Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Jordan Peterson launches anti-censorship site Thinkspot

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...site-thinkspot

Looks like they are going for Gab 2.0, but this time they are paying to get in...the ultimate right wing filter bubble.

Yeah, this totally won't turn into another Stormfront.

Majority of the right wing will still use YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter because right wingers aren't being banned. It's the Stormfront types that get banned and they'd be the ones migrating over to a new thing.

Rightwing academic enlists failed Ukip MEP candidate Carl Benjamin to test subscription-only platform
    I'm not misunderstanding this headline in that article am I? They think people are going to pay to see hate speech?

The right doesn't fear censorship. It's bigots and those who promote violent conspiracy theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey great another Stormfront but hey it’s on their dime. Anyone wanting to give this con artist more money go for it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    INB4 one of the resident woke-stooges complains about censorship on the left!

Jordan Peterson’s Online Platform Will Shadowban Unpopular Opinions

Ohhh and his first content provider will be some rapey fantasy fiction from Carl Benjamin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

Ohhh and his first content provider will be some rapey fantasy fiction from Carl Benjiman?
    Irony.

The want free speech for themselves but not others. If this was honestly about free speech, they'd make a new platform, and let anyone post. But this isn't about free speech, it's about playing the victim card and building echo chambers.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    How nice to have another place to discuss marxism!

>Shadowbanning

But muh free speech

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's the Stormfront types that get banned and they'd be the ones migrating over to a new thing.
    You mean... Stormfront?

7+ Year Old Account

Ohhh and his first content provider will be some rapey fantasy fiction from Carl Benjamin?
    LOL, all speech is free speech, but some speech is freer than others.

Cannot make this shit up.

So, it'll be like the "free speech" on r/the_donald where you get banned if you aren't alt-right.

Damn, that's ironic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Irony.

The want free speech for themselves but not others. If this was honestly about free speech, they'd make a new platform, and let anyone post. But this isn't about free speech, it's about playing the victim card and building echo chambers.
    Damn this Seattle Heat Wave. Now I have a craving for a Milkshake with Freeze Peaches.

OMW to DQ!

Now, I know the Peterson fans like to think he's a huge fan of free speech. Just remember, this is the guy who sued twice, because people said things he didn't like. He loves freedom of speech so much, he twice asked the government to punish people for saying things he didn't like.

Why do people take that guy seriously?

7+ Year Old Account
    Few comments:
    -I would only use multiple platforms if they can make an aggregator that managed everything with one account.
    -Paying for social media would resolve the problem of a platform needing to clutter their service with ads and selling user data. The free model will probably be the best for the foreseeable future.
    -Minimum world length would make the shortest message about the same as the longest message on Twitter. IDK if that is good, a lot of conversations happen on Twitter because they are quick and casual and don't waste too much time per message.
    -Thinkspot policy says messages should only be removed after court order. I disagree with that because doxxing + supporting physical violence demands immediate removal, having to wait for a court order is intolerable in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Now, I know the Peterson fans like to think he's a huge fan of free speech. Just remember, this is the guy who sued twice, because people said things he didn't like. He loves freedom of speech so much, he twice asked the government to punish people for saying things he didn't like.

Why do people take that guy seriously?
    Because he validates their insecurities. And charges them for that validation.

I wonder if his site will contain "Beef is what's for dinner" advertisements.

I think Peterson is out to make money any way he can. He was pushing this sleazy "carnivore diet" diet a while back. People who'll sell you a fad diet are one step away from the people who'll sell you a pyramid scheme.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Because he validates their insecurities. And charges them for that validation.

I wonder if his site will contain "Beef is what's for dinner" advertisements.
    There's good money to be made in telling people they are victims. Peterson isn't much different than other demagogues and charlatans like Trump and Al Sharpton.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Just random grifting. GAB exists. Nobody with half a brain would pay a sub for a discussion website as long as you can make endless free emails and accounts anywhere else.

JBP needs to hire some people that understand economics and the Internet.
    The kind of people who buy into these charlatans don't have half a brain. They'll happily throw their money at this.

Looks like a scam. Good on Jordan Peterson tho, getting that money from idiots that dont deserve it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You mean... Stormfront?
    I thought they migrate to Gen OT and politics tbh these days instead of Stormfront