Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    So I've been talking about how great Classic will be and have probably been one of the biggest fanboys around. However I recently got into the beta and I have to admit I got it completely and totally wrong. A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this". Having to click each individual mob to loot them is painfully tedious. I got to level 5 on my Rogue and realised I couldn't play any more. I've realised that the quality of life improvements in the main game aren't the problem, it's just that BfA has been a lacklustre expansion and I believe this will rapidly change with the release of 8.2. I now think that 8.2 will kill Classic not the other way around.

I just wanted to apologise to all the people I attacked for doubting the success of Classic. I believe many, many people will go through the same experience as I have.
    Looks like my prediction will be 101% correct after all. 2 months into Classic its population will drop with 90%, after people really see/remember what it was.

Why do people want to prove that a version of the game will fail ? it's as if the success of one means the other's failure, but that isn't really the case .

Classic WoW and BFA might share the same name at base but they are effectively different games now , their target audience is different from one another.

It's okay to play the version of the game you enjoy without having to insult other people's life decisions and opinions simply because they aren't similar to your own guys.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-06-14 at 07:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there will be addons that loot automatically for you.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    I think 8.2 will be good enough to kill a lot of the demand from people who were maybe thinking about it only because of BfA being lacklustre.
    But Classic aims to attract mostly people who stopped playing this game years ago. To them it is irrelevant how good 8.2 might be, they won't play it anyway. Blizzard couldn't care less about retail players not going to classic, since they already pay subscription, it is about bringing old players back.

And it will help Blizzard mitigate content drought on retail, when people got bored after few month, some of them will switch to classic until new retail patch releases instead of canceling sub.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    we've all gotten lazy, but the #1 problem is that most of you just don't fucking like MMORPGs to start with. you wanted to ride the wave and didn't give a shit what the wave was, you just wanted to be part of pop culture

people who like MMORPGs like wow, they don't love what wow is today but it's not all bad and classic isn't all good, but it's more of an MMORPG than BFA

it's the challenge, the fact that you're on a long ass fucking journey that you simply may never see to completion, but when you do, goddamn that makes your dick hard

- - - Updated - - -

you sound like someone who isn't out of school yet.
    Nope, sorry I need more than invest time into something which requires only that (and no skill) to have my dick hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matmcc View Post
    So you got to level 5 and decided that classic wasn't for you? That's fair enough, but I don't respect your opinion. Here's why: Getting to level 5 takes less than a single hour of gameplay... Furthermore, you played a rogue, Rogues don't get duel wielding until level 10, so you didn't even really experience the feeling of what the class is about. Thirdly... You finish your main point off with "Now I think 8.2 will kill Classic". That single line of text makes me believe that you're full of BS and you don't really have access to the beta in the first place.

Someone not enjoying Classic WOW is a completely fair stance. The game does feel old, it's very basic and it does take a long time, however... If you've only got to level 5 I don't think you opinion is worthy of a forum post on here. You've basically experienced nothing and you probably dedicated all most as much time on your post as you did the beta.
    This. I am one of the people who think Classic will be great for a while and drop off after some time. Don't believe that Classic will be a huge success as some people predict, I wish it would be, but I doubt it.

Anyways, considering that OP made his account in May and looking at his post history playing the obnoxious classic fan, this smells like BS to me. Especially the line about 8.2 killing Classic.

Another thing is you can't judge a game like WoW by playing until lvl 5. That's silly and you know it, would have been more believable if you pretended to play until lvl 30 at least, but w/e.

100% fake post! Dude is just straight up trolling. And here is why:

I'd like to think it's made for people who experienced the original trilogy. I mean I only started at the beginning of Wrath but Classic is clearly far closer to what I experienced back then than the abomination that retail is now.
    So you "defended" a game, you never played, and after an hour of play time, in the starting zone, you felt the need to apologize to "the whole world" that you where wrong. Nope! Just delete the thread. Go play whatever game that gives you joy, and stop trolling forums.

I enjoy arenas in retial, so i will continue playing them but appart from that i will be playing Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Why do people want to prove that a version of the game will fail ? it's as if the success of one means the other's failure, but that isn't really the case .

Classic WoW and BFA might share the same name at base but they are effectively different games now , their target audience is different from one another.

It's okay to play the version of the game you enjoy without having to insult other people's life decisions and opinions simply because they aren't similar to your own guys.
    why shouldn't classic fail? back in the day you needed a roster of about 50 active and geared people to progress through BWL. a tiny fraction of the millions of players got to experience naxxramas, how will that translate to a much smaller community these days? not many people will make the trek to 60, let alone gearing up with spell hit gear for instance or collecting resist gear.

i think that there will be a few big guilds in the end who can realistically clear naxx. afterwards, classic will slowly devour itself and maybe there will never be a bc server.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I'm sure there will be addons that loot automatically for you.
    an addon doesn't have the technical possibility to move your character to every corpse in your vicinity. so, no.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguebox View Post
    100% fake post! Dude is just straight up trolling. And here is why:

So you "defended" a game, you never played, and after an hour of play time, in the starting zone, you felt the need to apologize to "the whole world" that you where wrong. Nope! Just delete the thread. Go play whatever game that gives you joy, and stop trolling forums.
    Looking further at his post history you can also see many contradictions about his experience with classic WoW. Plus the way he named his account so everyone would see that he is for sure a huge classic fan coupled with obnoxious fan attitude is telling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    why shouldn't classic fail? back in the day you needed a roster of about 50 active and geared people to progress through BWL. a tiny fraction of the millions of players got to experience naxxramas, how will that translate to a much smaller community these days? not many people will make the trek to 60, let alone gearing up with spell hit gear for instance or collecting resist gear.

i think that there will be a few big guilds in the end who can realistically clear naxx. afterwards, classic will slowly devour itself and maybe there will never be a bc server.
    This is precisely what I meant with people not considering the opinions of others, if you like chocolate ice cream and another person likes vanilla you don't need to bash vanilla as an inferior taste because that's a subjective opinion similarly to how art is viewed differently from one person to another.

