Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "4chan" + "leaked" is always a good laugh.
    Never a semblance of thought on how game design works or ever a link to the original post.

I've only ever seen one person leak information consistently and be consistently correct and they use Reddit if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, it doesn't. Because:
    • It was the first hero class introduced in the game;
    • There was backlash due to it starting one expansion behind;
    • Demon Hunters apparently rectify that error starting at the expansion's minimum level;
    • Makes no sense from a storytelling perspective;
    • Makes no sense from a gameplay perspective;
    • It goes against their current design philosophy of getting players to experience 'current content' as soon as possible.
    What level do Monks start at?

Don’t claim to be able to predict anything Blizzard may do. They’ve surprised me (usually for the worse) quite a few times.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    [*]The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    [*]Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    Thanks, I hate it.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

I am not very good at guessing which leaks are true vs which are false, but it strikes me that nearly every time we have a leak, the leaked info concerns matters like lore and only touches gameplay features in big vague strokes with no details. I would expect some details but we never get them, and I think this happens because leaks are fake, so they have to fake what everyone can fake. This leak is similar, so I think it is a fake one.

7+ Year Old Account
    4chan..? really? Why would a developer risk his career by letting out this type of information. This type of info is only done via official announcements, legit Q&A sessions, etc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another indication this is bullshit. If the Tinkers are a hero class, there is absolute zero reasons to not have them start at the minimum level for the expansion they're introduced in.
    That's under the assumption they are hero classes and not just a normal class, like Monk. Which started at lvl 1 in the expansion they were introduced in.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    We can agree to disagree about the factions being so important, and that’s ok.

All things considered, I just want to play the evil monster faction and want the horde to go more wc2. That’s my full disclosure. Thrall and his band of hippies aren’t evil enough for me.

I want a real faction war with real consequences that last forever in wow. (Capital cities wiped out or swapping hands. A certain vanilla race on each side being wiped out forever and no new characters allowed etc) let’s grow that resentment between the two factions rather than make nice and fight some generic (insert villain)

I still liked your post a lot tho, good points and counterpoints.

Take care
    Let's do that. Always nice to get in insight on a different perspective.

Happy hunting

Quit your bullshit.

Also

Sylvanas kills Thrall.

5+ Year Old Account
    The story bits sound like the shit Blizzard would actually implement. But I hope this is fake and the prestige class stuff sounds rather unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    4chan..? really? Why would a developer risk his career by letting out this type of information. This type of info is only done via official announcements, legit Q&A sessions, etc.
    I'm not saying that this is the case, but in the past developers have used leaks to see and how ideas are liked by the player base and then tinker the ideas to meet the feedback before they do official announcements. Based on the feedback things may be altered or cut entirely and then the final product may have 20% of this.

They have to be careful with official communication because players tend to hold them to anything they say, so not necessarily the best place to communicate 'maybes' or 'I was thinking about.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading through the actual posts in the images, rather than the summary, ill give it 1 shrug outta who cares. Its that season. Could be real, could be fake. Not my cup of coffee

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Sounds horrible enough to be true.

Most of it is probably just guessing based on likely outcomes though.
    I dunno, the lack of any fundamentally implausible or "what the fuck?!" elements makes me skeptical. Never seen a real leak that didn't have one hilariously dumb thing in it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    What a big load of LOL.

Seriously though, if they ever do actually implement some absolute fucking bullshit like "tinker class" I will burn my copy of WoW and never install it again.
    Eith the whole mechagbome shit that is happening tinker isnt far off how horrible it is its likely to happen at this stage.
    And I hate gnomes and tinkers.

If it's true (and i doubt it highly), we'll soon see an opening spot in the dev team lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Or maybe the level squish is actually happening and that's why they're claiming tinkers start at level 50. Maybe the new cap will be 60. We just don't know.
    The leveling squish is likely to happend the next expansion, but I doubt the rest of the leak is real(pls no to Baine and Anduin faction, that should be the definition of cringe in the dictionary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    This "leak" is literally just a summary of every idea this forum or reddit came up with.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever wrote this leak is playing it as safe as possible, only listing popular feature requests and fan theories. Absolutely worthless, anyone else could come up with a much more innovative leak.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Or maybe the level squish is actually happening and that's why they're claiming tinkers start at level 50. Maybe the new cap will be 60. We just don't know.
    The leaks say that the level cap at the pre-expansion patch would be 60 and raised to 70 when the expansion goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    What level do Monks start at?
    Monks are not a hero class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    That's under the assumption they are hero classes and not just a normal class, like Monk. Which started at lvl 1 in the expansion they were introduced in.
    If Tinkers are not starting at level 1, which is what the """"""leak"""""" explicitly says as they're supposed to start at level 50, then yes, they are a hero class.

I mean it's not a bad bundle of theorycrafting at the least.

Monks are not a hero class.
    Three things:

1. Blizzard is on record saying they regret using the phrase “hero class”.
    2. Nobody said Tinker was a hero class, either.
    3. Blizzard gets to define what these things (such as “hero class”) mean, not the players.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."