Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To the warriors. Once you cleared MC, there isn't much else to do other than farming or PvPing so those arms warrior's want that 2handed weapon. Also if there is any unlucky fury warriors with shit weapon, that 2handed is going to be a good upgrade.

But in the end, it doesnt matter because by the third week people will be running alt raids anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    There was, to my knowledge, only 2 specs that were able to pull agro on Patchwerk. You know, the boss that adds threat to the tanks he hits with Hatefull Strikes. That was ignite rolling fire mages and 2handed fury warriors. The math was done thoroughly on the subject back in the days, and in order for a mage to pull agro he needed to maintain around 3400~ dps. This was possible when there was 4-5 geared fire mages all feeding into the same ignite. Melee needed to do less dps before pulling agro, because threat worked differently when standing at range and when being in melee range. If i recall correctly you generated 20 or 25% more threat when standing within melee range of a boss. That means melee would need to maintain 2500-2700 dps in order to pull agro. 2handed fury warriors could do that with a bit of luck on crits and windfury procs.

Why didnt you see more 2handed fury warriors back in the days? Because everyone was threatcapped 24/7 and it didnt matter what you played, so people went with the easiest spec to play. 2handed fury was notoriously difficult to play properly due to timing you improved slams correctly, and the higher latency back then didnt help either. Moreover it was very spikey damage output, especially with windfury and hand of justice trinket, wich often resulted in pulling agro early on in a fight. Dual-wield had way smoother and reliable damage.
    You have posted zero evidence for this in this thread. You dont pull agro with windfury because tanks also get it. Nobody was threat capped in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Hey, so i've been wondering for a while now, there is quite a few 2 hander drops in the game but warriors prefer fury, paladins will generally only be accepted as holy, shamans the same.

Who gets Ashkandi, Might of Menethil, Ashbringer and other pretty cool 2 handers in the game, is your guild going to roll them out for offspecc to members or are you expecting to just DE these pieces or use them as hunter statsticks?
    you can still play 2h fury, i think its roughly the same as DW fury if you have a shaman using windfury totem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Arms wont be allowed to raid though due to debuff slots.
    deep wounds has lower debuff priority and wont overwrite high priority debuffs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Everybody else just had no idea I guess.

I've seen a few people say that you can slam without resetting the swing timer but I've seen no proof of it, have you got any?
    dude 2h fury is completely viable if you have a shaman in your group

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post

You have posted zero evidence for this in this thread. You dont pull agro with windfury because tanks also get it. Nobody was threat capped in vanilla
    only if the tanks had shamans in their grp

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    you can still play 2h fury, i think its roughly the same as DW fury if you have a shaman using windfury totem.

dude 2h fury is completely viable if you have a shaman in your group
    At no point did I say it wasn't viable but it's not as good as DW yet alone the best dps spec by far like Grimreaper is claiming.
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2019-06-19 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    A meme spec would still be preferable to both of those, Off-tanks won't be DPSing 100% of the time (Wasting Nightfall when they're not) and wing clip spam is going to be less DPS than something like a Ret
    Nightfall literally went to 0 ret paladins. They weren't taken at all past MC. Ret was a total garbage spec in Vanilla with the worst dps imaginable. Nightfall went to hunters almost exclusively because uptime was like 10 times higher on them than any other class. Besides Hunter damage dropped off massively but was still required for Tranq shot. Where as paladins were told spec holy or be benched.

This entire topic is dumb. Because most of the time 2handers went to tanks for their lolpvp spec. Outside PvP nobody used two handers, there were very few in a raid and one handers were better in every single case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, so i've been wondering for a while now, there is quite a few 2 hander drops in the game but warriors prefer fury, paladins will generally only be accepted as holy, shamans the same.

Who gets Ashkandi, Might of Menethil, Ashbringer and other pretty cool 2 handers in the game, is your guild going to roll them out for offspecc to members or are you expecting to just DE these pieces or use them as hunter statsticks?
    Warriors generally like two-handers for when the offtank doesn't need to build aggro, and for PvPing (an Arms warrior with Might of Menethil or Corrupted Ashbringer can be a wrecking ball in AV, to say nothing of one armed with Sulfuras). Enhancement shamans also like two-handers, so don't be surprised if a shaman rolls on Might of Menethil or works toward getting a Sulfuras for their PvP spec.

