Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't have a lot of time to play, like a couple hours on Saturday. Between raiding, mythic+, the AP grind, and classic, my free time is eaten up. Is there an option to just buy the expansions and play through the story?
    IIRC, when you subbed during the two Knights xpacs, you would retain all chapters of the xpacs that were available during your sub. If all the chapters were available, you had access to all of them. From the SWTOR reddit "All story expansions can be unlocked by subscribing for one month, and remain unlocked even after a player unsubscribes".

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    IIRC, when you subbed during the two Knights xpacs, you would retain all chapters of the xpacs that were available during your sub. If all the chapters were available, you had access to all of them. From the SWTOR reddit "All story expansions can be unlocked by subscribing for one month, and remain unlocked even after a player unsubscribes".
    Thanks! I think I'll subscribe for a month to unlock them. I kind of play the game completely solo.

Thanks! I think I'll subscribe for a month to unlock them. I kind of play the game completely solo.
    Yeah they definitely stay after you unsub. Me and a friend of mine usually sub for a month twice a year or so to do the new stuff.

So if I subscribe I get the expansion? Does it go away after I stop subscribing? I'm just playing for the story and just hit 48 on my sith warrior. Probably going to try a republic toon next.
    You unlock every expansion that is out if you sub, and it doesn't go away if you stop. But, there will be things you won't have acess to if you do. Like the raids and the max level alternative progression system Galactic command/renown, and all the limitations mentioned in the OP including a limit of 3 warzones per day unless you group with someone subbed.
    But, if all you want to do is the story content, then it is perfectly fine.

you can just play to 50 with all the 8 base classes, and if you stop your sub, you keep the expansions, you just lose all sub privileges and you'll miss them dearly ^^

I dunno if anyone mentioned but "Rise of the hutt cartel" and "Shadow of revan" will join the F2P content when Onslaught comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I dunno if anyone mentioned but "Rise of the hutt cartel" and "Shadow of revan" will join the F2P content when Onslaught comes out.
    Have a source for that? I didn't see that in the original article talking about Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Have a source for that? I didn't see that in the original article talking about Onslaught.
    It was announced at San diego comic con.

You can just google it on youtube.

It was announced at San diego comic con.

You can just google it on youtube.
    Or you could provide the link for people if it's that easy. But thanks for the information anyway.

https://vulkk.com/2019/07/21/swtor-s...nslaught-news/

I must say as an early adopter of the game with the full deluxe package the statue and everything included I still feel pretty ashmed xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hatseflatsh View Post
    I must say as an early adopter of the game with the full deluxe package the statue and everything included I still feel pretty ashmed xD
    I felt a little bad for buying that collectors edition as well. right up until I sold that statue for $85 on ebay.
    Even as swtor continued to go downhill during those days, I felt OK about it all with the recoup of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatseflatsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I felt a little bad for buying that collectors edition as well. right up until I sold that statue for $85 on ebay.
    Even as swtor continued to go downhill during those days, I felt OK about it all with the recoup of cash.
    I never felt ashamed for buying the Collectors Edition, I thoroughly enjoyed the game they released. I felt like I got my money's worth.

The game may not have been a huge success as an MMO, but I think the game that released was amazing and still is. All that great content is just old now and the company has done very little to refresh it and release new content and support it properly for an MMO that was apparently intended to be like WoW.

If they would just embrace this game for what it is now, rather than try and compete with WoW with raiding/ operations and such and focus on the more story driven experience, like KotET and KotFE, I think it would be amazing.

I just don't think the company is equipped to create group content that can compete with WoW and FFXIV, the big names on campus, at this point. At least not long term and continuously, as the fights they have created have been pretty good, they just can't make them consistently fast enough to support that kind of end game model.

I agree.

SWTOR is amazing, but it doesn't get the content support it deserves. If it did, it would be way more popular.

But hey, if Onslaught does well maybe things will get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistically I'll buy the xpac for playable Nautolian, a new race always gets me back into a game for a couple months. I haven't paid any real attention to the story or even the game for probably 2 years now, so maybe it'll all feel fresh!

They really do write some good single-player stories, the multiplayer content, eh *shrug*.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Credit cap is extremely low. I had more cred that that, nearly a decade ago, a couple months post launch.

With decent items going for multi-millions, quality items for way more, 1 Million is laughable.

Imagine going into McDonalds, buying an item off the dollar menu, then begging to have it cheaper, without tax. This is the F2P model EA offers. "but I can only carry $1 maximum!"

As I understand it, though, 1 mil creds isn't going to buy squat. May as well be 2 million creds, which won't buy squat either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Credit cap is extremely low. I had more cred that that, nearly a decade ago, a couple months post launch.

With decent items going for multi-millions, quality items for way more, 1 Million is laughable.

Imagine going into McDonalds, buying an item off the dollar menu, then begging to have it cheaper, without tax. This is the F2P model EA offers. "but I can only carry $1 maximum!"

As I understand it, though, 1 mil creds isn't going to buy squat. May as well be 2 million creds, which won't buy squat either.
    It IS the F2P. You can't exactly be picky. It's not supposed to be a charity. The game has to make revenue. You want to buy the nice stuff with credits? Time to sub... or buy CC's with money.

People don't seem to get this so i will make it clear. SWTOR IS A SUB GAME! The F2P is a mode that allows you to play when you can't commit to anything in a major way, but still lets you do the single player stuff. Also serves as an introduction, so people can see that the game is fun and worthwhile subbing to.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-08-04 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't seem to get this so i will make it clear. SWTOR IS A SUB GAME! The F2P is a mode that allows you to play when you can't commit to anything in a major way, but still lets you do the single player stuff. Also serves as an introduction, so people can see that the game is fun and worthwhile subbing to.
    THIS. STWOR F2P is basically a really big demo. Which is great, if you like the game enough to play but not buy, then you don't need the millions of credits. If you like the game enough to buy, a sub and a security key gets you 600CC a month, in addition to access to as many credits as you can earn and all the flashpoints, ops, and so forth. And if you're into all of that stuff you ought to be paying for the game, because clearly you enjoy it. And as always "If you like it, pay for it."
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    THIS. STWOR F2P is basically a really big demo. Which is great, if you like the game enough to play but not buy, then you don't need the millions of credits. If you like the game enough to buy, a sub and a security key gets you 600CC a month, in addition to access to as many credits as you can earn and all the flashpoints, ops, and so forth. And if you're into all of that stuff you ought to be paying for the game, because clearly you enjoy it. And as always "If you like it, pay for it."
    Well then, why they dont change info from F2P to Free trial/demo? Are they not aware of this? Maybe dont agree with it? Maybe want to bait and switch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well then, why they dont change info from F2P to Free trial/demo? Are they not aware of this? Maybe dont agree with it? Maybe want to bait and switch?
    Oh go bawwwwww about it somewhere else. Sometimes you gotta pay for shit if you like it. If you don't like it enough to pay for it, what are you losing anyway?

They're pretty clear about what your restrictions are, so I really don't know what you're whinging about.

Just, be kind.

it's good they upped the credit cap. getting that stupid message over and over again was the worst part about it.

overall, i don't find the restrictions on preferred to be -that- bad. but the restriction on gear is awful and should go.

also, anyone know when the exact date of release is? i wanna sub to get the expansion free, but i don't wanna sub too early since i don't really intend to play much or at all, until the expansion.