Step 1: Build a TW set for a Blood DK
    Step 2: Bring said Blood DK to Magisters Terrace
    Step 3: Pool RP
    Step 4: Run in, mass grip the 3 packs
    Step 5: Bonestorm
    Step 6: ???
    Step 7: Profit
    haha :P

I did one run on MT during the recent timewalking. That room we had a ninja pull. We only got two groups but with bonestorm and a few CD (plus trinket with the aoe use effect on it that I had equipped) the mobs got nuked down fast. I think a 3 pull is possible, most likely easier to do a LOS pull and use mass grip to re-position once they are near enough.

I am a world rank 70 player with a 2.3k io, and I can tell you that the scaling is dog shit in TBC TW.
    Today I have leveled my tank dk alt in alcatraz and was hit for 40% of my HP.... my "active mitigation" DS healed me for 25%~ hp and cost 40 RP.
    (my dk is full antorus bis geared + legos and trinkets) and now have a bad healer/dps and shit gets real,
    i even Teleported out and skilled Runetap for exrta mitigation to not just die in 3 swings form a rnd demon.
    So... this is not a l2p problem but scaling.

People have been conditioned to not care about mechanics and just zerg rush everything, what do you expect? LFG being LFG it's easier to just try to brute force everything and then point fingers if it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Ok, go record pulling 3 packs in magister's terrace that are between the second and third boss in the gardens there. I'd like to see you survive 3 packs of those.
    Haha, that accually happened for me, think we got a whole room (3 packs?) or something. That was messy but we managed to survive and kill them. As a tank you have to respect the group. Test the group first and then adjust your pulling speed to that of which the group can do.

I normaly do m+ 15 or higher. Decided to drop down to a 10 just for fun, got a into a random pug with ilvl 380-400 maybe. Pulled like I usually do when doing a fast run. This was Underrot. The group failed on so many things, interrupts, abilities, extra pulls, panicing etc. I as a 415 pally tank was fine but the group died to random damage etc. They blamed me for pulling in a dumb way and I agree. I should've tested the group and not assumed they would be knowledgable about the instance first. (did manage in time though)

We're so many people playing this game and we're bound to play with people of different skill levels. Nothing wrong with that but sometimes one has to accommodate others shortcomings.

Just use the chat and say that you can't heal and would be greatful if the tank could slow down a bit. Lot of players don't dare to tell others about their shortcomings but many people respect when others tell.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Can't help but notice nobody has posted a video of pulling those 3 packs despite saying it's so easy. How come?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody in random groups have a TW set. Much less people that are using TW to level, like I'm doing with my monk.
    Cuz you have not even tried looking for such a vid. Why record something that has alrdy been recorded?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqBDTBpEoc

And they pull far more than you have requested, so dont say it is not possible. And dont say it is only cuz they tryhard. True they are, but they also pull Waaay more than you request and they have pulled none stop before without breaks etc. So you not being able to handel it is not the grps fault. Mostly likely it is all of yours fault

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty geared tank outside of scaling, have things like Shadowmourne and the legendary cape from Mists and even then I still get smacked to everliving Hell by one trash pull. The mobs are just badly overtuned to the point they hit like trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDalle View Post
    Cuz you have not even tried looking for such a vid. Why record something that has alrdy been recorded?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqBDTBpEoc

And they pull far more than you have requested, so dont say it is not possible. And dont say it is only cuz they tryhard. True they are, but they also pull Waaay more than you request and they have pulled none stop before without breaks etc. So you not being able to handel it is not the grps fault. Mostly likely it is all of yours fault
    That was before they squished for even Legion. There's been 2 stats squishes and rescaling since then.
    Last edited by Phon; 2019-06-24 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't care much how geared you are, particularly as a tank.

I've done them 3 times as healer and if you go in mass pulling and expect to survive, oblivious to the fact that some trash packs/mobs hit like trucks due to scaling, then bugger off.

I'd go even further and say that there may an additional layer of danger because some trash packs are considerably "smarter" than any we have today. Debuffs, CCs, interrupts are rampant within some dungeons.
    Fears, sheeps, silences, charges, interrupts. We're only lucky because some of the damaging debuffs don't actually do any significant damage.

That was before they squished for even Legion. There's been 2 stats squishes and rescaling since then.
    And since then you have gotten Legendaries and Azerite which makes it even easier. There are not excuse. You can still do exactly the same. You know why nobody is making those kinds of vids anymore? Cuz it has become sooo easy.
    You can complain all you want, but any decent player or better will say "Get Gut", cuz that is the only problem we can see.

And since then you have gotten Legendaries and Azerite which makes it even easier. There are not excuse. You can still do exactly the same. You know why nobody is making those kinds of vids anymore? Cuz it has become sooo easy.
    You can complain all you want, but any decent player or better will say "Get Gut", cuz that is the only problem we can see.
    Oh yeah, all those legendaries and azerite gear you have while lvling a new char. Right, those. Tell me again, which version of WoW do you play? It definitely isn't the same as the one I'm playing.

Oh yeah, all those legendaries and azerite gear you have while lvling a new char. Right, those. Tell me again, which version of WoW do you play? It definitely isn't the same as the one I'm playing.
    Are you legit telling me, you are whining over not being able to handel TW cuz you are not max leveled. First of all I am wondering why you are evening doing TW while leveling, but that is up to you. If you are not max level, then it is not the other ppl fault. They are most likely maxed, meaning they play like everybody is, cuz no1 expect to see low lvls in TW. I have not played a toon under last xpack max lvl since WoD, so dont have any experience there. So yea I do have leggoes and azerite while leveling. And in many cases also tier.
    So basically you are whining over not being geared and having the talents for doing TW effecient. Nobody can help you with that.

