access. I plan on spending a lot of time before the full release to decide which char I want to play the full game first with. Of course, I am not saying for the next year, BG3 will be my exclusive game to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 82GB ezpz

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cant even buy it since steam keeps giving me errors, too many people excited I guess

Edit: Steam kept messing up, I kept resending requests, now I gotta wait for "a while" before retrying. Thank you for nothing I guess? Dont want my money....
    Last edited by Ochinko; 2020-10-06 at 05:12 PM.

No regional pricing just killed it for me, too bad, Larian was always great with that.