Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Every one of these are basically stolen from Taliesin and Evitel speculation videos.

You need to try harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    [*]New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
    [*] Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
    [*]Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    [*]Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
    That would make sense on the class side of things. Tinker makes sense as its own class, while Necromancer, DS, and Dark Ranger make sense as class skins. Those class skins would be a way to increase replay value while giving people the illusion of a new class. However, I'm willing to bet that Dark Shaman is a typo and that they actually meant Dark Ranger.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-06-17 at 05:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    Every one of these are basically stolen from Taliesin and Evitel speculation videos.

You need to try harder.
    who is "stolen" from the wiki anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wish people could talk about a topic - even a "leak" - and discuss it as if it were true

Like , discussions on plausibility, potential story points , etc.

God damnit, I would like to see these factions get away..
    waste of energy, totaly useless and nobody realy have the sense of belonging anymore anyway
    Also a shitty barrier to have the opportunity to play with more friends

I'll take this info with a grain of salt, but some of the stuff posted could possibly lead it to be truth. The whole official Blizzard survey informing players about "level squish" lines up with his info about it so the fact check here looks solid. Still unsure about the rest though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Seems legit

- - - Updated - - -

And I got a donkey dick that I carry over my shoulder
    Really? No shit? I do too. Now I don't feel alone in the world anymore. We should meet up and go to the bars. I'd love to see the reaction on a women's face when we tell her we have a 4 foot slong and she say's bull shit then I show her mine and she's like WTF and then....You show her yours and the fact that 2 guys on planet earth are so endowed ,,,,,right there her head explodes. Then we go on a road trip all over the world making wemon's head explode and we could become the 2slongbandits or something. What do ya think?? Want to?

World of Warcraft: Final Nail in the Coffin

In short FNitC - yea, sounds stupid enough to be true.

I mean every time one of these release on 4 chan, with semi credible out comes, people just scream fake even though the majority in the past have been pretty close to correct.

"Tyrande Revenge was slated for 8.3 but was pushed up due to dissatisfaction"

pffffffft hahahaha
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    All this cosmetic crap takes time away from real content.

And yes, artists are needed for real content. They don't have unlimited artists.
    Yea it must be the lack of artists holding them back

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would make sense on the class side of things. Tinker makes sense as its own class, while Necromancer, DS, and Dark Ranger make sense as class skins. Those class skins would be a way to increase replay value while giving people the illusion of a new class. However, I'm willing to bet that Dark Shaman is a typo and that they actually meant Dark Ranger.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Prestige Classes do become a thing they'd start at a later level similar to Allied Race, since having them unlocked Shows you already have some level of understanding of the game, and if Dark Shaman isn't a typo it could be a substitute for the more "evil" races to play something similar, perhaps if they wanted to introduce Allied Races like Man'ari or Fel Orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    We have no reason to believe Blizzard has any reason to follow any previous conventions too.
    Actually, we do have reason. We do see them following "previous conventions" a lot.

Look at Pandaren breaking the tradition of a Horde/Alliance only choice. You can't derive that from any previous conventions.
    More like an exception than the rule.

And if they want to do a Tinker at 50 as a core Class rather than a hero, then they could absolutely do it. Tell me, is it impossible for them to introduce a level 50 core Class?
    Impossible? No. But again: it makes no sense from a story-telling perspective, from a gameplay perspective, and it doesn't fit Blizzard's recent philosophy of getting the player to play the newest content as fast as possible.

You will not find any definitive explanation saying any class starting at level 50 MUST BE A HERO CLASS.
    Considering we will "not find" any definitive explanation saying otherwise, either, we must follow what the game and the developers have said so far: "hero classes are classes that start at an advanced level", among other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    And my original point was: don’t be surprised when Blizzard does things that don’t make sense.

/shrug
    Regarding this, I would. Because every single decision Blizzard has done so far in the game, since its inception, follow an apparent rule: accessibility. A hero class that starts at a level much lower than minimum required for the expansion that introduces them goes against said rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    We have no reason to believe Blizzard has any reason to follow any previous conventions too.

Look at Pandaren breaking the tradition of a Horde/Alliance only choice. You can't derive that from any previous conventions.

And if they want to do a Tinker at 50 as a core Class rather than a hero, then they could absolutely do it. Tell me, is it impossible for them to introduce a level 50 core Class?

A Hero class also involves have special lore introductions and customization. Tinker could start at 50 and still be a regular class for not having special lore intros and special customization. The term 'Hero' class is loosely defined. You will not find any definitive explanation saying any class starting at level 50 MUST BE A HERO CLASS.
    Aside from all the pointless semantics about hero classes (and I agree, predicting a trend from 2 data points is a fool's errant) I think with a level squish the whole system would also have to change. It depends entirely how the new level process is structured. If 60 is your new max level, where does that place lvl. 58 Deathknights? Where does that place a level 100 class like demon hunter. For all we know 50 could a new unified level for hero classes. I'm not saying the thing is true, but since most of these points have been talked of before and are at least somewhat plausible - given current Blizzard - it's easy to discredit them with some shallow reasoning or swallow them hook, line and sinker in equal measure.

Personally it sounds rather consistent with current trends, if anything it's too consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Actually, we do have reason. We do see them following "previous conventions" a lot.
    They break conventions as much as they follow them.

More like an exception than the rule.
    What rule? That classes can't start at level 50?

