Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    So people were complaining that they don't like leveling and there are no new abilities and bla bla bla and now when there are talks about getting a level squish, people start hating it. Just admit that you like to hate and that's all.

About level squish - absolutely yes. Back to 60 please and old world revamp.
    Well, golly gee, do you suppose it's possible that the people who hate leveling and the people who hate the idea of a level squish are two different groups of people?

Thanks, Blizzard, for effectively telling me I've been playing the game incorrectly all these years, and that I don't belong in the World of Warcraft. (And please don't tell me to wait around for Classic. I am a Cata baby, and Classic (while I had been looking forward to having fun with it) lacks playable Draenei, Blood Elves, Worgen, etc., lacks LFG and LFR, lacks transmog, lacks flying altogether, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah?

vanilla raids are now at level 30
    tbc raids at 35
    wotlk at 40
    cataclysm at 42
    mists at 45
    wod at 50
    legion at 55
    bfa at 60

easy as that, literally just cut the levels in half.
    Honestly if they rescale everything to a max level of 60 again, they'd probably opt for a more progressive approach. IE: 1 - 10 is Classic, 10 - 50 is any expansion of your choice (If you know where to go), and then 50 - 60 is BfA. And once the next expansion comes out, they'll lump BfA in with the 10 - X content, where X is the previous expansions level limit. Makes the most sense, they're wanting to use their scaling technology more, and it'd provide an open doorway for World Quests in every expansion that people have been wanting since forever.

As I say this, an even smarter idea would be to have a global level that increases only when they need you to - and an expansion level that increases only for the current expansion. This way you always are at 60, and hitting 65 or 70 would be enabled when new content requires it.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2019-06-13 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, let's remove levels and all old content. Wow is more and more like session-based game and less and less RPG. Solution of leveling problem is pretty simple. JUST BUFF HEIRLOOMS. Or may be OFFER BOOST TO MAX LEVEL FOR FREE. Both are options - not mandatory changes. Problem solved? No! Blizzard are too greedy to do it. They nerf heirlooms and sell overpriced boosts instead.
    Squishing levels wouldn't mean removing old content. Lol.

Make BC, WOTLK, CATA, MOP, WOD optional. You start in Legion and level through it. This way we don't get a stupid time mess up
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't see the point, triple digits seem that complicated to Blizzard to look at? It's not like it's up in the thousands. Like taking away a number changes anything.
    A signed byte probably, which ends at 127.

I think a level squish will make level power progression more in line with the current ability count, and allows for further progression in each expansion.

I am for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Honestly if they rescale everything to a max level of 60 again, they'd probably opt for a more progressive approach. IE: 1 - 10 is Classic
    I honestly don't how an approach like this would work. Currently, 1-10 levels is the level range of the starting zones, so going by today's XP requirements to level up, by the time you're done with your starting zone, you're good to go to Outland or Northrend.

The only solution, for your idea, is to make the leveling speed incredibly slow, like one level per zone, so you at least see roughly 10 of the 38 zones in the "old world", i.e. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Which I, particularly, would not find fun at all.

Nah its real i just went throguh it, i dont remember how many questions there was, but it took about 20 minutes.
    While I still find the design a bit sketchy with the site, you're one of the few posters I'd actually trust to even say you got it without image proof.

What a horribly designed survey though, and to ask "Did you know a level squish is coming" when they offhandedly mentioned the idea at BlizzCon and it was just toyed around with at a few Q&As.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I honestly don't how an approach like this would work. Currently, 1-10 levels is the level range of the starting zones, so going by today's XP requirements to level up, by the time you're done with your starting zone, you're good to go to Outland or Northrend.

The only solution, for your idea, is to make the leveling speed incredibly slow, like one level per zone, so you at least see roughly 10 of the 38 zones in the "old world", i.e. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Which I, particularly, would not find fun at all.
    I should've explained it better. I meant that the level 1 - 10 experience would stay the same, but then the 10 - 50 experience is opened up to anything, including classic. However, if Blizzard went with a more per-expansion level up basis (either 5 or 10) then it'd be a max level of 60 and then any expansion you go into would be resetting you back down to 60, up until whatever the max level would be. IE: TBC would be 60 - 70, WotLK would be the same, but things like Cataclysm would just be 5 levels... But honestly I think they'd just opt for 10 levels each.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2019-06-13 at 03:57 PM.

I mean they talked about it couple of months ago right?They said they thought about it and trying to get it "right" if I recall correctly , believe it was Ion who said it , I'll try look it up.

Edit: Found it https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousWrongBarracudaNotATK
    Last edited by Bromgar; 2019-06-13 at 04:04 PM.
    Warrior from time to time on www.twitch.tv/bromgarr

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Did you double-check to see if the e-mail of the sender really is from Blizzard?

I'm just having real trouble believing Blizzard would just reveal expansion features so casually through a survey instead of doing it on Blizzcon during the expansion reveal.
    yes, yes i did.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'll admit i kind of expected a level squish at some point. just like how some people are afraid of big numbers, some people are daunted by having to get 120 levels. my only question is how far will they take the squish. i feel like if they set it back to 60, levels will take forever and might turn people off anyways. i'm guessing they'll go to about 80-ish.
    I ridiculed people who were afraid of big numbers. But this isn't the case with levelling. It takes so damn fucking long to get a new character to max level. We've done it millions of times before and it's just too damn boring.

