Did Blizzard...just Nerf Brewmaster Monk in PvP? Is this real life?

Im probably the one and only person on entire MMO Champion who does PvP with Tanks...so here is the least relatable thread on entire MMO-C.

Brewmaster
    Hot Trub Purifying Brew deals 30% of your purified staggered damage to as Fire, divided between all enemies within 10 yards. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Monk. Requires level 40+.
    Is this real life?
    Brewmaster Monk is the worst spec out of all the specs in BfA (in my opinion)

And yes, i was using this talent on my Brewmaster Monk in random BG's.

How can Blizzard nerf the worst spec on the entire game?

What is going on?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-12 at 04:48 AM.

They nerfed it because that is the PvP talent granted by the new PvP essence and it was busted in aoe PvE when it didn't split the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRowan View Post
    They nerfed it because that is the PvP talent granted by the new PvP essence and it was busted in aoe PvE when it didn't split the damage.
    Sorry, i dont seem to understand...
    This is a PvP talent...how can it be used in PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Sorry, i dont seem to understand...
    This is a PvP talent...how can it be used in PvE?
    He literally just told you how. There's an essence in 8.2 that grants it and allows it to be used in PvE. Keep up with all the ptr news and not just the bits you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He literally just told you how. There's an essence in 8.2 that grants it and allows it to be used in PvE. Keep up with all the ptr news and not just the bits you want to.
    What in the actual frick?
    I had no idea the new neck system was able to unlock PvP spells for PvE!

Its still a crap change if you think about it for one second.

This was A PVP TALENT
    Blizzard unlocked it for PvE
    Blizzard nerfed it to the ground because of PvE

So...we just got a PvP talent nerfed to the ground because of PvE...makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you think this makes any sense?

What in the actual frick?
    I had no idea the new neck system was able to unlock PvP spells for PvE!

Its still a crap change if you think about it for one second.

This was A PVP TALENT
    Blizzard unlocked it for PvE
    Blizzard nerfed it to the ground because of PvE

So...we just got a PvP talent nerfed to the ground because of PvE...makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you think this makes any sense?
    They did it for a bunch of talents, like Lightning Lasso. But yes, honestly, I think they need to entirely gut tanks in any form of PvP as there is no place for them in any kind of serious PvP.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

They did it for a bunch of talents, like Lightning Lasso. But yes, honestly, I think they need to entirely gut tanks in any form of PvP as there is no place for them in any kind of serious PvP.
    Sad story...

My situation:
    I only play 3 classes
    WoW lacks any kind of customization per spec so my only way of experiencing new gameplay is playing entire different specs...tank included.
    And i love playing with some tanks in PvP

Now they are gutting PvP talents in order to balance them for PvE...this is a nightmare for me

Oh and thanks for explaining the situation.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad story...

My situation:

Now they are gutting PvP talents in order to balance them for PvE...this is a nightmare for me
    It's happened the other way around as well, PvE fun being nerfed due to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    It's happened the other way around as well, PvE fun being nerfed due to PvP.
    Dont think so, no.

All talents change inside PvP instances. Their tooltips change and everything in PvP.
    There is endless changes to spells specific to PvP...and those changes only effect PvP.

edit: In previous expansions? Yes. But not today, that i know of.

Dont think so, no.

All talents change inside PvP instances. Their tooltips change and everything in PvP.
    There is endless changes to spells specific to PvP...and those changes only effect PvP.

It's literally one of the reasons for GCD on the majority of dps cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    While it is "one" of the reasons, the main reason Blizzard gave was because they didn't like the whole "One-button DPS CD macros" that was predominately used in PvE. PvP was more of an afterthought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    I dont think the GCD changes were exclusively made because of PvP.
    PvP was one of the reasons sure.

But you got me there GCD is literally one of the few things changed PvE because of PvP.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont think so, no.

That's what I meant. Talents and abilities have been changed in PvE due to PvP in previous expansions. It's been happening both ways for years.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I got 2300 rating in 3s as Rdru+Ele+TankMonk in legion, but now... all tanks is sh t in Arena
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im probably the one and only person on entire MMO Champion who does PvP with Tanks...so here is the least relatable thread on entire MMO-C.

