Thread: 8.2 arms buff

8.2 arms buff

At 8.2 arms get a huge buff on its mastery and a minor one at execute MS slam and rend.Do u believe that this buff will get arms to a decent state ? Expand your thoughts

Probably going to close the Fury - Arms gap somewhat but Arms won't be balls to the walls awesome all of a sudden.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I think Arms needs more than just numbers buff to be attractive again. But that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

In terms of performance, Arms doesn't need much to be fine. The top 5 specs on the logs (the ranged dot specs and elemental) are completely overpowered and should be nerfed. If you remove those 5 specs from the equation, then the rest of the specs in the game are pretty close. This buff to Arms will bring it in alignment with the rest.

M+ is of course a completely other story. Dps warriors lack utility.

Is it possible that it will be stronger on single target?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Is it possible that it will be stronger on single target?
    Lol. No, not a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    In terms of performance, Arms doesn't need much to be fine. The top 5 specs on the logs (the ranged dot specs and elemental) are completely overpowered and should be nerfed. If you remove those 5 specs from the equation, then the rest of the specs in the game are pretty close. This buff to Arms will bring it in alignment with the rest.

A 5-6% buff will bring arms from the bottom 3 to the middle of the pack?

It depends on fight design. All the tuning in the world doesn't change that. The top 5 specs are strong due to dotcleave being so strong in BoD and CoS raid designs.

The design of Eternal Palace will dictate rankings. Not tuning.

Last Expansion it took them 7 months to fix Arms, so this one will be what 10 months? Why was this not done until now, how lazy are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Deciticus View Post
    Lol. No, not a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

A 5-6% buff will bring arms from the bottom 3 to the middle of the pack?

It depends on fight design. All the tuning in the world doesn't change that. The top 5 specs are strong due to dotcleave being so strong in BoD and CoS raid designs.

The design of Eternal Palace will dictate rankings. Not tuning.
    I agree however I think the top 5 specs, especially elemental and destro are overtuned in general. Nerf the top 5 specs and give a small buff to arms, sub and the 2 dk specs. Then the field seems pretty balanced.

Looking at the logs, I would say that a 7% buff to arms should bring the in alignment with most of the other specs.

Warriors should get a utility buff for m+. It makes no sense to give some melee specs AOE stuns while others have nothing. Then you will of course always prioritize the specs with AOE stuns.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-06-14 at 06:09 PM.

I believe the promblems with arms is not only the damage on his abilities but the rage cost of abillities is too high for his resource geneneration. The only rage genration is autoattacks that gives u 25 rage . 30 rage for MS 20 for slam 30 rage for rend and the rage refund on execute has been lowered At legion we got a talent called dauntless which reduces the rage cost of our abilities by 10% and we got the legendary which reduced the rage cost of MS by 8 rage.At bfa there are some other rage generation tools like the talent skullplitter (meele swing wich deals a moderate dmg and generates 20 rage 20 sec cd that scales with haste but the passive seasoned soldier is based on rng and the trait Lord of war( CS/WB deals more damage and generates 10 rage ) helps to start your burst rotation but stacking it u will only get 10 rage getting this is based on rng again.Imo if the rage costs were reduced like 20 for rend and 5 for MS and buff the rage refund of execute it will help arms using more his abilities so more damage .Well in terms of utility and self healing i dont expect anything casue they need to do many changes on his tool and for devs is bit hard to try at a middle of an expansion like the said

no, they shouldnt be nerfed, the only reason those specs are good atm is because most of the bosses in the 2 current raids have the ability to multidot

- - - Updated - - -

I agree however I think the top 5 specs, especially elemental and destro are overtuned in general. Nerf the top 5 specs and give a small buff to arms, sub and the 2 dk specs. Then the field seems pretty balanced.

Looking at the logs, I would say that a 7% buff to arms should bring the in alignment with most of the other specs.

Warriors should get a utility buff for m+. It makes no sense to give some melee specs AOE stuns while others have nothing. Then you will of course always prioritize the specs with AOE stuns.
    destros ST sucks ass, so by your logic the spec that is designed for 2-3 target fights shouldnt be strong on 2-3 target fights and all specs should be equall on all type of fights?
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-06-15 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    no, they shouldnt be nerfed, the only reason those specs are good atm is because most of the bosses in the 2 current raids have the ability to multidot

- - - Updated - - -

destros ST sucks ass, so by your logic the spec that is designed for 2-3 target fights shouldnt be strong on 2-3 target fights and all specs should be equall on all type of fights?
    I think you're a bit biased.

The top 5 specs should and will probably be brought back to the rest while arms, sub and the 2 dk specs should get small buffs.

Fair play.

The top 5 specs should and will probably be brought back to the rest while arms, sub and the 2 dk specs should get small buffs.

Fair play.
    Very much so...esp poor dks at least fury was an option. I really hope arms and dk dps get looked at heavily n xt go around.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Fair play.
    im not biased, the top 5 specs are in top 5 atm because the fights suit them, not becuse their numbers are too big, nerfing a spec now because it performs better in one raid will just cause it to be buffed again later when it underperforms on another, take shadow for example, it sucked major dick in uldir because all of the figts were 90% single target, should it be overbuffed and then overnerfed once BfD released?
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-06-17 at 07:50 AM.