A level squish would definitely help a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    While I still find the design a bit sketchy with the site, you're one of the few posters I'd actually trust to even say you got it without image proof.

What a horribly designed survey though, and to ask "Did you know a level squish is coming" when they offhandedly mentioned the idea at BlizzCon and it was just toyed around with at a few Q&As.
    its most likely the person writing it may have had simply wrote the question wrong.

for example there was one about classic, it asked if you knew classic was being released
    then asked "based on what you know, when is classic wow being released?"
    "Spring 2019"
    "summer 2019"
    "Fall 2019"
    "winter 2019"
    "spring 2020"
    "Summer 2020"
    "fall 2020"
    "Winter 2020"

so it seems like they also threw some questions in to check how knowlegeable the player was on current info and news, specially since it asked "where do you get news for wow" and there was stuff like twitter, icyveins, wowhead, mmochamp, ingame, polygon, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, let's remove levels and all old content. Wow is more and more like session-based game and less and less RPG. Solution of leveling problem is pretty simple. JUST BUFF HEIRLOOMS. Or may be OFFER BOOST TO MAX LEVEL FOR FREE. Both are options - not mandatory changes. Problem solved? No! Blizzard are too greedy to do it. They nerf heirlooms and sell overpriced boosts instead.
    a level squish wouldnt remove old content or leveling, it would literally just make levels take double exp, while cutting the levels in half, and making stuff have half the level requirment.

its most likely the person writing it may have had simply wrote the question wrong.

for example there was one about classic, it asked if you knew classic was being released
    then asked "based on what you know, when is classic wow being released?"
    "Spring 2019"
    "summer 2019"
    "Fall 2019"
    "winter 2019"
    "spring 2020"
    "Summer 2020"
    "fall 2020"
    "Winter 2020"

so it seems like they also threw some questions in to check how knowlegeable the player was on current info and news, specially since it asked "where do you get news for wow" and there was stuff like twitter, icyveins, wowhead, mmochamp, ingame, polygon, etc.
    I imagine picking "in-game" just gets the person glanced over :P

7+ Year Old Account
    I imagine picking "in-game" just gets the person glanced over :P
    lololol, yeah i assume so.
    but there was many things talking about how important certin things are to you, what stuff you play for what stuff you couldnt care about, etc, it was rather indepth and long. asked a few about esports like how they effected you and what you watched.
    also asked if you have heard of/played a ton of other games, and if so within the last 30 days or not, stuff like guild wars 2, aion, eve, final fantasy, league.

The level squish obviously won't remedy the fractured narrative and old mechanics of a large chunk of the leveling content, BUT: It could enable us more choice. I for one would be thrilled if I could go straight to MoP, WoD, Legion and BfA in leveling to max level.

They still 100% need to revamp 1-60 again, maybe including the 80-85 Cata zones in the content. God knows Uldum deserves better treatment than what it got.

lololol, yeah i assume so.
    but there was many things talking about how important certin things are to you, what stuff you play for what stuff you couldnt care about, etc, it was rather indepth and long. asked a few about esports like how they effected you and what you watched.
    also asked if you have heard of/played a ton of other games, and if so within the last 30 days or not, stuff like guild wars 2, aion, eve, final fantasy, league.
    Interesting, I was wondering why people were presenting this as a level squish survey but the difference between the screenshots was as small as a 2% difference in completion.

Of course it's coming. They never would have spoken about it publicly if they hadn't already decided to do it.

im all for this, theres currently very little excitement about hitting the next level aside from the milestones like a new talent every 15 levels... if they could reduce it to where every level up you are getting something meaningful, thatd be great -- and then opening up all previous content to go where you please when you please, id love that. i felt the changes in leveling for bfa were a step in the right direction, but that ALL zones should scale for ALL levels, so the highest level could play with the lowest level and still find relevance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, I was wondering why people were presenting this as a level squish survey but the difference between the screenshots was as small as a 2% difference in completion.
    yeah there was MANY thing, but the only thing new was the level squish confirmed.

from what i can remember it asked
    gender,age,country (only personal questions)
    what types of games interest you (survival/horror, action, fighting, racing, etc)
    how much you enjoy those games
    List of games, mostly mmo, but a few moba. have you played them before? if so within the last 30 days?
    how interested you are in those games
    what stuff in wow do you enjoy? (literally everything was here, acheivements, questing, pet battles, normal/heroic dungeon, mythic dungeons, mythic+ dungeons, lfr raiding,normal raiding, heroic raiding, mythic raiding.)
    How much do you enjoy these things?
    of the things that make you play the game, how important are they to you? (bassicly how effected would you be if these were removed/heavily invested in)
    how much do you play
    what kinds of paid services have you bought?
    is 60$ worth saving up to 90 hours of playtime leveling worth it to you?
    Why did you use a paid charecter boost? (If you selected you have used one i assume)
    how interested are you in wow classic
    do you know when its coming?
    how much do you plan to play
    how much do you plan to play it compared to BFA? (Same amount, less, more, only, not at all)
    do you know about a level squish
    how much do you want a level squish

those are the sections i remember, but im sure there was more.