Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what do you stockpile?

What do you stockpile for emergency situation? People found out the hard way when covid-19 hit that they were woefully unprepared in the event that stores break down. I'm starting to stockpile things now. Batteries, toilet paper, food, first aid supplies, cordage. Working on other things as well.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Loads of dosh
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

I should have stocked up on yeast and things like lysol wipes, they're both still hard to find where I am. Everything else has pretty much gone back to normal. For now.

spaghetti-o's. like all preppers its my dream that when the world ends i can spend the rest of my life protecting a room full of spaghetti-o's

10+ Year Old Account
    But for realz I do have lots of pantry foods to last over a week and always keep something like 30 gallons of fresh water on hand.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Treasures in heaven.

Hugs.
    that is all i need
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Gaming mice.

I learned my lesson when my Razer Mamba 2012 died, and I really needed that model because of those two buttons near the LMB, which I use in WoW for like 6 actions that are macroed and separated with modifier keys. But apparently Razer is no longer making models with those two buttons in that position, so I had to look at other brands. Luckily I found a Logitech G402 which has those buttons, so I bought 3 just to be safe when they start dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I've learned is that irrational behavior is hard to predict, but I can always check on this thread and get a better idea what crazy people will be hoarding next time and not be caught off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I should have stocked up on yeast and things like lysol wipes, they're both still hard to find where I am. Everything else has pretty much gone back to normal. For now.
    The yeast one is pretty zany, my girlfriend needed it for work and everybody decided to make their own bread en masse. Who could predict that? She was only recently able to get a hold of some.
    /s

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    toilet paper is the new gold
    everything else was in supply during Covid-19, so the list is short. a bit of everything, but not hoarded like by a greedy ferengi.

I stockpile money
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

I don't really stockpile in a "crazy prepper" sense, but I do tend to keep a few months worth of essentials/non perishables on hand, in part because i hate shopping often and in part because my formative years were spent in an environment where even simple things would only be available few times a year rather then whenever you may need them.

I tend to resupply when I'm down to about a month/ month and a half. I do NOT stock up on anything that I'm not using in normal circumstances and cannot regularly rotate. (with exception of a first aid kit and fire extinguishers) I just have extras on hand in case for whatever reason I cannot go shopping for a while, or its just not there to buy.

been doing this before pandemic. will continue to do this after. it just gives me a peace of mind without feeling like a complete hoarder and it does come in handy in temporary emergencies/shortages. longer term emergencies come with their own issues, and TBH - I'm not really preparing for end of the world scenarios, for a number of reasons.

P.S. in a complete bit of random - for whatever reason in my area - frozen strawberries seem to disappear of the shelves as soon as they appear O_O I mean, sure I use them for variety of things and have been for a while, but its like... the entire area discovered smoothies or something all of a sudden due to pandemic? well that and making powder/yeast cause everyone is into baking now :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I stockpile stuff that will keep me entertained if I need to stay inside. Music instruments, VR, board games, paints, weapons.
    Food? No. That's what other people do for me.

I stockpiled food, n95 masks, and disinfectants for covid19. Also bought a bunch of other bs that I would normally purchase. I don't really have any plans to stockpile anything after this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What do you stockpile for emergency situation? People found out the hard way when covid-19 hit that they were woefully unprepared in the event that stores break down. I'm starting to stockpile things now. Batteries, toilet paper, food, first aid supplies, cordage. Working on other things as well.
    i dont stockpile anything - but i usually buy some things in bulk - like whole big package of sugar packs, , same with rice/pasta (like 6-8 packs ) , few antiperspriants / tootpastes/shower gels (when on promotion ) so i dont have to worry about going to shop when i want to cook or when i need something , but not because of any bs like being a prepper but because i find it just more efficient.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bodies
    {10char}

I mostly stockpile the stuff I like to drink. Cherry coke zero, Lipton diet citrus green tea, minute maid sugar-free lemonade. I stockpile these things anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I mostly stockpile the stuff I like to drink. Cherry coke zero, Lipton diet citrus green tea, minute maid sugar-free lemonade. I stockpile these things anyways.
    why not make lemonade/ice tea yourself ? its super fast , cheaper and much healthier due to lack of synthetic E components -_-

Nothing at all it's all about the looting and scavenging when shit goes down.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    fresh clean water, gold and guns
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis