Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Suggestion: Make a FFXIV category where you post info about patches, events and stuff you usually post about WoW.
    WoW stopped being a "champion" of anything some time ago.
    THIS.

MMO-Champ is an excellent source of WoW news, but when Hearthstone and HotS gets more coverage than non-Blizzard MMOs, that's just embarrassing.

Especially when we have news like: FFXIV hitting its highest sub number so far between the last patch and the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It would help explain the state of these forums. It's a right wing hate/ignorance filled cesspool.
    im sure everyone who doesnt agree with your ultra left ideology is a hate filled and ignorant lmfao are they racist too? nazis?

id argue the extreme leftist communist blm types are a MUCH larger problem

Welcome MagicFind!

Can we please get a decent layout for mobile devices.

Oh and perma ban anyone that talks about politics. It just leads to petty arguing, always.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2019-06-12 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    instead of focusing only on a decadent title maybe it's time to spread your roots to all MMOs and be the go-to place for news and information regarding the MMO genre, fitting of the name of the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Can we shut down the off topic forums that became personal blog posts of a few weirdos over the years now?
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    1. Remove the off-topic discussion forums. Why? It's become highly polarized and clearly political, populated by what I feel is disingenuous parties. Commonly discussing topics in bad faith, providing clearly incorrect information, or posting in a manner that masks their true opinions. To be blunt, many of them dance around their racism, sexism, and general intolerance without calling a spade a spade.

2. If you can't remove political discussion entirely, I would like to request a more formal stance against right-wing political posters, commonly found participating in threads that bait topics regarding sexism, racism, and other forms of general intolerance.

I want to see these forums move more back towards the center with the extremist elements removed. It's very frustrating coming here to see the top 5 most recent posts all about politics on the main page, and the thread housing handfuls of extremists views. These threads often reach 40+ pages of idiots arguing with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    As I read this thread, the question I keep having regarding most of the complaints:
    People actually spend time on the Off-Topic Forum?

MMO-C has been running for long enough that while many of its users have lost interest in WoW, they're still ingrained enough to come back to talk about other things on the other forums. Most of my friends here aren't even subbed to WoW anymore; they come to post on the FFXIV subforum, the video games subforum, cinema, fun stuff, chat zone, and so on. That's what's keeping MMO-C alive. If you begin removing those forums, you're going to be cutting off people's last interest in this site. Those channels needs to be grown, not restricting or shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    #1 DONT change a working system
    ^

Need to focus on the reasons why people still come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    From a business point of view and a future web developer, I'm really curious what kind of expenses running a site like this incurs.
    Given the prevalence of adblock, I'm guessing it'd probably be a pretty big net negative on one's pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    There is three things i can think of that would like to see

Number 1
    A option to toggle native dark mode having to use something like stylus / dark reader to give the site a dark theme works kinda but it tends to be buggy so it would be nice for it to be natively supported.

Number 2
    Better use of wider screens on a 2560x1440p in a 16:9 monitor there are like 20cm of just empty space on each side of the screen.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    1. Would like to see the site get back to mostly be about gaming.
    2. Would like to see the site expand coverage to more than Blizzard.
    The gaming subforum could use some work. It's just "video games discussion" and forums for individual games.

Don't close any of the subforums for those individual games, but I think we could have subforums for "video game development" or "Nintendo Discussion" and such. Obviously they need to be a few choice picks so that we aren't spread out over too many subforums.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    1. Agree
    2. Disagree. If this site becomes a bunch of stuff about games that I don't care about, then I'll just leave and not come back. Other MMO's are flashes in the pot. The best arguement you can make is for Final Fantasy, but what's the point?

If MMO C doesn't try to compete with other game sites offering information, then they won't be visited. Why would you want to turn a site that specializes in WoW, and then turn it on other games? So WoW gets lets attention and the main purpose of the core visitors leave because the content is worse?

