Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    I'm not saying anything except the dude sounds kind of salty. I don't know who Taliesin is actually. I figured he was talking about the WoW fanbase and developers considering he said "Them" not "Him". Also, why would the developer be so quick to attack while also having no pride in the game.

Not to mention he wants to talk about getting an Allied race list off of Wowpedia meanwhile everything he "leaked" has basically been theorized for people way before this thread.
    he got salty because someone called him out on his bullshit.

honestly i think this is the funniest comment one of the people made against the leaker
    >doing all she can to keep nzoth from escaping
    >in 8.2 facilitates his escape
    Last edited by withpuppys; 2019-06-18 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    By what measure? since neither of the other whole 2 hero classes start at 50 either.
    "Starts at level 50" indicates the class starts at a higher level, hence "hero class".

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    By what measure? since neither of the other whole 2 hero classes start at 50 either.
    I can see where he's coming from as Hero classes so far have started at higher levels (Death Knight and Demon Hunter). Now you've got to remember, this is in the context of the leak where they said the leveling is getting squished to 60 (so 1/2 what it is) which means Death Knights would start at about level 27-28 and Demon Hunters at 49, so Tinker starting at 50 would be about level 100 currently(a little weird making them do Legion content, but DKs did have to go through Outland).

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Other games have done it and still maintained the distinct styles of each spec. Rift: Storm Legion says hello.

It's a difficult process, but a worthy one.
    Really? Rift? And how is that game doing?

I mean really.. wow is a MMORPG with a huge and rich world with alot of stuff going on. Classes that were uniqe and had alot of cool stuff were great. But it all got chipped away for "balance reasons" and some silly esports obsession that very few really follows compared to other esports games.

Quote Originally Posted by tboss2447 View Post
    he got salty because someone called him out on his bullshit.

honestly i think this is the funniest comment one of the people made against the leaker
    >doing all she can to keep nzoth from escaping
    >in 8.2 facilitates his escape
    I think its really stupid to assume the story and Sylvanas intentions so far. Why would Sylavanas want N'zoth free??? Are you thinking straight?

If you wanted to use some IQ points you could use the argument from Hearthstone with N'zoth. But I doubt you thought that far ahead.
    Last edited by KronoFett; 2019-06-18 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    I think its really stupid to assume the story and Sylvanas intentions so far. Why would Sylavanas want N'zoth free??? Are you thinking straight?

If you wanted to use some IQ points you could use the argument from Hearthstone with N'zoth. But I doubt you thought that far ahead.
    we already have most of the 8.2 story thanks to the ptr. and in 8.2 sylvanas sends/lures us right into azshara's trap where azshara is able to use our heart of azeroth to free n'zoth. so if her goal is to keep nzoth from breaking free from his prison, then it is counterproductive to deliver the key to his cell on a silver platter which is what sylvanas does

if the "leaker" said she wanted to free him so she can kill him, it would be different, but since they say she wants to keep nzoth from breaking free, the "leaker" effectively shot themself in the foot.

as for why sylvanas would want to free nzoth, there could be several reasons, there is the secretive deal she made with azshara servant, ashvane. nzoth might have made a deal with her that if she frees him he will keep her out of hell. either way nzoth would not have been freed with our heart of azeroth, if it wasnt for sylvanas. she gave nzoth and azshara exactly what they wanted.

(also there was the datamined text where ashvane says "the banshee baited you here, gave azshara what she wants" and while the line was changed later on, the story is planned out ahead of time, so any changes made to the dialogue texts would end up reaching the same conclusion anyways)
    Last edited by withpuppys; 2019-06-18 at 01:04 PM.

we already have most of the 8.2 story thanks to the ptr. and in 8.2 sylvanas sends/lures us right into azshara's trap where azshara is able to use our heart of azeroth to free n'zoth. so if her goal is to keep nzoth from breaking free from his prison, then it is counterproductive to deliver the key to his cell on a silver platter which is what sylvanas does

if the "leaker" said she wanted to free him so she can kill him, it would be different, but since they say she wants to keep nzoth from breaking free, the "leaker" effectively shot themself in the foot.