To answer your other question, DPS warriors can get away with a 2h Arms or Fury build until BWL if your raid is seeing a lot of competition for 1h weapon drops between rogues and warriors, but once you're about midway through BWL you really want your DPS warriors regearing and respeccing for DW Fury, if not sooner. I still hold that Enhancement shamans with Nightfall will earn a spot at least in casual guilds with Windfury for the melee group and Nightfall procs for the casters. Ret is going to have an uphill battle in general due to poor design regardless of what helpful weapon procs you bring along, and even then your guild will probably ask you to focus on refreshing buffs.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-06-19 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Nightfall literally went to 0 ret paladins. They weren't taken at all past MC. Ret was a total garbage spec in Vanilla with the worst dps imaginable. Nightfall went to hunters almost exclusively because uptime was like 10 times higher on them than any other class. Besides Hunter damage dropped off massively but was still required for Tranq shot. Where as paladins were told spec holy or be benched.

This entire topic is dumb. Because most of the time 2handers went to tanks for their lolpvp spec. Outside PvP nobody used two handers, there were very few in a raid and one handers were better in every single case.
    As somebody who fucked around as Ret in vanilla, You couldn't be further from the truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    As somebody who fucked around as Ret in vanilla, You couldn't be further from the truth
    As somebody who did more than "fuck around" it's the harsh truth. The entire Ret rotation revolves around auto attacks and added holy damage. Sanct Aura is useless in a raid where nobody does holy damage. Because of their entire rotation being auto attacks they were the least preferred class for Nightfall. As it had the single lowest uptime period out of any class while adding literally nothing.

Ret added nothing to the raid of any real worth, which was why they weren't seen at all past MC (a raid that didn't really need 40 people).

Hunter wingclip was the preferred class for nightfall as they had the highest uptime on the proc while still being a required class for Tranq Shot.

Granted Nightfall wasn't really a thing in raids, it's a thing in Private Server raids. It wasn't a thing in established raids as too few had Nightfall to worry about it being a core raid strat.

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    As somebody who did more than "fuck around" it's the harsh truth. The entire Ret rotation revolves around auto attacks and added holy damage. Sanct Aura is useless in a raid where nobody does holy damage. Because of their entire rotation being auto attacks they were the least preferred class for Nightfall. As it had the single lowest uptime period out of any class while adding literally nothing.

Ret added nothing to the raid of any real worth, which was why they weren't seen at all past MC (a raid that didn't really need 40 people).

Hunter wingclip was the preferred class for nightfall as they had the highest uptime on the proc while still being a required class for Tranq Shot.
    I understand what you are saying about hunters and nightfall up-time, but in reality has any hunter ever been willing to run a full raid just spamming wing clip? Sure its optimal but in my time on private servers i never saw any hunter willing to run it, especially when OT's usually just did it themselves. Ret is pretty useless in raids though agreed, but at least its pretty solid in PVP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoever earned it the most via proper Loot Council.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

What about hunters, bows have stats i think rogues benefit from even if they dont need a bow - am i correct? would it be quite a doucher move for rogue to roll vs hunter? - kind of like a hunter rolling against a rogue for swords, or is that example more tolerated?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    What about hunters, bows have stats i think rogues benefit from even if they dont need a bow - am i correct? would it be quite a doucher move for rogue to roll vs hunter? - kind of like a hunter rolling against a rogue for swords, or is that example more tolerated?
    In raids a rogue will only get it if hunters dont need it, in dungeons apart from.ubers I think rogues and warriors will need on these items just like they did to me in vanilla

If you didn't play during vanilla, certain items had a higher class/spec priority over some classes. Main spec always came first. If the main specs had it..then went to off spec.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    In raids a rogue will only get it if hunters dont need it
    Tell THAT to a Raidleader while the backstabbing sissies cry in every voice channel on full strenght: BUT IT HAS HIT ON IT !

