Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Unprovoked, what isn't provoked about advocating that people should target people based on their race gender, or orientation for harassment and violence, and turning peoples lives into a shit show and stoking the hatred of people for their neighbors and friends and sometimes relatives.
    Words are not violence, and suppressing words with violence makes you a fascist.

You aren't fooling anybody with this idea you are in the center either, you are either defending these far right groups or you aren't. There is no equivalent argument made or that you are making.
    I just have to let you keep talking.

"Unless you're with us against X you're X" is the mentality of extremists.

Pair that with the previous "there are no innocents outside our group" and it's easy to see who's the hateful and dangerous authoritarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Thank you. And I totally understand and see where you come from too, you made some very insightful comments as well
    I would rather be vulnerable 100 times and be made a fool of, than take a swipe at 1 person who is honestly and with as much thought as they can asks a legitimate question. I also think it's harder to be thoughtful now days, because it takes courage to be vulnerable.

I can and do appreciate what you are saying, I don't applaud cutting people off at the knees or silencing people because it makes me or anyone else uncomfortable. I think it's ok to be uncomfortable and even annoyed.

I don't think it's ok to hurt people, just because someone can. Especially when they are being honest
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    So, from what I can gath on your opinion, the only thing that makes one a fascist isn't from actually doing the things that fascists do, but only how one feels about a particular subject?

Are you one of those "Racism can only be real if the person has power" idiots?
    Mind the tone.

And that goes for everyone in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    Armed right wing militias currently terrorize the Oregon Senate, but go off.

Saying the people opposing right wing terror are as fascist or even more fascist than the Nazis is something people with a vested interest in protecting far right terror groups say. "The people opposing Nazis are just as bad as the murderous Nazis" is employed to help Nazis.
    Maybe not "as" or "even more than" fascist than the Nazi, but they certainly do employ the same methods and mentalities.

If you're consistent with your principles you should condemn both, not excuse them because they happen to stand on your side of the political spectrum. That's just hipocrisy.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Words are not violence, and suppressing words with violence makes you a fascist.
    That's cute but no, and that isn't how that works, words are violence ask any general or policy maker that sent people to war to die over ideas. Exposing people who hide behind the internet isn't violence, it's clarity.

If you haven't the intellectual capacity to reveal who you are before espousing hatred and threats of violence over people and who they were born as you know real fascism is necessary.

I just have to let you keep talking.

"Unless you're with us against X you're X" is the mentality of extremists.

It's easy to see who's the hateful authoritarian.
    Yes Extremist as in Certain you are full of shit, and not at all confused about who you are where you are going and your goal in this argument. As for who is the hateful authoritarian that isn't unclear either, because I have admitted it about myself many times.

Your only problem is you are more rattled by your own failed argument and lack of anything original to say, than you are of the fact I pointed it out. Making it about me is your way of coping.

That's cute but no, and that isn't how that works, words are violence
    They're not. Words are words, the way you fight bad rethoric is with good rethoric, not physical violence.
    That's the mentality the fascists and nazis used to bypass the argument, and if you share it you're no better than them.

Same goes for Antifa.
    Doesn't matter how they call themselves, their methods define their nature and their methods are those the nazis used: violence, intimidation, escalation and suppression of speech.

As for who is the hateful authoritarian that isn't unclear either, because I have admitted it about myself many times.
    So you do admit you're the evil you pretend to fight.
    That's good enough for me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Mind the tone.

And that goes for everyone in the thread.
    My tone is amazing. I was in choir!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    So you do support organized harassment, total isolation, and possible murder(let's not forget allllll those fuckers tweeting about how they'd murder someone for the heinous crime of wrongthink) based on how one feels about a particular subject. Good to know. I hope when you get to your part of the poem you don't lament.
    Well hey at least you are all caught up and clear, yes wrong think "Racist, Sexist, Homophobic POS" can fuck off or stand behind their bullshit statements, and stop trying to lean on everyone being nice enough to them or PC the way they would like, when spewing their bullshit.

About how superior they are because of nothing they accomplished by being born, and how inferior and stupid everyone else is because they don't know who some anonymous intellectual and social failure is online targeting others for the hate they are too afraid of facing themselves.

