Page 1 of 2
LastLast

M+ rewards between seasons?

So with launch of 8.2 tommorrow, what ilvl rewards will we see drop out of +10 keys and what will the cache be on tuesday when it resets? All Ive seen is 420ilvl for completing 10s on launch of raid and 430 cache but would I was curious if it was this way between the raid launch as well.

IIRC, season 3 does not start until the day the new raid opens for Heroic so no change at all until then. As of that day, the end of run chest will be 420 and the weekly cache will be 430. The next week, when Mythic raid opens, the ilvls bump up to 430/440.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    IIRC, season 3 does not start until the day the new raid opens for Heroic so no change at all until then. As of that day, the end of run chest will be 420 and the weekly cache will be 430. The next week, when Mythic raid opens, the ilvls bump up to 430/440.
    This data is off on a few numbers.

Week 1 of season 3 your cache will be 410 base still, as it's from what you did in the last week of the offseason.

Week 1 end of dungeon loot will be capped at normal raid ilvl which in this case will be 415 base.

Week 2 if you did a +10 or higher on week 1 will give you a 440 base in your cache and end of dungeon loot will cap at 430 base.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This data is off on a few numbers.

Week 1 of season 3 your cache will be 410 base still, as it's from what you did in the last week of the offseason.
    That does not conflict with what I was implying but I can see how I was not clear. I should have been more clear to say that the cache that goes with the new week, not the one that day which is from the previous week. So yeah, the cache you open the day season 3 starts is the last season 2 cache at 410 ilvl.

Week 1 end of dungeon loot will be capped at normal raid ilvl which in this case will be 415 base.
    Haven't seen that anywhere and I don't think it's right. On the PTR and everything I've seen it's been 420 for end of run and 430 for the following weekly cache.

Week 2 if you did a +10 or higher on week 1 will give you a 440 base in your cache and end of dungeon loot will cap at 430 base.
    On that I think we are all in agreement.

Haven't seen that anywhere and I don't think it's right. On the PTR and everything I've seen it's been 420 for end of run and 430 for the following weekly cache.
    So you're basing it off that weeks old post then?

Week 1 loot is literally always capped at normal ilvl and has been since M+ existed, and even when the loot was bugged at 420 on the PTR the chest still showed a 440 reward for completing a 10 so... not even sure when you got the 430 idea from.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymacaroni View Post
    So with launch of 8.2 tommorrow, what ilvl rewards will we see drop out of +10 keys and what will the cache be on tuesday when it resets? All Ive seen is 420ilvl for completing 10s on launch of raid and 430 cache but would I was curious if it was this way between the raid launch as well.
    During off season,

as per blue post, the rewards will be what was obtained in Season 2.

until the Raid Launches 9th July, and season 3 starts,

so your chest reward for the week of 9th July - 16th July, will give the 430 base, that can TF to 440,

all Chest rewards before then go off the Season 2, cap of 410.

Saving your Cache for the Start of Season 3 opening, will net you nothing, as the reward will be given out as a season 2 reward.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    so your chest reward for the week of 9th July - 16th July, will give the 430 base, that can TF to 440
    The first week of the season is always lower to prevent ppl spam running keys before the mythic raid opens. Based on PTR they are doing the same again: 420/430 for week 1 and then 430/440 for subsequent weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're basing it off that weeks old post then?

Week 1 loot is literally always capped at normal ilvl and has been since M+ existed, and even when the loot was bugged at 420 on the PTR the chest still showed a 440 reward for completing a 10 so... not even sure when you got the 430 idea from.
    So you're assuming the PTR was bugged. Ok. And I don't think you're right about what's happened in the past. We'll see.

edit: You very well may be right. I don't remember the rewards being that low in the past but my memory is terrible.
    Last edited by Trend; 2019-06-25 at 01:45 AM. Reason: did some digging

The first week of the season is always lower to prevent ppl spam running keys before the mythic raid opens. Based on PTR they are doing the same again: 420/430 for week 1 and then 430/440 for subsequent weeks.
    hence why i gave dates, as season 3 doesnt start until the 9th.... aka Normal/Heroic, and with heroic dropping 430 gear, it only make sense that it would be 430 base, with 440 cap, as Mythic is 445,

when season 2 came out, it was with the Raid. so there was no issues with caps/tf/wd etc...

but until it actually hits live, and is in the masses hands, things can change, as is the case with a shitload of Hotfixes that just hit ptr a few hours ago

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

And I don't think you're right about what's happened in the past. We'll see.
    Oh I am right, there is nothing to see. Again, you're basing your whole thing off of 1 post from weeks ago that is in no way shape or form like what will happen on live nor was it like that for the last few weeks on PTR even.

