Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You should have posted this in the Politics sub forum. Where all the rest of the Trump bashing threads are.

She was great. I loved how she stood up to the fake news media. But as she said it herself, the most important thing is her family ( she has 3 children ) and it is time to move on to spend more time with them.
    Why do you say things like this?

It's not Trump bashing to say she lied. ITS WHAT HER JOB WAS. Her job was literally to stand in front of the world and tell blatant lies that anyone with half a brain could dismiss out of hand. It is not bashing to state reality. Her job description was "lie for me" thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You should have posted this in the Politics sub forum. Where all the rest of the Trump bashing threads are.

She was great. I loved how she stood up to the fake news media. But as she said it herself, the most important thing is her family ( she has 3 children ) and it is time to move on to spend more time with them.
    What's up with people like you and your love for liars?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sad thing is most of these resignations are filled by placeholders who end up having to spots for way too long and end up resigning themselves.
    Yeah, this has been a disaster of cabinet and appointments all around. A lot of unqualified people getting jobs and realizing how out of depth they are before retiring. This much turn over looks bad globally and usually leads to poor policy and rash decisions as each person tries to make their mark etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Why call her the Huckbeast?
    Cause it's funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Eh she was pretty much equal to CNN and Huffington/Buzzfeed etc.
    I'm gonna need evidence of this...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Cause it's funny.
    I think Sarah Hucka-Goebbels is more accurate, but Huckabeast rolls off the tongue better and is indeed funnier.
    Putin khuliyo

I will never forget her regarding one of the numerous school shootings that happen that actually gave me the idea that perhaps she is indeed a human with feelings. Clearly she was far better then Sean Spicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This thread'll be closed soon, but before it is:
    They got infracted and banned for posting a pic? Go fuck yourself, Thwart. Pics are posted in every subforum of this miserable place and this is the one of the very, very few that gets infracted. How very fair and balanced.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2019-06-14 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectertator View Post
    They got infracted and banned for posting a pic? Go fuck yourself, Thwart. Pics are posted in every subforum of this miserable place and this is the one of the very, very few that gets infracted. How very fair and balanced.
    To concur: Go fuck yourself, Thwart, you pathetic excuse of a “ moderator “. I suggest you apply for Huckabeasts job since sucking Trump’s dick is obviously to your taste.
    OT: Good riddance to that lying sack of excrement.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2019-06-14 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectertator View Post
    Especially since, usually the only time they are infracted, is if there is no accompanying text. But yes, this one is bullshit, not surprising though.

I posted in another thread how she will be well rewarded with likely a media job or some corporation which benefited from the tax cut and possibly an elected position in Arkansas.

Now I and others go to the default Fox News or other right wing media for a cushy job. On the other hand don't count out CNN.

We all know Trumpkins love calling CNN 'fake news', but the real reason CNN is a joke is they try to to do the 'both sides' argument with some hacks to argue back and forth. Now during the election of Trump CNN has had some real jokers on. Idk if it's to get ratings where people hate watch people like Jeffrey Lorde or Rick Santorum or they really need to scrape the bottom of the barrel. No matter what SHS fits it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A temporary victory, sadly.

Trump will just dredge up another spineless yes-man (or woman, I suppose) to spin lies for him.

The people who think Trump is still communicating some modicum of truth to them are beyond help at this point; they haven't ever stopped to wonder why Trump's entire cabinet and various supporting individuals have been in roiling turnover. It just doesn't even occur to them.

They can't stand, for one moment, to think that maybe, just maybe, the level of Trump's lying and absolute abject horrible job of leadership has caused such turnover. They tell themselves it must be normal, (despite all historical precedent saying otherwise) because obviously the man they support and whom they've staked their entire political existence upon can't just... you know, be an awful person, inept in every way, right?

That's why you see the classic false-parallel retorts of "well other politicians lie!" or "well I mean other president's cabinet members have come and gone!" despite the fact that Trump does it at such a vastly more egregious scale.

They don't want to see what they've become; they can't stomach it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-06-14 at 05:00 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    A temporary victory, sadly.

Trump will just dredge up another spineless yes-man (or woman, I suppose) to spin lies for him.

The people who think Trump is still communicating some modicum of truth to them are beyond help at this point; they haven't ever stopped to wonder why Trump's entire cabinet and various supporting individuals have been in roiling turnover. It just doesn't even occur to them.