Dkp. Only exception is legendarys done by loot council

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

Unless you are in an elitist guild trying to be world or server first in raids, most classes / specs are fine in raids.

Keep in mind that Vanilla was very, very different than what it is today. Not that many people actually raided...they were happy doing other things. Getting into a raid wasn't *that* hard and, unless you were a complete idiot, most people weren't that spun up about min / maxing.

Hunters gets everything ofc, except plate gear.

There will be so much loot drama in classic, it will be interesting to see how the playerbase will respond to it. Theres a reason why we have the lootsystem we have in retail. Theres been alot of loot drama over the years and the answer to "who should get this item?" is not always something everyone agrees on.

I have personally never bothered making a fuss about loot, but I have my fair share of experience of loot dramas in guilds, groups and raids.

Just look in retail. Even now its personal loot and people dont need to trade anything at all, but yet alot of people start moaning in chat if someone dont want to trade off the gear they got from a personal loot table.

Are people dirtbags for not trading? Should they trade? Should they not? The game has set it on personal loot and therefore its a personal choice? Yes? No?

The outrage will be real in so many caces and all of this will be showcased alot on streamer sites. ALot of lootdrama will ensue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Unless you are in an elitist guild trying to be world or server first in raids, most classes / specs are fine in raids.

Keep in mind that Vanilla was very, very different than what it is today. Not that many people actually raided...they were happy doing other things. Getting into a raid wasn't *that* hard and, unless you were a complete idiot, most people weren't that spun up about min / maxing.
    This time around I think we can expect alot more focus on min/maxing and forcing people to play the correct spec. This goes for those who dont belong to the very top of the game.

Just look at MDI and the m+ scene. The very best find the optimal meta for the runs, suddenly every other class is branded "useless" and random grps tries theyre very best to run said meta.

its going to happen in classic to.

2H Fury warrior!
    Was pretty crazy i remember seeing a few.. Although Fury was aimed for 1h, if you were 2H fury, in good gear, you were scary damage from what i can recall

10+ Year Old Account
    if you were 2H fury, in good gear, you were scary damage from what i can recall
    And a LOT of Aggro. Our 2Hand Fury danced the first 20% to 25% Bosslife. At 50% he used his soulstone

2-handed fury warriors wants to say hi. Highest dps spec in vanilla by far, but lets just forget about that...
    Right? Im trying to figure out why people think Fury is only dual-wield. There was no reason you had to go that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was, to my knowledge, only 2 specs that were able to pull agro on Patchwerk. You know, the boss that adds threat to the tanks he hits with Hatefull Strikes. That was ignite rolling fire mages and 2handed fury warriors. The math was done thoroughly on the subject back in the days, and in order for a mage to pull agro he needed to maintain around 3400~ dps. This was possible when there was 4-5 geared fire mages all feeding into the same ignite. Melee needed to do less dps before pulling agro, because threat worked differently when standing at range and when being in melee range. If i recall correctly you generated 20 or 25% more threat when standing within melee range of a boss. That means melee would need to maintain 2500-2700 dps in order to pull agro. 2handed fury warriors could do that with a bit of luck on crits and windfury procs.

Why didnt you see more 2handed fury warriors back in the days? Because everyone was threatcapped 24/7 and it didnt matter what you played, so people went with the easiest spec to play. 2handed fury was notoriously difficult to play properly due to timing you improved slams correctly, and the higher latency back then didnt help either. Moreover it was very spikey damage output, especially with windfury and hand of justice trinket, wich often resulted in pulling agro early on in a fight. Dual-wield had way smoother and reliable damage.
    It's fucking hilarious that you think these are Vanilla DPS numbers. Your credibility isn't just out the window, it has hit the ground and splattered into puddle of crimson mush.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Right? Im trying to figure out why people think Fury is only dual-wield. There was no reason you had to go that way.
    2H Fury was only even good at all on Horde side and it still didn't out-compete 1H Fury outside of amazing RNG.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.