Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The damage has been done, there is no way blizzard can revert back to RPG systems like mana without alienating the Massively Sharded Online (MSO) Third Person MOBA fanbase it has created in modern day WoW.

The best bet would be for bliz to continue down the same path of homogenisation every new expansion until each class has only a health bar and 4 instant damage abilities left, making the game and it's ability rotation playable on a guitar hero controller and finally turning it into the true basic b**** rhythm action game that Activision wants it to be.

Pressing said rotational abilities will also net +0.00000001AP per press, with a 2x multiplier if you nail pressing the abilities as they flash up on screen rather than simply rolling your face across the neck of the guitar. And as an added bonus, for anyone who actually reaches 1AP they will unlock 2 additional main backpack slots!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats not an opinion, thats just an objective truth.
    Every flat earther says flat earth is objective truth. I don't really care what you think are facts. You think managing mana provide zero depth, while reacting on proc needs some super planning. Yeaa, I think your facts are worth nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    "Do you want waste time with stupid?"

No..
    Why am I not surprise you can't back up your claim with evidence. As usual, you think your opinion is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Why am I not surprise you can't back up your claim with evidence. As usual, you think your opinion is a fact.
    If you need evidence of that, it means you would never get it anyway. As almost everything.

Every flat earther says flat earth is objective truth. I don't really care what you think are facts. You think managing mana provide zero depth, while reacting on proc needs some super planning. Yeaa, I think your facts are worth nothing.
    I would explain to you how you're wrong but I have a feeling you're just trying to bait and get people annoyed and you're not really intrested in a discussion or actual fact. That and you obviously have no idea how the game was or how you're supposed to play now. So welcome to the holy ignore list.

I would explain to you how you're wrong but I have a feeling you're just trying to bait and get people annoyed and you're not really intrested in a discussion or actual fact. That and you obviously have no idea how the game was or how you're supposed to play now. So welcome to the holy ignore list.
    Good for you.

If you need evidence of that, it means you would never get it anyway. As almost everything.
    Evidence of what? That you are usually using your opinion as fact? Just need to check your posts history for that.

Evidence of what? That you are usually using your opinion as fact? Just need to check your posts history for that.
    Evidence that mana management is not without depth. I don't need to check your post history to know you are clueless.

Either you have enough mana or you do not. That is why it was removed.

Because that means you could not outskilled the fight. Most fight were just gearcheck.

But as a Classic lover, I am not surprised you think there is depth in that. For you, classic fights require so much more skill than those now. lul.

It's another Pandora's Box. I both think mana should matter and know that we can never go back to those days.

Resource management should absolutely be a part of MMORPG combat but it's hard to tell players "Hey, see all this freedom you have? We're going back to making you wait between mobs and manage your resources!" it's just not a sensible move after too long without dealing with it. Trying to go back would be suicide, WoW is such a button-mashy APM game at this point that anything that might tell players that they can't machine gun press their next GCD is going to be horribly received.

Because that means you could not outskilled the fight. Most fight were just gearcheck.
    Still pretending that PvE fights are about skill these days? if you wont move outside your pve bubble, you hardly understand.

But hey, mythic raiding is hard.. "You either stay in fire or you don't"

Obv, but what is hard is: do not stand in the fire while doing perfectly your rotation (heal/dps/whatever) and at the same doing the 2/3/4 others mecanics of the boss that will one shot you if you do not.

But someone like you that think that Vanilla is hard can not understand. Did you raid on recent xpac and do you have parse to share with us or not?

It only really makes sense as a resource for healers. If certain specs can make use of it as a mechanic then great, otherwise it's one of those romanticized things that wasnt really all that interesting.

No and thankfully it will never happen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing mana increased the complexity of almost every spec it happened to, so I think your premise is flawed. There's also nothing fun or interesting about running out of mana - I wish they would remove it for healers as well. It's the worst mini-game ever invented.

Mana management was an entire aspect of gameplay that was actually fun and allowed you to tailor your gear either for sustainability or output.
    The whole FSD was the cornerstone of spirit-based healers, and these two aspects were the entire reason I played a healer in TBC. WotLK made me all but abandon my priest. Mana today is just a pointless bit of colour under your name, actually having to manage your mana was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I would not mind going back to the Wrath/TBC age of mana, but Classic mana thing was really bad in my opinion.
    It's weird you put together TBC and WotLK while singling out Vanilla, when TBC was MUCH closer to Vanilla and mana was a non-factor in WotLK (mainly due to the hideous Replenishment shit).

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Mana should pretty much only ever matter to Healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried choosing Talents that give you an extra button to press instead of just choosing all the passive ones?
    What I try is being top 3 in my raids or top 2 in M+.

With your snarky comment you are saying that classes aren't dull as I mentioned?

- - - Updated - - -

No they should not. It's not really a very fun resource system. There is a reason why rogues and warriors kept theres and mana was removed. It workes for arcane mages but they have a very unique way of getting it back and we can't have all classes being just like arcane.

There are a few classes that need remakes but their resource systems are not to blame for them being a little boring to play.

- - - Updated - - -

This makes no sense what so ever.
    With which part are you having difficulty? Perhaps I can help you.

Now that Classic is a thing, I don't see why there's any point to going back to mana. If that's the style you prefer there's an option for you now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really does feel weird to have a resource bar that does nothing because it's impossible to run out of it. I would rather they make it matter again in some way than to remove it entirely, but I must admit I don't really miss ooming while dpsing.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

It adds frustration, not fun.

You're supposed to win by skill, not by making your enemy unable to continue. Unless we are talking about healers of course.