They can't stand, for one moment, to think that maybe, just maybe, the level of Trump's lying and absolute abject horrible job of leadership has caused such turnover. They tell themselves it must be normal, (despite all historical precedent saying otherwise) because obviously the man they support and whom they've staked their entire political existence upon can't just... you know, be an awful person, inept in every way, right?

That's why you see the classic false-parallel retorts of "well other politicians lie!" or "well I mean other president's cabinet members have come and gone!" despite the fact that Trump does it at such a vastly more egregious scale.

They don't want to see what they've become; they can't stomach it.
    They're right.

Other politicians lie. Obama lied. Bush lied. Clinton lied.

But they didn't lie at nearly the level Trump does. They held together a cabinet that stayed mostly the same for most of their terms. There was also always, even with Bush, a modicum of actual honest patriotism. Sure, there are always varying degrees of corruption and cronyism, and in every case and at any level, it's always wrong, but Trump's taken it to an extreme never before seen. There's nothing honest or patriotic about Trump. He doesn't serve or lead. He wants to be a king. The Resolute Desk is a throne to him. I honestly think part of why he's so mad all the time is because he doesn't have the power he thought he'd have. He doesn't have the power he accused Obama of having. He's a man who thinks only of himself, he's in it only for himself and that sets him apart from other presidents. Other presidents were selfish and greedy, but unlike Trump, had some level of empathy and love for country.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    They're right.

Other politicians lie. Obama lied. Bush lied. Clinton lied.

But they didn't lie at nearly the level Trump does. They held together a cabinet that stayed mostly the same for most of their terms. There was also always, even with Bush, a modicum of actual honest patriotism. Sure, there are always varying degrees of corruption and cronyism, and in every case and at any level, it's always wrong, but Trump's taken it to an extreme never before seen. There's nothing honest or patriotic about Trump. He doesn't serve or lead. He wants to be a king. The Resolute Desk is a throne to him. I honestly think part of why he's so mad all the time is because he doesn't have the power he thought he'd have. He doesn't have the power he accused Obama of having. He's a man who thinks only of himself, he's in it only for himself and that sets him apart from other presidents. Other presidents were selfish and greedy, but unlike Trump, had some level of empathy and love for country.
    I'd wager to say no, they're not right; they attempt to draw a comparison in an effort to exonerate Trump (and their own support for him) that simply cannot be drawn. That, itself, is a fundamentally flawed premise, and can be discard as an utterly meaningless comparison.

It's like saying that a jaywalker and a serial killer are both lawbreakers. The egregiously vast difference between the two makes such an attempted comparison idiotic.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager to say no, they're not right; they attempt to draw a comparison in an effort to exonerate Trump (and their own support for him) that simply cannot be drawn. That, itself, is a fundamentally flawed premise, and can be discard as an utterly meaningless comparison.

It's like saying that a jaywalker and a serial killer are both lawbreakers. The egregiously vast difference between the two makes such an attempted comparison idiotic.
    True enough.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

At this point in the massive shit storm that has been this Administration the only thing left for the Cult to play is the Both Sides Card. Is it incredibly dishonest? Absolutely! Will they ever admit that they were wrong? Of course not.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    At this point in the massive shit storm that has been this Administration the only thing left for the Cult to play is the Both Sides Card. Is it incredibly dishonest? Absolutely! Will they ever admit that they were wrong? Of course not.
    Just like Russian whataboutism, in a way.

I mean you can see it in threads already. "Republicans put forth a white supremacist as a candidate last year? Well, well, you forget that 50 years ago the DEMOCRATS ran a KKK member! Doesn't matter that that individual spent the last 20 years of his life apologizing for his involvement in the KKK, THEY DID IT! You're all HYPOCRITES, making the democrats the BAD GUYS!"

That was the gist of a post from one of the usual suspects I responded to the other day.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    She always seemed to have one eye on the future, one eye on the present, and her ass in the past.
    Godspeed.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I doubt this administration will bother getting a new hand to direct the firehose. Trump will use this excuse to end briefings altogether, after holding all of 4 this year. Most transparent administration in history!

I wish I could say I'm surprised to see her being praised by same sorts who kept defending the charlottesville terrorist, blaming victims with made up conspiracies even a year later, but no, I'm not surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    She always seemed to have one eye on the future, one eye on the present, and her ass in the past.
    Godspeed.
    I just want to let you know that I appreciate this post, and you deserve to have a great weekend, knowing you won the internet.