Are you legit telling me, you are whining over not being able to handel TW cuz you are not max leveled. First of all I am wondering why you are evening doing TW while leveling, but that is up to you. If you are not max level, then it is not the other ppl fault. They are most likely maxed, meaning they play like everybody is, cuz no1 expect to see low lvls in TW. I have not played a toon under last xpack max lvl since WoD, so dont have any experience there. So yea I do have leggoes and azerite while leveling. And in many cases also tier.
    So basically you are whining over not being geared and having the talents for doing TW effecient. Nobody can help you with that.
    Have you completely missed how much exp you get for doing timewalking when lvling? You get like a level per dungeon. Pretty much everyone you run into are low levels due to how much exp it gives.

Why would I even do it on my max level characters? All are 400+, there's no point to doing it on them. I can't get any upgrades from there on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The only problem really are casters ninjapulled and not tanked spamming fireballs at your healer.
    The issue there is the healer many times, many of them are not smart enough to LOS the casters so that they run close enough to the tank to either get in his cleave/aggro radius. This is not just a healer issue but a caster issue in general. I know when I am on my healer i will purposely try and get aggro on casters out of range of my tank for the soul purpose of reigning them in to him, most of us healers have enough def utility to survive if that goes south.

I think BC is a little different from others as it was pre group finder so you had to all kind of have an idea what you were doing and think about mechanics. I don't think any are particularly hard enough to be an issue. Some, like Black Morass, are just super boring.

I also feel they should adjust the rewards a little. The 500 free each time is fun, but it you actually want to grind out the badges it's a huge pain.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can people be so bad at playing old content? I tried to heal first but the tanks I got were atrocious, they pulled like as if it was normal dungeons while lvling and we kept wiping because of it. So, I decided to tank. I pull like you did in TBC to avoid those mass pull wipes. What happens then? Oh, I get a healer that can't heal. Leaves me with no healing for a long time, as a brewmaster monk. Then tries to catch up when I'm on low hp and I inevitably die. So, I go back to healing. Get tanks mass pulling again.

How the fuck do people think those dungeons work? That you can just mass pull when you can't outgear it? Why do they think they can just leave the tank with no healing over an extended period of time? Not all tanks are paladins or blood DKs.
    I had a particularly poor Slave Pens run the other night. I was tanking but the problem was the asshole dpsers. The was a frost mage who insisted on trying to pull things (often mobs that could have even been skipped) as well as a monk who had a tendency to run off ahead of me (the sloooow death knight). Anyhow at some point I ask, politely enough, to "please let me do the pulling".

The douchemage responds "then hurry up. You're so fucking slow". The healer of course sided with me and immediately commented that he won't heal them if they keep doing it. He flat out stated that the dungeon is hard enough to heal without those two geniuses trying to hurry it up.

Long story short, after the second last boss I say "waiting for healer mana". What does the monk do? He cc's a mob and charges into a pack. And then dies about 3 seconds later. I thought it was hilarious. Then, the asshole monk initiates a kick for the healer. Reason: "healer won't heal". I mean, seriously, as if that's the problem.... and the fucking idiots, all three of them, voted yes.

So we have to wait for another healer (only took about 2 mins). But wait, it gets better. We get to last boss (Quagmirran) and I pull a trash pack. While dpsing it, the magetard body pulls a patrol. I see it happening so I grab the mobs, but it's just too much, even with all my CDs the healer can't keep me up, so I die, so does the healer. The healer releases - which is like a 5 minute run, and the idiot Shaman, instead of ressing me just wanders too near the boss, so we all have to run.

Anyhow, got the instance done. It should have been fun, but honestly, some people are just dicks. At this point I seriously don't feel like tanking those instances with pugs anymore. People can enjoy their longer queue times...

7+ Year Old Account
    My experience is that the truly bad players are the ones criticizing the most when running them.

As a prot paladin some of the pulls can get hairy without CC. You dont always have CDs up when you need(ie: bad fear/stun with out being able to bubble/cancelaura). But you can definitely manage.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    haha :P

I did one run on MT during the recent timewalking. That room we had a ninja pull. We only got two groups but with bonestorm and a few CD (plus trinket with the aoe use effect on it that I had equipped) the mobs got nuked down fast. I think a 3 pull is possible, most likely easier to do a LOS pull and use mass grip to re-position once they are near enough.
    Yeah the archway to los is the way to go

all i know about timewalking dungeons:"

i often did them for fun, to help friends, for the extra bonus roll or even for no real reward at all, back when they were just easy fun even if you didn't go out of your way to min/max set bonusses, sockets and legendaries to be a true god in them.

now i just don't do them at all, maybe one on a fresh dinged char to buy some starting gear but even that's barely worth the effort. i can't even be arsed to do 1 or 2 dungeons to save up some badges for next mount they add.

they are harder now then they were when they were current content lol. it's stupid. either up the rewards or turn them back into quick fun on the side, preferably the latter.

Timewalking dungeons are way overtuned for the rewards they offer. Even the weekly quest is dissappinting: doing 5 of these torture dungeons in exchange of a mere normal raid item... it's better to PUG normal AoDA. The only timewalking I enjoy is Pandaria, since the dungeons don't seem to be that punishing and you actually have fun doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    If you end up with a bunch of levelers, the dungeon suddenly gets a hell of a lot harder. Yeah it's timewalking and it's scaling our level and ilvl. The difference is still huge between a 120 with azerite gear, neck, enchants, and say a lvl 75.
    Mastery kicks in at 78, I guess that's the main reason. Also new talents at 90 and 100. Chars still leveling should get a heal/damage buff in timewalking.

If you can't see the difference between early and current timewalking you haven't played both. TW was a LOT easier tuned in the beginning, you can not still do exactly the same.