Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    If it was up to me, I would not consider it cheating. You can not do anything more with multi-boxing than you can with getting a group of players together and acting for a common goal.
    its an unfair advantage, gold grinding u will gain 100% more income per account u are multiboxing. it is not against the ToS, and I do it myself for that reason, but i do consider it pretty fucking unfair, for a multitude of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The complete answer is that technically, no, it is not cheating by multi-boxing. In reality, yes.

Blizz prefers to deal with the technical answer. You are good to do multi-boxing (and thus giving them more money) provided that you aren't using supplemental software to control the multiple characters. This means, theoretically, that you are either manually jumping between multiple computers, or actively alt-tabbing between each individual instance.

In reality, the vast, overwhelming majority of multi-boxers use supplemental software that lets them control the multiple characters simultaneously or via macro'd commands. If you are caught by Blizz, then you will get banned. However, it is pretty uncommon to see them get banned. Blizz will not take the word of reports at face value (no matter how much proof and detail you provide), so they will have to have a GM see the obvious first-hand or Blizz software has to detect the supplemental software.
    Your entire post is 100% false. Blizzard explicitly allows the use of multi-boxing software, and has stated as such several times. MB software does not control the secondary toons, and Blizzard would not allow software to do so. It simply relays keystrokes. There are even addons for multi-boxers, that work in conjunction the the MB software. They have been around for years on curse/twitch, and Blizzard has had no issue with people using them.

I have been multi-boxing WoW for the past 14 years, know tons of other MB'ers, and none have ever been banned for using MB software.

multiboxing isnt cheating nor is it an unfair advantage since anyone and everyone can multibox if they so choose...

It is somehow not considered cheating by the company, but anyone who is honest knows it should be. You are really only manually playing one character, the rest are automated by using third party software, which almost always constitutes as cheating otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    multiboxing isnt cheating nor is it an unfair advantage since anyone and everyone can multibox if they so choose...
    Not everyone can afford to pay 4 more accounts, therefore it's unfair for people who play the game with just one account if they can't afford anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    Please stop talking as if you actually had a point to make because at no point did I ever state any of those things were not 3rd party but you're waving your arms around like I even came close to classifying anything as such.

Just like your lousy bombastic post you miss the point entirely which isn't surprising. Blizzard is on record stating that operating characters using a 3rd party program is illegal to their terms of service. Now what does that even have to do with your storage drivers? Nothing. Because they don't play the game for you, your analogy was devoid of any semblance of coherence.

The point was specifically toward using a 3rd party program to bot your character. Not my toaster. Not my shoe. Not my Car. In case you get lost along the way.
    How do you operate your characters without using your mouse driver or keyboard driver? Oh wait...you use 3rd party software to operate your characters. You're a CHEATER!

You use addons when you play? Addons are 3rd party software that directly affect game play. You are a CHEATER!

What's that? Blizzard has specifically stated that they allow the use of addons? Interesting. They've also stated that they SPECIFICALLY ALLOW the utilities multi-boxers use as long as they only multi-cast single keypresses to multiple windows. I guess your entire argument has fallen apart.

Try going to compete in F1 racing and complain that the other teams have better hardware and software to make their cars better than yours. Hmm...those are specifically allowed in F1 racing, just like multi-boxing along with all the hardware and software used is allowed by Blizzard.

As long as characters do not take any action that is not directly controlled by a single keypress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It is somehow not considered cheating by the company, but anyone who is honest knows it should be. You are really only manually playing one character, the rest are automated by using third party software, which almost always constitutes as cheating otherwise.
    Nope. It's an advantage, but it's not cheating. Having an advantage is not cheating. In golf, people are allowed to own better clubs and balls than you can afford. In F1 racing, people are allowed to have much better cars and equipment than you have. Many things in life aren't fair. That's how life works.

You're looking for the MMO-equivalent of NASCAR. That's not what WoW is. If YOU are perfectly honest about the situation, you'll admit this to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qeldin View Post
    Not everyone can afford to pay 4 more accounts, therefore it's unfair for people who play the game with just one account if they can't afford anymore.
    Not everyone can afford a high-end gaming system that can play the game at over 100 FPS in 4K resolution with view distance at maximum setting. Not everyone can afford the most advanced mouse and keyboard with special buttons that make quick game actions more convenient. Not everyone has sponsors that pair them up with the best of the best players who are always available to raid together with them in the same room while not having to work a 9-5 day job. Nobody said WoW is supposed to be fair. Deal with it.
    Last edited by joebob42; 2019-06-20 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qeldin View Post
    its not the games fault you cant afford something... its fair because you CAN do it if you can afford it. if you cant afford it thats a problem irl not in the game itself.
    Since the game doesnt prevent anyone from doing it its fair.

Also incase you're not aware, ANYONE can afford it since you can buy accounts for gold...

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    its not the games fault you cant afford something... its fair because you CAN do it if you can afford it. if you cant afford it thats a problem irl not in the game itself.
    Since the game doesnt prevent anyone from doing it its fair.

Also incase you're not aware, ANYONE can afford it since you can buy accounts for gold...
    It's not worth the trouble. They will reject reality and substitute their own. They don't care how things are. They only care how they think things should be.

There are controversial rule changes in sports all the time. Some people just have difficulty accepting that the world doesn't care about their opinion.

it may not be legally but i consider it cheating.
    getting nuked by 5 shams in arena is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    it may not be legally but i consider it cheating.
    getting nuked by 5 shams in arena is not fun.
    I consider you a cheeseburger, but that doesn't mean your keyboard has ketchup and mustard all over it.

Nobody cares what your opinion is on Blizzard's rules. Maybe you consider stealing bases in baseball cheating. Nobody cares.

No. It is in no way different to people grouping up together and working

Not any more than character boosts.

Closing the thread as the question is answered.

No, multi-boxing is not against the Blizzard TOS.

For a good summary of Blizzard official responses to questions about multi-boxing you can see a compilation of them at the link:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...e-for-azeroth/
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    When people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.