Poll: Dragon Aspects vs Elemental Lords

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragon Aspects vs Elemental Lords

4 Dragon Aspects(Alexstrasza, Ysera, Nozdormu, Malygos) vs 4 Elemental Lords(Ragnaros, Al'Akir, Therazane, Neptulon)

Current power leveled aspects or the ones before the nerf?

The Aspects lost their power in Cata. The Elemental Lords were also made quite the joke in Cata.

Hmm. Just reminds me how much I hated what they did in Cata.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The Aspects lost their power in Cata. The Elemental Lords were also made quite the joke in Cata.

Hmm. Just reminds me how much I hated what they did in Cata.
    Let's just agree that Cata was a tragedy beside new Silverpine, Gilneas and maybe Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Current power leveled aspects or the ones before the nerf?
    Of course, I'm talking about Aspects before losing strength, otherwise it would be strange to compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Let's just agree that Cata was a tragedy beside new Silverpine, Gilneas and maybe Hyjal.
    I'm still rather a fan of Vashj'ir and Uldum. Uldum because I use to wonder about what that old ruin was supposed to be in Tanaris. Vashj'ir because of... well that little ass fucking island you can get a flight path on that serves no purpose really. Just a nice place to AFK and chat with guild

Well, dragon aspects are way hotter

Nozdormu manipulating time is what gives them the win. Ever see Dr. Strange? Team Dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm still rather a fan of Vashj'ir and Uldum. Uldum because I use to wonder about what that old ruin was supposed to be in Tanaris. Vashj'ir because of... well that little ass fucking island you can get a flight path on that serves no purpose really. Just a nice place to AFK and chat with guild
    Those were the two zones in Cata that I had a blast with!

Didn't Ragnaros gave a good fight against Odyn the strongest of the titan keepers? With that we can say the elementals lords wins pretty easily
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Dragon Aspects have a portion of Pantheon's power, while each of Elemental Lords is defeated by two-three Titan Keepers.
    Last edited by Trient; 2019-06-19 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Didn't Ragnaros gave a good fight against Odyn the strongest of the titan keepers? With that we can say the elementals lords wins pretty easily
    Ragnaros fought against two Keepers and what? Just do not tell me that you believe this stupid myth, that the Keepers gave Aspects their own power, and not the power of the Pantheon

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh I really liked the look and feel of Vashj'ir. But it was a nightmare to quest and fight there. As for Uldum. Probably my most hated zone ever. An opportunity for some huge loregasm and it turned into an offensively dumb Indiana Jones parody with only a single original joke. I didn't believe Pandaria could actually have lore because of the Uldum burn.

Oh I really liked the look and feel of Vashj'ir. But it was a nightmare to quest and fight there. As for Uldum. Probably my most hated zone ever. An opportunity for some huge loregasm and it turned into an offensively dumb Indiana Jones parody with only a single original joke. I didn't believe Pandaria could actually have lore because of the Uldum burn.
    The Indy parody was the absolute worst and most wasteful part of Uldum. One area of the zone that way would have been enough. Questing in Vashj’ir was the worst because you had to find the stupid ass caves. Nazjatar would have worked well underwater because the denizens and quest givers breathe water. The five Cata zones all had their perks imo. My personal favorite was Twi-lands. It gave the faction war experience in one zone(which is more than enough)

OT: I’d go with the Aspects just because the Elemental Lords don’t seem to like each other much. That would give the Aspects teamwork advantage.

Oh I really liked the look and feel of Vashj'ir. But it was a nightmare to quest and fight there.
    big facts.... characters with charge like functions (targeted on a character) or primarily ranged builds had less of an issue with the fighting. Questing to me wasn't all that bad except for how railroaded it was.... but that was the same in all of cata.

As for Uldum. Probably my most hated zone ever. An opportunity for some huge loregasm and it turned into an offensively dumb Indiana Jones parody with only a single original joke. I didn't believe Pandaria could actually have lore because of the Uldum burn.
    the later half of uldum was a pain. But the introduction and first looks into the Remkhahem were why I ranked it higher.

Still both my choices (vashj'ir and uldum) were more about visuals and general aesthetics rather than the story.

5+ Year Old Account
    big facts.... characters with charge like functions (targeted on a character) or primarily ranged builds had less of an issue with the fighting. Questing to me wasn't all that bad except for how railroaded it was.... but that was the same in all of cata.
    I had no issue with combat per say cause I don't play with half a dozen macros. I think it was the targeting macros that went apeshit. But when you aggro mobs from every possible angle and they just fly to you straight through objects, that's fucked up. And the quest tracking wasn't quite ready for how verticle Vashj'ir was.

I had no issue with combat per say cause I don't play with half a dozen macros. I think it was the targeting macros that went apeshit.
    I had issues with a number of effects that placed soemthing on the ground around me. certain aoe effects also only seemed to work in a line or layer...

trying to move with heroic leap or launch a hand of guldan? bOOM aiming for teh seafloor like a bajillion meters beyond anything off in nowehere.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Ragnaros fought against two Keepers and what? Just do not tell me that you believe this stupid myth, that the Keepers gave Aspects their own power, and not the power of the Pantheon
    So far, every information has confirmed the keepers are still a level above the aspects, Helya was capable of creating planes of existance with Ra-den, has Malygos or any of the former aspect done something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Elemental Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    So far, every information has confirmed the keepers are still a level above the aspects, Helya was capable of creating planes of existance with Ra-den, has Malygos or any of the former aspect done something like that?
    Didn't Krasus create a mini-dimension in which he hid the blue dragon eggs? And do dragons of every flock not have their own Sanctuary? Who created these Shrines? Perhaps the Keepers, and perhaps the Aspects themselves.
    And by the way
    ''When fallen Keeper Loken instigated the Winterskorn War, fought between the Winterskorn vrykul and the earthen, Tyr and his allies fought on the earthen's side. However when Tyr realized that they could not win against the Winterskorn clan alone he called upon the Dragon Aspects for aid. The noble Aspects grew enraged upon seeing so many dead titan-forged. Their fury only deepened when they learned that proto-dragons had been enslaved. Without hesitation, the Aspects took wing and unleashed their powers on the Winterskorn's iron ranks.

Much as they had done in the fight against Galakrond, the aspects worked in unison to overwhelm and the vrykul army. Alexstrasza held the Winterskorn at bay with towering walls of enchanted fire. Malygos drained the magical essence that fueled the constructs and golems, rendering them useless. He also shattered the enchanted snares that bound the proto-dragons and set the beasts free. Neltharion raised mountains from the earth to corral and contain the vrykul and their giant masters. Lastly, Ysera and Nozdormu combined their powers to create a spell that would bring a decisive end to the conflict.

Ysera and Nozdormu enveloped the Winterskorn in a cloying mist that caused them the titan-forged to fall asleep. These incapacitated creatures were then locked away in tombs cities across northern Kalimdor. They would not know the peaceful slumber of the Emerald Dream. Rather, they would languish in a timeless, unconscious slumber for thousands upon thousands of years.''
    Tyr decided to ask Aspects for help