Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    All you needed at most was the badge gear prior to Sunwell's release. .
    Which was equivalent to T6 gear. Which is NOT what you're scaled to in TW for TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Which was equivalent to T6 gear. Which is NOT what you're scaled to in TW for TBC.
    No. As I mentioned earlier the badge gear was equivalent to SSC/TK not BT/SSC which was about 30-40 ilvls higher. Regardless of what you scale to in TW it is very much possible to still do it. Many others have done it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't MH/BT gear as it was definitely SSC/TK levels. At the time it was iLvL 110-128 gear and Mount Hyjal / Black Temple was dropping 141 gear.

Black Temple Loot
    Badge Vendor
    Mount Hyjal Loot

In timewalking that doesn't mean anything exactly as it's ilvl scaling was always odd.
    That badge gear is from 2.3. Not 2.4 when Sunwell was out... which was close to T6 gear. Hell, a lot of people who'd cleared T6 hated the badge gear *because* it was so close to what they'd spent months getting.

- - - Updated - - -

No. As I mentioned earlier the badge gear was equivalent to SSC/TK not BT/SSC which was about 30-40 ilvls higher. Regardless of what you scale to in TW it is very much possible to still do it. Many others have done it.
    And as I mentioned, you linked the wrong badge gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don `t know... i did 100+ timed 10+ keys - and healing bc timewalking with random people is sometimes harder than healing a 10. key.
    Arcatraz mobs hit really hard, 6sec healer silence in mana tombs etc ... and of course tanks who dont know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That badge gear is from 2.3. Not 2.4 when Sunwell was out... which was close to T6 gear. Hell, a lot of people who'd cleared T6 hated the badge gear *because* it was so close to what they'd spent months getting.

And as I mentioned, you linked the wrong badge gear.
    I didn't link the wrong badge gear. I am going by what you initially had going in there. The vendor for the BT/MH equivalent items wasn't unlocked probably a month in so most players only had access to the Patch 2.3 badge vendor gear. Sure once the Isle of Quel'danas vendor unlocked it became easier with that badge gear, but most people only had a few pieces when it opened up as not many were stockpiling badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Of all dungeons you pick magister terrace, the easiest one. haha
    IS the scaling on this one still way under tuned? Last time I remember doing this im time walking the mobs seemed 1000 times easier than the other timewalkings

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    IS the scaling on this one still way under tuned? Last time I remember doing this im time walking the mobs seemed 1000 times easier than the other timewalkings
    The mobs are okay, the only problem of this dungeon is the potential for body pulling multiple packs in multiple parts of the dungeon. If none of that happens, it's the fastest tbc tw dung

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't link the wrong badge gear. I am going by what you initially had going in there. The vendor for the BT/MH equivalent items wasn't unlocked probably a month in so most players only had access to the Patch 2.3 badge vendor gear. Sure once the Isle of Quel'danas vendor unlocked it became easier with that badge gear, but most people only had a few pieces when it opened up as not many were stockpiling badges.
    We also had access to full sets of gear from Zulaman which were not anywhere near "30-40" ilvls below the IQD vendor.

Again, nobody is mass pulling those packs and surviving without some form of CC. They CC your group with fears, silences, stuns, mana burns, and sheeps.

Running as tank, healer, and dps over multiple TW dungeons, there’s only been 3 areas that scare me, and 1 that makes me laugh. The bad=MgT 2nd to last boss pull where boss adds don’t aggro and people don’t realize that. Shattered Halls if someone gets feared into a 2nd big group. The ghouls in End Time that eat the abomination and heal to full while getting a big damage buff if not stunned.
    The funny aspect is 1st boss in Mana Tombs, Pandamonious, that puts damage reflect up and I watch the 3 dps die.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    We also had access to full sets of gear from Zulaman which were not anywhere near "30-40" ilvls below the IQD vendor.
    Loot ranged from 128 to 138 mostly 132.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%...oot_(original)