Vanilla wow had inconveniences but it was a slower game, some people enjoy playing at that pace , it doesn't mean you have to nor does it mean you have to bash it simply because you dislike it, do you understand what I mean?

This is precisely what I meant with people not considering the opinions of others, if you like chocolate ice cream and another person likes vanilla you don't need to bash vanilla as an inferior taste because that's a subjective opinion similarly to how art is viewed differently from one person to another.

Vanilla wow had inconveniences but it was a slower game, some people enjoy playing at that pace , it doesn't mean you have to nor does it mean you have to bash it simply because you dislike it, do you understand what I mean?
    That also works the other way around. Classic crowd does not have to bash bfa because they do not like it.

10+ Year Old Account

i understand, but like Specialka below me said: does the classic crowd understand that, too?

they hate current WoW and enter pirate realms, effectively forcing blizzard to either sue every realm into the ground or to pursue classic as it is. they hate the players who like the current WoW and praise classic as the golden calf.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Ok, but literally nobody cares

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Looks like my prediction will be 101% correct after all. 2 months into Classic its population will drop with 90%, after people really see/remember what it was.
    Well BFA droped after month so if 15y old game can hold for 2 months it is actualy pretty good.

I love wow vanilla, i love the feeling of journey and community that we had, the true importance of a being part of a guild.
    But i realized that it's not for me now.
    15 years ago i was able to play 8\10 hours per day, level a char, farm the t1, farm fire res equip , nature res equip, felwood tubers, potions, flasks, stud a dkp system and everything else needed for the raids,
    I was the gm of a good guild, i was the first or the second to get the sulfuras on my server, we were the first with a thunderfury and it was very satisfying feeling to accomplish that
    This is something that i can't afford it now.
    i'm gonna stick on the retail because is way more casual, plus add that i really really dislike the pvp system that was in place...but that doesnt mean that classic is a bad game.
    If they gonna rework it and make the pvp part more like doac, i'll go play classic right away.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    we've all gotten lazy, but the #1 problem is that most of you just don't fucking like MMORPGs to start with. you wanted to ride the wave and didn't give a shit what the wave was, you just wanted to be part of pop culture

people who like MMORPGs like wow, they don't love what wow is today but it's not all bad and classic isn't all good, but it's more of an MMORPG than BFA

it's the challenge, the fact that you're on a long ass fucking journey that you simply may never see to completion, but when you do, goddamn that makes your dick hard

- - - Updated - - -

you sound like someone who isn't out of school yet.
    I love mmorpgs, with some fluid combat mechanics and at least some viability for specs to perform. You can't pretend classic had no flaws and by current standards it would be bad. I will play classic, but not for interesting class mechanics. Just for old school RPG stuff. They had RPG stuff right.

I played the beta and i played private servers, i loved every second of it. You come in here make a thread about beeing sorry for telling retail lovers that they are wrong and classic is amazing now you shifted your vieuw and make the exact same mistake telling classic lovers what they should and should not like. Has it occured to you you should let people enjoy what they enjoy instead of focing your own rather retarded vieuws(you deffendd classic like crazy whitout having any experience in it recently) on other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    On the other end of the spectrum, it took me until BFA to feel urged to get into a private realm to see how it was, and I was so quickly reminded why I prefer Classic over the hyper-smooth on-rails experience that is BFA. They are genuinely entirely different games and experiences at this point, and I prefer the old-school style.

My characters are "weak", so I appreciate any gear upgrade I get, even green crap from quests. Genuinely caring about items even with "garbage" stats like Spirit (more regen) or agility (crit/dodge) even as a class that doesn't primarily need those stats.
    People randomly buffing eachother because those buffs actually help.

It sure will take me a long time to get to 60, but I am not going to be rushing to 60. 1-60 is in itself a very long, often frustrating and slow, experience... and yet it's so much more memorable (partially thanks to those frustrating moments) as a result. I dare say getting to 30 on a classic private realm (even better, the slower pace allows me to focus on 2 main profs and cooking/FA) has been far and away more of the kind of RPG experience I want, than facerolling to 120, obliterating everything in my way. I don't want a game where I win by default.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-06-14 at 10:31 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    Nay, I knew better already. Don't have any plan to go back. It was a good run and a good game when I played it 13-14 years ago, but it can't be brought back. The "mass interest" will be very short-lived (reason for the interest in the first place is mainly because idiots like myself have reminisced and openly praised it for pretty much since). It's sorta like your grandparents telling stories of their youth (and in many cases, their struggle). It could sound cool and primitive, but would you ever trade your shoes for theirs?

Saying 8.2 will kill Classic though, that is a crazy claim. Classic will kill Classic through not really being Classic. 8.2 could possibly save BFA from being regarded a mega-flop of an expansion, but that's about it. Still, it's so sad we have to spend half the run of the expansion (again!) waiting for the developers to amend their flaws instead of polishing their content to begin with. Here's to hoping...
    As a WoW player since classic, I must agree with 100% of what you said, even the parents example there, I totally feel that way. Even though, I'll try classic to see where it leads me, do you know, hopefully I will get a good guild with good people to do classic stuff wich I used to love tons and tons of it, every single day back then.