Thread: World Bosses

World Bosses

Ok so while i was doing a world boss in GW2 it made me thinking why such old content is still played so much and WoW's world bosses are the way they are?
    Why each new expansion makes the old bosses absolute and unusable?Will it be hard to make Open world bosses scalable?I like the idea about TW and it's exacution.Well it can be done better but in the end it is good.Why Blizzard don't do the same for World bosses?Just imagine how many of them are there out there through all the expansions.
    So lets say it is a BC TW week.With it comes BC world bosses with scaling and rewards attached to them.I won't mind old content to be given as extra content for doing.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeeah.. that's gonna make a lot of mount farmers lives absolute bs during MoP and WoD TW. Unless there's still a way to solo them if you want to.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there a vanilla dragons event some months ago? I think most people grew out of it veeeery fast.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Wasn't there a vanilla dragons event some months ago? I think most people grew out of it veeeery fast.
    yeah especially the absolute clusterfuck dragon with those fucking mushrooms

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    Yeeah.. that's gonna make a lot of mount farmers lives absolute bs during MoP and WoD TW. Unless there's still a way to solo them if you want to.
    I never thought about mount farming.What i find problematic is how blizzard creates all those gorgeous open world zones and then just leave them to rot without using them for anything anymore.They already have the needed tech(scaling) to make them useful again and they are not doing anything.TW events for open world is a good start.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Scaling of old bosses, doesn't matter which kind (world, instanced) would completely mess up old content farming, which is one of the major entertainments in the current game. Many people literally just do old content after being quickly done with the new stuff up to a satisfactory level, if that.

Timewalking being further extended in some form is not a bad idea though, and I would be all up for it, but that way they are introducing more content that competes with the current one as far as rewards so it also has to be kind of limited. We just got some WoD TW a month ago. Too bad we didn't have any raid with it, but otherwise new tw content is coming in.

What i find problematic is how blizzard creates all those gorgeous open world zones and then just leave them to rot without using them for anything anymore.
    You're more than welcome to run around in them all you want. Game developers think forward progression, not backward nostalgia. The old zones did what they were intended to do. Which is not be relevant forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    I never thought about mount farming.What i find problematic is how blizzard creates all those gorgeous open world zones and then just leave them to rot without using them for anything anymore.They already have the needed tech(scaling) to make them useful again and they are not doing anything.TW events for open world is a good start.
    I mean, by all means. I'd just not be happy to lose potentially on like 36 attempts per WB for a week. (Rukhmar less as it can't be bonus rolled, of course, but doesn't make it any less annoying)

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    I mean, by all means. I'd just not be happy to lose potentially on like 36 attempts per WB for a week. (Rukhmar less as it can't be bonus rolled, of course, but doesn't make it any less annoying)
    To be fair, if they made old world bosses into a World Quest with the auto-invite group finder option, it actually might make them quicker to farm on multiple alts, since you'd just shard-hop instead of having to wait the 20 minutes or whatever Angry Sha's respawn timer is. BfA WBs are usually a five minute affair at most. Only question would be whether the bonus roll coins from, for example, MoP would work or if you'd have to use a BfA coin. I would guess the latter if current gear is dropping.

edit: also, if they are to expand on the Timewalking system more I think it would need to be on a tighter rotation schedule. Take them out of the normal weekly bonus activity schedule and have them rotate just between themselves. It sucks enough having to wait a month or three for a specific TW to come back around already if you need to buy a reward from it. If they turned it into more active content that'd just be too much sitting on your hands for it to be available.
    Last edited by Briselody; 2019-06-19 at 07:55 PM.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

That was during the Anniversary Event.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I do wish that world bosses were persistent and didn't disappear after a certain amount of time. Let people just farm the bosses if they want to.

You mean those poorly designed clusterfucks? Yeah, that's what the original poster is totally clamoring for. Nailed it in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    edit: also, if they are to expand on the Timewalking system more I think it would need to be on a tighter rotation schedule. Take them out of the normal weekly bonus activity schedule and have them rotate just between themselves. It sucks enough having to wait a month or three for a specific TW to come back around already if you need to buy a reward from it. If they turned it into more active content that'd just be too much sitting on your hands for it to be available.
    I enjoy doing TW a lot.Would be nice if Blizzard capitalize on it more.
    WoW has so many expansions.Blizzard can expand the TW to all that content.Why are they stopping at 1 raid and only 5 dungeons?People non stop whine there is nothing to do at end game.Well expanding TW is one way to increase the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    You're more than welcome to run around in them all you want. Game developers think forward progression, not backward nostalgia. The old zones did what they were intended to do. Which is not be relevant forever.
    With a lot of the MMOs adopting the level scaling your view is so out dated.Why put resources into something to just leave it there unusable?More and more developers are seeing the value in not making the old world absolute.Why not keep using it?

With TW Blizzard copied one of the best features GW2 introduced in 2012.Why shouldn't Blizzard expand on it?TW is such a huge success.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2019-06-20 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Scaling of old bosses, doesn't matter which kind (world, instanced) would completely mess up old content farming, which is one of the major entertainments in the current game. Many people literally just do old content after being quickly done with the new stuff up to a satisfactory level, if that.
    There's maybe 2-3 million active players today compared to something like 12 million years ago. At this point, they should go after the 10 million players that quit wow, not try to keep the few players that remain. So arguing that it messes up old content farming because it makes some of the players that currently play happy is simply discarded as an argument. I'm not interested in protecting the current wow playerbase.

The LAST thing this game needs is a coward dev that wants to try to protect the last scraps that remain instead of going out and getting the other players. Just reading your comment gives me the urge to nuke old content farming. Its the absolute wrong thing to protect.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where you get those numbers?