Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Horrible. And not remotely comparable to Lich King 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Cool, you proved one of your two assertions.

So Tinker starts at 50 means it’s a hero class. Doesn’t mean it has to start at 60 if the level cap is 70.
    Not really, Demon Hunter was this way, but don't forget that Death Knights were level 55 when WotLK-Zones started with level 70, forcing them to do the Burning Crusade-Zones first.

I think if you talk to most players who are close to the game, most of these are expected.

The only one that feels a bit off is the boar-creature for horde. Quillboar doesn't seem like a sophisticated enough race to be a part of a collective.

If they do use the Worgen model as the baseline, I suspect we'll either get the Saberon that escaped to the Barrens during the Maghar Orc scenario or a form of Troll Cat Shapeshifters like the ones in ZG/ZA. There's a world quest in Zuldazar that says "Make them remember" where you fight those guys, I think it would be cool to see one of them make it as playable.

On the lightforged undead, we've heard rumors of that for a while. I still find it really dumb. But I don't play alliance so whatever.

If true - no Sethrak would be disappointing.

Three things:

1. Blizzard is on record saying they regret using the phrase “hero class”.
    2. Nobody said Tinker was a hero class, either.
    3. Blizzard gets to define what these things (such as “hero class”) mean, not the players.
    Do you have any proof that they regret using the phrase? All I have read is they used it because DKs and DHs were hero units in WC and it is the reason they get to start at a later level.

Also the starting at level 50 makes no sense at all even if they are dropping current to 60 and moving up from there. 55 made sense since by the time you are done you were 58-60 and could go to OL. Still should have been 65. 98 made sense for DHs since you were 100 after the intro and ready to hit Legion. 50 in this respect makes no sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I called him out on being a larper in the thread but I found this all too interesting not to post here. It’s always nice to have something different to complain about.

Cool, you proved one of your two assertions.
    That was my only "assertion".

So Tinker starts at 50 means it’s a hero class. Doesn’t mean it has to start at 60 if the level cap is 70.
    That was not an assertion. Regarding not starting at expansion's minimal level, I just said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    • Makes no sense from a storytelling perspective;
    • Makes no sense from a gameplay perspective;
    • It goes against their current design philosophy of getting players to experience 'current content' as soon as possible.
    In other words, my opinion regarding the idea of a hero class starting much more than 10 levels below current (at the time) cap.

Lightbound Undead was a wowhead.com april fools day joke.

/fakelist

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

taking a cool idea that is "prestige class" or "skin race" and fucking up like subrace, so you have to level another fucking class again, thats our blizzard right here.

Already have precedent with the green fire quest that you do not need to level a new warlock, and with account wide transmogs. I doubt if they did class skins, considering it would be the same class just different animations/colors/themes, you would have to level a new on just to use. Blizzard has been guilty of doing stupid things along the way but nothing like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember BfA leaks? Yeah...

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds half good half bad although it seems like way too much content and way too much of changes for Blizzard to ever dare do this. Also they used the word "frenemies" so yep, this is definitly false.

Ooo is it "leak" season already? I love "leak" season! Hang on lemme grab my popcorn!

That was my only "assertion".

That was not an assertion. Regarding not starting at expansion's minimal level, I just said:

In other words, my opinion regarding the idea of a hero class starting much more than 10 levels below current (at the time) cap.
    And my original point was: don’t be surprised when Blizzard does things that don’t make sense.

/shrug
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

So people always go full idiot and discredit posts like these because “4chan” but

Everytime there is a leak like this it’s always at the bare minimum a partial truth.

So take it as you see it but I would expect at least 30-50% of that in 9.0
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Except the two classes that have been introduced so far who begin at a higher level are called "hero classes", and we have no reason at all to believe that Blizzard will implement a new "kind" of class other than the "normal" and "hero" class.
    We have no reason to believe Blizzard has any reason to follow any previous conventions too.

Look at Pandaren breaking the tradition of a Horde/Alliance only choice. You can't derive that from any previous conventions.

And if they want to do a Tinker at 50 as a core Class rather than a hero, then they could absolutely do it. Tell me, is it impossible for them to introduce a level 50 core Class?

A Hero class also involves have special lore introductions and customization. Tinker could start at 50 and still be a regular class for not having special lore intros and special customization. The term 'Hero' class is loosely defined. You will not find any definitive explanation saying any class starting at level 50 MUST BE A HERO CLASS.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-06-17 at 05:25 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Literally nothing in here that you couldn't spitball based on stuff we already know about the game or that isn't already subject of discussion in the greater community.

A lot of it is plausible but nothing about it is credible.
    Yeah, this. I wouldn't be against most of it, but none of it is anything particularly groundbreaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    What a big load of LOL.

Seriously though, if they ever do actually implement some absolute fucking bullshit like "tinker class" I will burn my copy of WoW and never install it again.
    Sounds good to me! Those of us who want Tinker get it, and those who can't accept it ragequit. Win-win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaoslace View Post
    Ooo is it "leak" season already? I love "leak" season! Hang on lemme grab my popcorn!
    It is remarkably entertaining. Then again, I'm the kind of person who just likes theory-crafting and world-building, so it's entertaining for me even if I know it's not true.

This isn't real. It's like a conglomeration of every MMO-C and reddit idea I've seen floating around recently slapped onto 4chan. In particular I remember seeing comments about someone speculating that the death "god" is a female entity, that Calia or Voss would be the Forsaken leader, that dragons would be involved soon....pretty much all of these I've seen a post about on MMO-C or something.

Like, there's not a single non-fanmade idea in this "leak". A lot of times you can tell what the real leaks are by if any expectations are subverted in a very original way. This was written by a fan and it strongly shows.

Feel free to quote and laugh at this post if that ends up being untrue, but I seriously doubt it.

""" Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn"""

If this happens right here, I will be hoping that activision fires/demotes/replaces Alex and Danuser for this garbage. Screwing with Elune is a bad move.

No WoW. No shark jumping allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    Everytime there is a leak like this it’s always at the bare minimum a partial truth.
    Coincidences are partial truths. Fortune telling is partial truth. Partial truths are the foundation for convincing lies.

'Partial truth' are ultimately subjective and biased. They can be easily manipulated to persuade or deceive.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-06-17 at 05:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Already have precedent with the green fire quest that you do not need to level a new warlock, and with account wide transmogs. I doubt if they did class skins, considering it would be the same class just different animations/colors/themes, you would have to level a new on just to use. Blizzard has been guilty of doing stupid things along the way but nothing like this.
    warlock green fire is just a color

this prestige class would change more than just this, like necromancer you would summon undeads not demons

taking account blizzard fucking up the idea of subrace, making then totally different races instead of a option within the race, so they could sell race change and make people lv up another character, playing more, they would totally do this again but this time with Class

is an easy thing to do, since its just art based, and you will get more profit.