That's also implying a lot of guilds had gear from there. I'm not referring to just guilds who ran things. I'm referring to players of all kind. I know my group of people I was running with then was only using badge gear as we were only farming Karazhan at the time and whatever badge gear available.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Again, nobody is mass pulling those packs and surviving without some form of CC. They CC your group with fears, silences, stuns, mana burns, and sheeps.
    Using CC makes it easier, sure, but you can still do the pull without needing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    These dungeons should not be in TW, and after many TW months they should have gathered enough data to notice how shit they are in this event:
    TBC: Arcatraz, WOTLK: Pit of Saron, MOP: The one with tower defense, WOD: Spire something (the one with fire birdie)

CATA: Grim Batol especially (but all should be rebalanced).
    In all of those dungeons you need exactly 1 person who knows what's going on to tell the others and it will be no problem. That person is you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    The only problem really are casters ninjapulled and not tanked spamming fireballs at your healer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You realize in TBC we were pulling 2-3 packs in there all the time? Why would now be any different? TBC heroics weren't hard then and they aren't hard now. If you are struggling that much then you might want to look into what you can do to make it smoother because it sounds like you might be part of the problem.
    I kinda doubt you were doing that while the entire group was undergeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    TW dungeons are weirdly scaled ...

5+ Year Old Account
    Some tanks are just used to pulling everything or are so spoiled by severe overhealing they don't use any of their CDs/abilities and just run into mobs and instantly die. I've seen this happen a few times in TW and it's always an amusing humbling experience.

Some healers just don't realize how much damage mobs will do and underestimate the healing they need to put in.

This is why I always do TW as a dps first to see how well they're scaled, then do them on my healers. If I get a undergeared zergy tank, I let them learn. That way I'm prepared and the tanks quickly understand they need to be more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Sounds like l2p issue to me, I never have problems masspuliin tw.
    Can you show me how you mass pull all the trash before the second boss in Arcatraz in a pug group? Would help me a lot <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    In all of those dungeons you need exactly 1 person who knows what's going on to tell the others and it will be no problem. That person is you.
    Yes, because people love to listen and follow the most simple tactics

- - - Updated - - -

Loot ranged from 128 to 138 mostly 132.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Zul%...oot_(original)

That's also implying a lot of guilds had gear from there. I'm not referring to just guilds who ran things. I'm referring to players of all kind. I know my group of people I was running with then was only using badge gear as we were only farming Karazhan at the time and whatever badge gear available.

Using CC makes it easier, sure, but you can still do the pull without needing them.
    Video of all your mass pulls when? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Video of all your mass pulls when? <3
    The first of never because I don't care enough to record videos of me doing timewalking and/or just to make someone else feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Can you show me how you mass pull all the trash before the second boss in Arcatraz in a pug group? Would help me a lot <3
    Save cooldowns for that room? Every one knows that when the tank pulls one all your melee will run in aggro'ing more of the sisters. It isn't really hard to anticipate this beforehand and save CD's to rotate through.

It wasn't MH/BT gear as it was definitely SSC/TK levels. At the time it was iLvL 110-128 gear and Mount Hyjal / Black Temple was dropping 141 gear.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Smith_Hauthaa

It was 141.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Then you clearly didn't read the thread. I already stated which vendor and Isle of Quel'danas badge vendor wasn't it. It wasn't available for a month or so after Magister's Terrace came out.

In timewalking that doesn't mean anything exactly as it's ilvl scaling was always odd.
    It totally means something. The mobs in blue dragonshrine in the End Time dungeon were unkillable if you didn't have an offensive dispel during one event because players were accidentally 50 ilvls too low. It was virtually impossible to break the priest mob's pw:s before it came off cooldown.

You are saying those dungeons were easy when you outgeared them back in BC. What the other guy is saying is that you DON'T outgear them in timewalking. You're actually scaled a bit on the low side.