Is this real life?
    Brewmaster Monk is the worst spec out of all the specs in BfA (in my opinion)

And yes, i was using this talent on my Brewmaster Monk in random BG's.

How can Blizzard nerf the worst spec on the entire game?

What is going on?
    No, its not real life... its a video game...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

ONLY because they made tanks "damage dealers that can take a lot of damage" instead of the "threat dealers that can take a lot of damage" tanks originally were

just another case where blizzard's fuckups have a chain reaction

if they want tanks to just absorb damage, make threat a thing, make them do MUCH less damage and boom, they'd be shitty in pvp by default. the people who wanted to play them could but they'd feel like sponges with little utility and that would be fine.

blizz just doesn't know what the fuck they're doing, every decision is proof of it. they killed a game that sold itself the minute activision took over

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    ONLY because they made tanks "damage dealers that can take a lot of damage" instead of the "threat dealers that can take a lot of damage" tanks originally were

just another case where blizzard's fuckups have a chain reaction

if they want tanks to just absorb damage, make threat a thing, make them do MUCH less damage and boom, they'd be shitty in pvp by default. the people who wanted to play them could but they'd feel like sponges with little utility and that would be fine.

blizz just doesn't know what the fuck they're doing, every decision is proof of it. they killed a game that sold itself the minute activision took over
    Problem is, even if tanks did half the damage they did now, they'd still win every fight with how tanks are designed. Blood/Prot Pally can never die 1v1 because of self healing, Prot Warrior can never die because of 100% uptime on Ignore Pain, the other three are super iffy but Druid/DH heal a lot too and Monk is just Monk.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While it is "one" of the reasons, the main reason Blizzard gave was because they didn't like the whole "One-button DPS CD macros" that was predominately used in PvE. PvP was more of an afterthought.
    They said that they didn't think it was healthy someone can pop an offensive CD and defensive at the same time in PvP, leading to less thought about what you should use.

The one button DPS macro isn't that big of a deal since they did take trinkets off the GCD so depending on your class you can still have that

From my testing on the PTR, i wouldn't even consider the Lasso change a nerf.

The issue with the % based abilities in WoW is that they cannot crit are unaffected by any damage multipler like Berserking buff in WSG / AB (at least as far as i'm aware of).
    Meaning, they will at best only do 40% damage of your targets total hp (in case of Lasso).

However, due Lasso now basically being a regular channel (though it still ignores haste), it can also crit and that is a massive damage buff.

To fill in some numbers:
    My character has 250k Hp, so a Lasso on live would do 100k (ignoring any damage reduction from Versatility), number would obviously change depending on the target.
    On the PTR, Lasso does 80k according to its tooltip, however, those ticks can crit and scale with any damage multipler on me or the target.

So, any regular tick on PTR does 16k, but if it crits it jumps up to 40k.

Due to the fact that it even interacts with Skyfury totem, i would consider this a decent buff or PvP as well.

Bit offtopic i know, but some people might want the hint for PvP once S3 starts and Ele basically starts deleting people again with Lasso.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-06-17 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    From my testing on the PTR, i wouldn't even consider the Lasso change a nerf.

The issue with the % based abilities in WoW is that they cannot crit are unaffected by any damage multipler like Berserking buff in WSG / AB (at least as far as i'm aware of).
    Meaning, they will at best only do 40% damage of your targets total hp (in case of Lasso).

However, due Lasso now basically being a regular channel (though it still ignores haste), it can also crit and that is a massive damage buff.

To fill in some numbers:
    My character has 250k Hp, so a Lasso on live would do 100k (ignoring any damage reduction from Versatility), number would obviously change depending on the target.
    On the PTR, Lasso does 80k according to its tooltip, however, those ticks can crit and scale with any damage multipler on me or the target.

So, any regular tick on PTR does 16k, but if it crits it jumps up to 40k.

Due to the fact that it even interacts with Skyfury totem, i would consider this a decent buff or PvP as well.

Bit offtopic i know, but some people might want the hint for PvP once S3 starts and Ele basically starts deleting people again with Lasso.
    Damage of crits is multiplied by 0.75 in PVP
    It's a good change that 2 %HP spells have been changed to standard damage.