If you don't think I'm right go ahead and show me where week 1 of season loot was ever NOT capped at normal raid ilvl.(spoiler: didn't happen).

Oh I am right, there is nothing to see. Again, you're basing your whole thing off of 1 post from weeks ago that is in no way shape or form like what will happen on live nor was it like that for the last few weeks on PTR even.

If you don't think I'm right go ahead and show me where week 1 of season loot was ever NOT capped at normal raid ilvl.(spoiler: didn't happen).
    No need to get all worked up. I was basing my "whole thing" off my faulty memory so you can stop pretending it is based off a thread that it doesn't have anything to do with. I already said I did more digging and you could be (probably are) entirely right. S2 was capped at 385 for end of run which is consistent with what you are saying - I am surprised I didn't remember that, but I was thinking it had been 5 ilvl higher to make it at least a little more worthwhile.

hence why i gave dates, as season 3 doesnt start until the 9th.... aka Normal/Heroic, and with heroic dropping 430 gear, it only make sense that it would be 430 base, with 440 cap, as Mythic is 445,

when season 2 came out, it was with the Raid. so there was no issues with caps/tf/wd etc...

but until it actually hits live, and is in the masses hands, things can change, as is the case with a shitload of Hotfixes that just hit ptr a few hours ago
    You are still not correct.

July 9: when season 3 starts, the end-of-run base reward will most likely be capped at +6 (instead of +10) for an equivalent base ilvl as new Normal raid: 415. They always have lower max rewards for the first week of the season before the Mythic raid opens.

What you keep describing (430 end-of-run / 440 cache) does not happen until the start of the second week of season 3 ... runs beginning 7/16 with the weekly cache opened on 7/23.

You are still not correct.

July 9: when season 3 starts, the end-of-run base reward will most likely be capped at +6 (instead of +10) for an equivalent base ilvl as new Normal raid: 415. They always have lower max rewards for the first week of the season before the Mythic raid opens.

What you keep describing (430 end-of-run / 440 cache) does not happen until the start of the second week of season 3 ... runs beginning 7/16 with the weekly cache opened on 7/23.
    if the raid releases on the 9/7/19, aka July 9th, the end of week 16 chest will give you the 440 if you did a 10.

doing a chest this week, and opening it on the 9th will still give you season 2 rewards.

what im saynig is at current the season 2 reward can WF/TF to 430 at current and has for a few guildies, due to the current WF/TF cap being 430, as bethnic gear can go to 430 and a few of my guildies are already 420ish ilvl, i think 1 person in the guild has a 429 punchcard, and 2 other 430 items.

what im saynig is at current the season 2 reward can WF/TF to 430 at current and has for a few guildies, due to the current WF/TF cap being 430, as bethnic gear can go to 430 and a few of my guildies are already 420ish ilvl, i think 1 person in the guild has a 429 punchcard, and 2 other 430 items.
    Armory link to all these people that have 430 loot? Pretty sure ilvl cap is still 425, and benthic gear is capped at 425. Not sure where you're getting this "you can currently get 430 gear from". I'm free to be proven wrong, but I feel like this entire post is wrong.

Armory link to all these people that have 430 loot? Pretty sure ilvl cap is still 425, and benthic gear is capped at 425. Not sure where you're getting this "you can currently get 430 gear from". I'm free to be proven wrong, but I feel like this entire post is wrong.
    when i get home will hunt them down,

at current im 100% sure they were linking there socketed gemmed 430 bethnic gear,

in the PTR it was 430 as well?

did they nerf it before raid?

No

The only item higher than 425 is the azerite neck. The ivl cap is 425 still.

when i get home will hunt them down,

at current im 100% sure they were linking there socketed gemmed 430 bethnic gear,

in the PTR it was 430 as well?

did they nerf it before raid?
    There is no such thing as 430 bethnic gear on live, for that matter there has been no such thing on the PTR for over a month before the patch even hit. The ilvl cap is still 425, no one in your guild has any 430 gear.

Are the keys going to work the same way as the last time - 16 for this week to get 10 next reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Are the keys going to work the same way as the last time - 16 for this week to get 10 next reset?
    Probably no. This time blizzard will not increase the difficulty of dungeons - they change only scaling from 8% per key level to 10% per key level. Scaling change is already live.

Does anyone have an idea of how much titN residium a +10 weekly chest will contain in s3?

And how much will random 445 azerite geartoken cost in s3?

Quote Originally Posted by Caus View Post
    And how much will random 445 azerite geartoken cost in s3?
    Saw some screenshot with 17k.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Previous time you had to complete 14 to get 10 after the reset. Everyone got keys 3 levels lower than they would normally get.