as for why sylvanas would want to free nzoth, there could be several reasons, there is the secretive deal she made with azshara servant, ashvane. nzoth might have made a deal with her that if she frees him he will keep her out of hell. either way nzoth would not have been freed with our heart of azeroth, if it wasnt for sylvanas. she gave nzoth and azshara exactly what they wanted.
    ...people only assume Sylvanas has led them into a trap. We assume Sylvanas took us out there to free N'zoth simply because everyone is against her. If you fully believe that I think much of the foreshadowing has missed you. Alleria Windrunner or Anduin are actually bigger candidates if you paid close attention. We are missing lots of cut scenes and lore points at the moment. Sylvanas is obviously set up to pull a Kerrigan moment based on the narrative. The story is set up that someone in the Alliance is under N'zoth's influence. Sylvanas being undead is an enemy of the void and is resistant to corruption of the old gods. BUT, there is two individuals in the Alliance to be worried about.

Anyone can say anything on any website. I can say blizzard is having player housing ready next expansion but it means nothing. Fact of the matter is 4chan is very popular lately for leaks. And if you read the source material, and I know you didn't, the person seemed really genuine and talked about the company culture only a real employee there would understand. I will honestly say 80% said here will be done.

The big give away for me was the class skins requiring you to level up a whole new character instead of simply putting a glyph or something similar for your class. They really want you to buy level boost.
    *shrugs* I mainly read this thread and any other 'leaks' because it's a great plcae to find weird-ass theory crafting.

We simply don't know. And if there is something really convincing there. It could simply mean someone found something that is credible to believe and hang onto it.

- people call for 'sub-races'
    - blizzard delivers with a twist that involves lvling, allied races
    - people call for class skins or however you want to call it
    - human brain wired to see patterns
    - blizzard delivers with a twist that involves lvling, prestige classes

I'll just remain agnostic, there is probably something out there called 9.0, but I have no idea how or what it looks like untill I can observe it.

...people only assume Sylvanas has led them into a trap. We assume Sylvanas took us out there to free N'zoth simply because everyone is against her. If you fully believe that I think much of the foreshadowing has missed you. Alleria Windrunner or Anduin are actually bigger candidates if you paid close attention. We are missing lots of cut scenes and lore points at the moment. Sylvanas is obviously set up to pull a Kerrigan moment based on the narrative. The story is set up that someone in the Alliance is under N'zoth's influence. Sylvanas being undead is an enemy of the void and is resistant to corruption of the old gods. BUT, there is two individuals in the Alliance to be worried about.
    yes, because we have datamine broadcast text that literally says that she is the one who sent us there, the alliance's intro to it is following sylvanas.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Nathanos. The next phase of our campaign is at hand.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Sail out with what remains of our fleet. The blade will guide you to the rendezvous.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Casualties on both sides will be substantial. Consider this an opportunity to weed out the disloyal.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: The threads we have woven with such care will soon be drawn together. The war is serving its purpose. Stay focused on the endgame. You know what is to come.
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: We have been through so much together, you and I. Trust in me, as I have ever trusted in you.

in this broadcast text we see that sylvanas is the one giving the order to sail out to their "rendezvous point" if she never sent us there, azshara would never been able to use our heart of azeroth to free nzoth. sylvanas set in motion the events that would allow n'zoth to be freed.

speaking of foreshadowing as soon as sylvanas gets her hands on a old god dagger that speaks with a new voice who serve's nzoth, we get this line
    <As you present the dagger to Sylvanas, a faint smile curls her lips. For the briefest moment, it seems her eyes darken. A trick of the light, no doubt.> gee, i wonder what that is foreshadowing, even the foreshadowing is hinting that sylvanas is no good. it is never just a "trick of the light" it is the oldest cliche for something not being right there.

only scourge undead have been shown to be resistant to the void, and that is because they are literally mindless. trying to corrupt mindless undead would be like trying to corrupt a pile of rocks. there is nothing there to corrupt or whisper to.

and finally, anduin and alleria are nowhere near the events of nazjatar, hell i dont even think anduin has a single line other than when he asks you to free baine. while alleria remains on your ship giving you upgrades and remains irrelevant to the story. the people in nazjatar are genn greymane, jaina proudmoore, first arcanist thally, lor'themar, and nathanos briefly, and sylvanas is the one who orders you to follow this nzoth serving old god blade and go to nazjatar
    Last edited by withpuppys; 2019-06-18 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    ugh this sounds like something I would never play
    The game works like that already. The only difference is that everything else gets stronger while you stay week when you level up, actually it's worse, since your stats also actively become worse (less % crit/haste/vers/mastery). And since everything around you scales it means you are weaker at level 120 than you were at level 110. It's just an illusion in regards to numbers that they beccome bigger in WoW, where in ESO they apparently just try to keep the numbers at moderate levels.

Unlocking a feature that you cannot use unless you start over.

This post TOTALLY checks out! 10/10.

Wow... with that level squish questionnaire / announcement this thing gets way more real.

I also felt that the IE NPC players that were tanks riding mecha-armor seemed like some serious foreshadowing of an added class / style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Wow... with that level squish questionnaire / announcement this thing gets way more real.
    No, it does not. The questionnaire was already known before the "leak".

Correctly predicting the past is not a particularly noteworthy skill.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it does not. The questionnaire was already known before the "leak".

Correctly predicting the past is not a particularly noteworthy skill.
    I did not know ... sorry my mistake.

but the tinker could still be pretty real - but again - that's been predicted long before this "leak".
    Last edited by slime; 2019-06-18 at 03:26 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until a leak gives us some new thing that would completely blown us away from being unexpected, instead of just giving us the same fan fiction LARP'ing, I won't believe them. Still, that prestige class sounds fun.

On the other hand, if it's anything like that OTHER leak that said that future allied races from previous expansions will be beyond payment on Blizzard store, I hope they're fake

Obvious fake, given away by the fan fiction that is Voss/Calia as Forsaken leader.

This fake uses a lot of fan speculation to create its' "leak" such as "class skins" which gained a bit of fame from Taliesin's video recently.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I did not know ... sorry my mistake.

but the tinker could still be pretty real - but again - that's been predicted long before this "leak".
    many of the ideas presented in this "leak" are ideas taken from the community mixed with thing blizzard has already talked about doing in interviews and stuff.

hell the stuff about class skins was literally an entire speculation video T&E did 2 weeks ago. which also came before this leak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcoK4OXKTw&t=

I am still for an all-gnome expac.

World of Warcraft: Shadow of Gnomoria

Well, at least the release for 8.2 was right

- - - Updated - - -

many of the ideas presented in this "leak" are ideas taken from the community mixed with thing blizzard has already talked about doing in interviews and stuff.

hell the stuff about class skins was literally an entire speculation video T&E did 2 weeks ago. which also came before this leak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcoK4OXKTw&t=
    Class skins was already a leak too last year-2018, you can see in the 3rd page of this topic, a person just gave the link:

Quote Originally Posted by squidz0rz View Post
    A lot of things match from the leak that happened last year. Prestige classes, the neutral faction stuff, and some story bits.

https://imgur.com/a/we9I204

On that leak there was a Shadow Hunter tho, and this new leak, has no Shadow Hunter anymore.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-06-18 at 05:20 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So since I’m dumb and linked to the wrong leak thread earlier here’s the correct thread.
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/...ng-on-world-of
    I’ve added it to the OP as well.
    When it’s gone it’ll be found on 3rd party archive sites but those are dubious enough that I don’t want to link people to them from here.
    Last edited by Ooid; 2019-06-18 at 06:00 PM.