Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilTrigger1989 View Post
    It is said that Actvision seems to want new works of CoD series be multiplyer only, as many other latest FPS, what a terrible news.
    imo they should just follow the CS:GO formula, make it free to play, or dirt cheap (10-15$) with battle passes, seasons, new maps every season, map rotations every season etc. and if they want release some single player content every so often as a paid DLC for those who want it

to me the "buy a new game every year for a full price" principle just feels old and outdated

they alrdy do a simmilar thing in china i think with CoD:Online
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-06-18 at 09:50 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    imo they should just follow the CS:GO formula, make it free to play, or dirt cheap (10-15$) with battle passes, seasons, new maps every season, map rotations every season etc. and if they want release some single player content every so often as a paid DLC for those who want it

ahh, yes, operated by Tencent, the King of in-game purchase.

The last CoD I played was CoD4.

It was fun the first 3-4 games then it's just more of the same.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I remember COD being at its height with Modern Warfare and Black Ops, played zombies with a friend. After that, Activision churned out the exact same game every year and it became the laughing stock of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I remember COD being at its height with Modern Warfare and Black Ops, played zombies with a friend. After that, Activision churned out the exact same game every year and it became the laughing stock of gaming.
    https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/22/n...s-of-the-year/

https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/18/n...s-of-the-year/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/20.../1100-6447090/

https://venturebeat.com/2016/01/14/2...s-of-the-year/

Laughing stock? Yea sorry the only one laughing is activision, laughing all the way to the bank. Boy I sure would want to have such a "laughing stock" of a product that only 1 other publisher is capable of beating in sales(and that publisher releases 1 game every 5 years at this point).

Like CoD or not, it's success being down played in this thread is hilarious and shows how hardcore gamers really exist in their own tiny little bubble that doesn't reflect the market at all.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    The last CoD I played was CoD4.
    My Last one is CoD:Black Ops, then no more.

Franchise and genre fatigue.

The current business model of short dev times, mass appeal and MT inclusion into every aspect of the game causes franchises to burn out quick. No place for original or innovative games or changes. They are infact considered dangerous risks to the model and discouraged. Devs are too tired and stressed for the creative process to flow as it should anyway.

Plus with development priority being on MTs or similar notions, the thousand little thoughts and tasks during game development aimed at a quality game experience simply never happen.

Its ruinous but in the short term shareholders are happy and executives make big bucks before exiting or dumping the burning corpse of the franchise and eyeing the next one.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2019-06-19 at 08:25 AM.

I'm actually looking forward to the new CoD this time around.
    I disliked the recent multiplayer versions though, with the exception of BO4's Battle Royal-Mode.

I kinda don't believe that they are less popular than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post

to me the "buy a new game every year for a full price" principle just feels old and outdated

If Black Ops 4 was free it would have dominated. Asking people to pay $60 for a MP only game today is a hard sell, especially with an old franchise that people are familiar with.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I've reached the point where I generally dislike multiplayer FPS games if that's their only function. I still greatly enjoy single-player FPS, as I find multiplayer modes boring pretty quickly in most games (especially if they're PvP-based). Perhaps their implementation is the problem, as even in WoW I enjoy organic PvP that just escalates out in the world versus instanced PvP, and most multiplayer games go this route of sterilized/structured PvP. When I play a game, I'm there for the story and single-player aspects, and that was the case even with the CoD franchise. Black Ops 4 was a hard pass for me exactly because it didn't have a single player mode, despite thoroughly enjoying Black Ops 1 through 3 campaigns.

I'm looking forward to games like the new Doom and Wolfenstein way more than whatever CoD game is coming out next.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Thing is, it's the exact opposite of that. People literally complained that they tried changing to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If Black Ops 4 was free it would have dominated. Asking people to pay $60 for a MP only game today is a hard sell, especially with an old franchise that people are familiar with.
    It still made 500 million in 3 days..
    Black ops 4 did just as well as the last instalment in the series.

If its selling less, its simply because everyone knows the formula already and its target market (those captured by COD 4 and MW2) have grown up and are now in their mid to late 20s. The next generation it failed to capture - those instead being snapped up by league and, more prominently, fortnite.

If we had F2P games on the scale of Fortnite or League back in 2010, we'd probs be playing those instead, too. But back then, the best F2P games were shit like... runescape, which we all know is pretty dogshit as a F2P game. So at that time, you had your pocket money to spend or maybe a birthday present to get. Your options were to try a new game, or to buy the next call of duty. The call of duty that you'd just spent the past 2 months playing, so you know the next one will be good too.

Why risk your money when you can take the safe bet? As much as everyone likes to shit on call of duty for not evolving, the other take is that it is consistent. If WoW was consistent for the past 10 years and never changed, only adding on new raids and dungeons and areas (which can be seen as maps), WoW would probably still be at 10mil+ subscribers.

But it didn't - it decided it needed to overhaul the secret sauce formula, changing it entirely and forgetting what the formula was in the process. So much so that they decided to just start selling the old one from 15 years ago again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD4 promod , Bo1 sniping lobbies, and WaW in general were amazing games, but the franchise has been literal trash since then.

We can see if the new modern warfare will be good, I mean they can just copy pasta cod4 and it will be successful if they don't add that RMT cancer. The cod4 remaster servers literally died on release LOL Fucking activision retards. The original cod4 servers are 9000x more populated on PC top kekerino. Devs should get that shit through their heads, stop season passes and other bullshit. No one wants to fucking deal with it.

I am such a fan of 4 that I would even consider buying the game just for single player nostalgia, my boy Price.. I know I will be a retarded shill if I do it and support a trash company, but whatever. I haven't spent a dime on CoD in many years so I'll just consider that a massive savings and not feel bad about it xD

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    CoD4 promod , Bo1 sniping lobbies, and WaW in general were amazing games, but the franchise has been literal trash since then.

We can see if the new modern warfare will be good, I mean they can just copy pasta cod4 and it will be successful if they don't add that RMT cancer. The cod4 remaster servers literally died on release LOL Fucking activision retards. The original cod4 servers are 9000x more populated on PC top kekerino. Devs should get that shit through their heads, stop season passes and other bullshit. No one wants to fucking deal with it.

I am such a fan of 4 that I would even consider buying the game just for single player nostalgia, my boy Price.. I know I will be a retarded shill if I do it and support a trash company, but whatever. I haven't spent a dime on CoD in many years so I'll just consider that a massive savings and not feel bad about it xD
    Have excessive focus on multi and basically ignore the single player, the root of the game, made me far away from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD:UO is still the best CoD, change my mind.

Seriously though, they started out good, and have just been getting worse ever since.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    CoD:UO is still the best CoD, change my mind.

Seriously though, they started out good, and have just been getting worse ever since.
    That actually was fun as hell on PS2 online if I remember right lol too bad the never used vehicles like jeeps again.