Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Why is blizzard not announcing Vulpera and Mechgnomes alrdy?

Both races are complete, the work is done to be a playable race.
    Both have body types, hairs and other features.
    At this point it would be a waist of dev time to not turn them into an Allied race.

The only question is why is blizzard not alrdy telling us they are coming?
    Why do you think they keep this info for so obvious dev step.
    Or will they save them and add two more and turn them into a Allied race being part of the next exp pack like we had at the end of Legion to bridge the time between the exp packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully because Vulpera aren't happening. It's not likely, but really don't want trash like Vulpera polluting my faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Hopefully because Vulpera aren't happening. It's not likely, but really don't want trash like Vulpera polluting my faction.
    They are already listed as allied race. For me that makes them very very likely.

I also think they are fully animated - not likely that some random npc got so much attention just to be left in dust.
    Last edited by Clozer; 2019-06-22 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibilities..

1: They are saving additional Allied Races for 8.3.
    2: They are saving additional Allied Races for 9.0.
    3: They are saving additional Allied Races for the shop.

Personally, giving how Activision Blizz has become, I feel that they'll announce Vulpera and Mechagnomes (Or whatever else for the Alliance side) at Blizzcon! 25$ to unlock one, or 35$ discount for both!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I agree. They're abomination that shouldn't ever be added as playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Personally, giving how Activision Blizz has become, I feel that they'll announce Vulpera and Mechagnomes (Or whatever else for the Alliance side) at Blizzcon! 25$ to unlock one, or 35$ discount for both!
    i thought somewhere they said allied races will always be obtainable in game. something with racials that effect gameplay should never be sold for real money.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i thought somewhere they said allied races will always be obtainable in game. something with racials that effect gameplay should never be sold for real money.
    Im quite sure they will find a reason to sell these soon as well.

Hyping them up or not coming.

Also people seem deluded that they will add races to cash shop.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Possibilities..

..or they are (and always were) feature of 8.2.5 that isn't on PTR yet? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    Easy to solve that, give them identical racials to some other race, so its nothing but a skin!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Easy to solve that, give them identical racials to some other race, so its nothing but a skin!
    actually, that would be the only way i could accept it lol. cosmetics only. maybe like wildhammer tattoos for dwarves, shit like that.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Because these races aren't a part of 8.2, but a future patch that didn't have its content revealed yet. When they announce the feature list of a patch that has Vulpera and Mechagnomes, they will surely talk about these races as well.

P.S. Also - assuming that these races are finished and playable just because they have been datamined and have a working model in the model viewer is just wrong. There might still be quite a bit of work to be done before they are ready to be released (for example - racials, unlock questline, heritage armor and/or scenario, bug fixing, etc).
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-06-22 at 11:07 AM.

My prediction is that they are coming with 8.2.5, alongside goblin and worgen model updates (and heritage armor).

Once 8.2 content enters lull phase, they will use these features to bump players interest a bit. No point making these announcments now, when most people are already hyped for 8.2 anyway.

Did I miss something? I don’t remember Blizzard saying that we can expect more allied races, and that they would be vulpera or mechagnomes

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibilities..

Yeah, like all those other allied races you had to buy to unlock... oh wait.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    At this point it would be a waist of dev time to not turn them into an Allied race.

Or will they save them and add two more and turn them into a Allied race being part of the next exp pack like we had at the end of Legion to bridge the time between the exp packs.
    Because they wanna pace it out so that they have stuff to announce in the future when they don't have much exciting stuff otherwise.

There a few possible reasons:
    They are focusing most of race work on finishing up worgen and goblin models and their heritage armors.
    They are done with allied races for this expansion.
    They never plan to make them allied races people just make shit up, and get hyped over some datamined stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

Maybe pre-expansion release?

I mean, right now, the only ones capable of being released is Vulpera, as we haven't allied with the mechgnomes yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Possibilities..

Blizz is sometimes stupid and makes idiotic and greedy decisions sure.
    They however aren't stupid enough to pull something like that.

Do you have any idea what kinda shitstorm would unfold if they did that?

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    It's simple.

They were never going to be allied races to begin with.