We already have Character Boosts to show how much they care about adhering to these mechanics. It wouldn't be much to fold that into a newly introduced character class that they want people playing for end-game, to skip all the balance mechanics they need to consider for leveling. Keep in mind, I'm playing devils advocate for a class that starts at level 50, not actually asking for one. I don't care much for the Tinker concept being a level 50 class. It makes little sense to me why they couldn't start at 0 and let players choose to boost if they want. I don't consider Tinkers to be Hero class material either.

Considering we will "not find" any definitive explanation saying otherwise, either, we must follow what the game and the developers have said so far: "hero classes are classes that start at an advanced level", among other things.
    Then you're assuming rather than knowing. You have nothing to refute here if all you're working off of is an assumption based on existing information.

Nothing regarding future content should be based on existing knowledge. Look at Legion giving us a 2-Spec class. It was an 'unwritten rule' that all classes have 3 specs, wouldn't you say?

Also Developers never said "hero classes are classes that start at an advanced level". They said 'Hero classes start at an advanced level'. There is a subtle difference there, and you're twisting words through paraphrasing something they didn't actually define as 'classes that start at an advanced level'. Your paraphrasing makes it seem it is mutually exclusive, and it is a false statement.

Even on WoWpedia, the definition of a Hero class is simply 'a character class derived from the base classes, but with exclusive perks'. That is loose enough to include but not be mutually exclusive to starting at an advanced level.

Here is Blizzard's own explanation of a Hero class:

The death knight is a hero class, that doesn't mean it is more powerful than the other classes, just that it will offer a very different playing experience.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-06-17 at 06:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    lol fake...guy says that he has to pay for a wow sub
    Actually, my understanding is that they do. They have accounts that they use for logging in to the game for work, game masters, what have you. But as far as playing the actual game legitimately, I believe they have to pay for their own personal accounts.

I am not speaking as an expert on this. I just recall something I read once from a community manager and this is my recollection. That doesn't mean this shit isn't fake... just that memory says this one piece might actually be factual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Yup. I heard Blizzard already terminated the lease with the server farm they use for WoW. Game will be shuttered by the end of the year.
    I know you're being sarcastic... but they, uh, don't lease a server farm. They have their own data center and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    """ Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn"""

If this happens right here, I will be hoping that activision fires/demotes/replaces Alex and Danuser for this garbage. Screwing with Elune is a bad move.
    Why? The most elusive non-entity in the whole damn franchise which we know neither form nor alignment of. She could be everything from a literal titan database script to a nympho void lord that just enjoyed having a bunch of pretty people run around half-naked. We know that something responds to the prayers of the nelfs, but they have literally 0 meaningfull interaction with her. Even her 10k year old head priestess has absolutely no fucking clue who or what she is. Currently she isn't affiliated with any of the major celestial groups in the lore, for all we know she could be something akin to the primal aspects like death, which we know about as much as her. These parts in the lore have been left empty with a note that reads: "pick up crayon and color in as needed". That is wow lore in a nutshell since WC1.

Just wondering why that leak has a level squish just AFTER Blizzard already started to talk about it... HMMM

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    So earlier tonight a person claiming to be a developer did a Q&A on 4chan's /v/ board. Now I know your immediate thought is that it's nothing, but I found it interesting enough to share here. Some sounds plausible, but some of it is information that has been thought up by the community. Also for the sake of making a readable thread title pretend I put about 50 quote marks around developer in the title.

Some highlights:

• Claims that WoW will be implementing something akin to ESO's leveling system.
    • The level cap in 9.0 will be 60 and we'll be questing to level 70.
    • Claims that he's working on a faction merge prototype at the moment and testing how warmode could still leave PvP intact.
    • On the faction merge they're TALKING about letting people interact with the other faction as long as warmode is off. Orcs in SW and Night Elves in Horde guilds and so on.
    • The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde
    • High elves are doa.
    • No Sethrakk
    • Sylvanas survives into the next expansion, right now she's trying to stop N'zoth and after he escapes we'll fight her and reseal N'zoth as the final boss of BfA
    • After Sylvanas leaves to do her thing Lilian Voss is slated to become the new Forskaen leader although if "faction stuff" is scrapped then Calia with be the leader. (Whatever "faction stuff" means...maybe dissolving the factions gameplay wise? Or storywise?)
    • In 8.3 we "defeat" N'zoth but he isn't gone forever
    • Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
    • Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding
    • The next expansion will deal with the resurgence of the dragons (Wrathion finally comes back) as well as dealing with the forces of Death. Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn
    • Says that Bwonsomdi's boss is a "she", no name yet
    • Something about an orb we're getting as the new artifact/azerite system and a bunch of quests related to it? (Is this something on live?)
    • New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
    • Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
    • Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    • Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
    • Player housing is forever in development hell

Anyway those were the most salient parts. There are bits and bobs in the screencaps below so take a look. And I swear to god if someone else made a thread about this as I was typing this up...

Imgur album for the screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/etFZctZ
    Srsly you think that was interesting to share?

I mean all these bad leaks always say EXACTLY what's being discussed on the forums right now and when things are new they're randomly vague for no reason.
    If Taleasin didn't make the video about class skins then I could bet that none of these leaks would ever contain any info about them lmao

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    On spanish (or I bet on other languages with m/f pronouns) Bwomsamdi refers to his boss as a male. And knowing Blizzard plans the story at least 4 years in advance, I seriously doubt that at the moment they implemented those lines they weren't sure who's his boss. So, I say this part is 99% bullshit.
    Oh yes, I just realised this, gracias por recordármelo.

So, this whole 'leak' sounds even less plausible.