Nah, I'll pass.
    I'd be down for the front page having a weekly news update that posts general information such as new major announcements and releases, could expand from there depending on what people want to see such as game development.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I suggest you start using the filters or the ignore user function to stop seeing the recent thread activities being clogged up by the usual suspects that you've got a problem with. Try it sometime, it's refreshing to see your actions make a difference to your own user-experience. A lot of people use the forum and many only to vent without looking to debate their opinion. You don't have to bother with them if you don't want to, others can and will, they're often without principle and easily put in place/told off when wrong.
    This. If you don't want to interact with certain elements of the community, you don't have to interact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I imagine a full re-design of the website will occur. Mobile friendly and all that.
    I like the general look of the site but it could indeed be changed to look nicer on mobile (those advertisements...) and better on higher resolution monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The site, and all WoW sites really, are struggling to keep constant news posts with just WoW in mind. I'd suggest branching out to other MMOs like the community itself has.
    Off topic is just not working. We have a laundry list of banned topics because half the posters cannot possibly behave and the other half cannot really be moderated properly without a lot more work than you can find suitable mods for. Kill it.
    Instead branch out video games further (maybe kill the dead subforums and replace them with genres?) so we don't have to backtrack a page or two to see if a topic about a game already exists. Perhaps add more megathreads for fun topics; e.g. I've noticed food threads always get some activity and we could definitely have more threads about anime that are less hardcore than the thighs one.
    ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Suggestion: Make a FFXIV category where you post info about patches, events and stuff you usually post about WoW.
    WoW stopped being a "champion" of anything some time ago.
    ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The site, and all WoW sites really, are struggling to keep constant news posts with just WoW in mind. I'd suggest branching out to other MMOs like the community itself has.
    The problem is MMO-Champion doesn't really offer that much. It has news and usually does the data mining pretty well. But it never caught on for things other then the forums. WoWhead for example has really done a good job of branching out to different aspects. Though they will always have the database going for them. If I could have merged these forums with everything else WoWhead I would have my perfect WoW site.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Make Off-topic threads not show on the front page, would be a good start.
    You can already filter those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Honestly, I would love it if it was easier to apply to be a mod, I worked on Diablo-fans for over 12 years, and I wanted to continue working for the curse team, but I just do not have enough time to come to the forums and post every day in order to get enough posts within a certain time period
    Oh, applying to be a mod is super easy. It's waiting for a reply, any reply, that gets on the nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post

Oh, applying to be a mod is super easy. It's waiting for a reply, any reply, that gets on the nerves.
    So it is like any job spplication then. Spend arduous process in filling the dozen forms and writing the best possible cover letter, and never receive any reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So it is like any job spplication then. Spend arduous process in filling the dozen forms and writing the best possible cover letter, and never receive any reply.
    Yeah, except when you apply for a job you do it for a living.

Nice new avatar.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe cover more MMO's l like, such as EVE Online or Albion Online or RuneScape, not just WoW?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Mod me, and you will never have to worry about Gen-OT again.
    And me!

This is an offer you can't refuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    Maybe cover more MMO's l like, such as EVE Online or Albion Online or RuneScape, not just WoW?
    Out of all the possibilities of MMO's to cover you suggested two dead ones and one niche.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

ban everyone who still plays wow

- - - Updated - - -

also ban everyone who plays eso for good measure because they are playing the only mmo worse than wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Dear Magic Find:
    *Do not do this.*

I'm convinced that people are being paid to say this, by Chinese spies.
    I know you’re joking to an extent, but the reality is WoW just isn’t enough to talk about on its own anymore. Other websites dedicated to WoW have started talking about other games now and even the 3 WoW podcasts I listen to have branched out to at least coverage of other Blizzard titles if not discussing things by completely different developers.

I’d just like to see similar from MMO-Champion too. I don’t have any interest in Elder Scrolls myself, but I’m sure there are people on this side who do. I just want to see more news stories on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I know you’re joking to an extent, but the reality is WoW just isn’t enough to talk about on its own anymore. Other websites dedicated to WoW have started talking about other games now and even the 3 WoW podcasts I listen to have branched out to at least coverage of other Blizzard titles if not discussing things by completely different developers.

I’d just like to see similar from MMO-Champion too. I don’t have any interest in Elder Scrolls myself, but I’m sure there are people on this side who do. I just want to see more news stories on the site.
    the people who have interest in eso should be banned and maybe publically shamed
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

I guess the guy above thinks the accounts are rip, so better go shotgun-trolling!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mod me, and you will never have to worry about Gen-OT again.
    No, me! I'll make Gen-OT great again!

Also ban elf threads. Enough is enough.

For reals:

Appoint more mods to General Off-topic and give them faaaaaaar more leeway in enforcing the rules. The rules are too rigid and there are so many career trolls who have managed to evade the ban hammer for years because they stay in character and never actually admit to trolling.

Also important: implement some system that allows you to permanently ban people based on their hardware. I know for a fact there is a person in the Gen-OT forums that has near 100k posts on different accounts, some of which have been banned, but many have not. Dedicated trolls know to use VPNs so IP banning them does fuck all.
    Why do you guys care so much about gen-OT? What's wrong with tumblr or reddit or whatever shithole there is, can't you go hold your little group therapy sessions there and leave a gaming fansite be about gaming, and not bashing minorities? Jesus Christ, what is this shit...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Sure, nuke the entire Gen-OT off the surface of this site. I'm happy either way.
    Now, this I can get behind.

You will probably say "just google it" but the first results are other mmochampion posts people wrote "Gen-OT" and none of the other results seem to explain what it is, so I decided to ask here. What is Gen-OT?

i say let the trolls live! i come here for laughs.

also, tell auculd to tape his stiffy for sylvanas to his leg.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...