Seriously this is why Patreon exist so these Muppets can donate to the one unemployed moron screaming in his moms basement, garage, or whatever, getting rich off of all the people paying them money to say the kind of shit or articulate it in a way so the most ignorant and ill informed can feel validation.

Yes, I approve.

Yes come on Silent Majority, you know the Alpha Males and Superior folk talking shit behind a keyboard, passing judgement on everyone else as being cringworthy because it easier to attack people with the courage to be themselves, than it is some dude afraid of the DOX.

Give me a fucking break

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well hey at least you are all caught up and clear, yes wrong think "Racist, Sexist, Homophobic POS" can fuck off or stand behind their bullshit statements, and stop trying to lean on everyone being nice enough to them or PC the way they would like, when spewing their bullshit.

About how superior they are because of nothing they accomplished by being born, and how inferior and stupid everyone else is because they don't know who some anonymous intellectual and social failure is online targeting others for the hate they are too afraid of facing themselves.

Seriously this is why Patreon exist so these Muppets can donate to the one unemployed moron screaming in his moms basement, garage, or whatever, getting rich off of all the people paying them money to say the kind of shit or articulate it in a way so the most ignorant and ill informed can feel validation.

Yes, I approve.

Yes come on Silent Majority, you know the Alpha Males and Superior folk talking shit behind a keyboard, passing judgement on everyone else as being cringworthy because it easier to attack people with the courage to be themselves, than it is some dude afraid of the DOX.

Give me a fucking break
    You okay? Were you responding to someone else there? Because none of that past the first run-on sentence applies to any part of any of my arguments in this thread.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not. Words are words, the way you fight bad rethoric is with good rethoric, not physical violence.
    That's the mentality the fascists and nazis used to bypass the argument, and if you share it you're no better than them.
    Irrelevant to the argument, I know history and your misapplying that here isn't going to confuse the fact you don't know what you are talking about or what you are advocating.

Same goes for Antifa.
    Doesn't matter how they call themselves, their methods define their nature and their methods are those the nazis used: violence, intimidation, escalation and suppression of speech.
    So you do admit you're the evil you pretend to fight.
    That's good enough for me.
    No I admit you don't know what you are talking about you are ultimately being dishonest in this exchange and trying to malign and conflate people defending themselves from being targeted and hate by violent fascist, yea you can save it, we're done. Moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

You okay? Were you responding to someone else there? Because none of that past the first run-on sentence applies to any part of any of my arguments in this thread.
    We are talking about the OP correct far right extremist being exposed, and you are here arguing that is a bad thing. No?

No the only one confused here is you by your trying to spin nonsense as a defense, so instead of risking an infraction or whatever, let's just move on.

15+ Year Old Account
    So on page 10 are people throwing antifa together with anti capitalists and the general demonstration tactic called the black bloc?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The problem is with ANTIFA is that they label anyone they disagree with as fascist and extremist while they themselves are fascist and extremist. There isn't anything good about ANTIFA.
    Care to elaborate on how ANTIFA are.... fascists?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Basically this. They're more "fascist' than any of the people they're trying to stand up against, but with a scary self-righteousness.

Anyone with sense can see that Antifa is a ticking time bomb of shit. Any of these extremes are fundamentally a bad idea - especially when they're slowly escalating each side to be more and more extreme in their views and actions.

I know I know "bla bla Far Right have currently killed more people", but we can't base the merit of violent extremists just on whose killed the most, as history has shown us that these things are liable to swing pretty quickly.
    Fasicst? First, I don't see any magical place to join "antifa" All I show is a professor who is roasting racists because of what they said. She isn't forcing anyone to say stupid shit online. She is only pointing this fact out to people who are hiring them. If they choosing to keep the racist asshat that is up to the employer. If they choose to fire the racist well that is also up to the employer. What you say online can be traced back to you. And I have no sympathy for those people that are getting fired for what they say. Equating that to fascim is hilariously bad. Trying to equate this tactic to know nazi fascist tactics of burning peoples houses down, is laughably ludicrous. I will tell you what, you find an "antifa person" go to there employer showing there behavior and leave it up to the employer to decide to fire them or not given public information on that person. And if they deserve to be fired because they were violently opposing racist jackasses fine. They deserve it because violence has no place in public discourse. I am all for everyones actions in public being fair game for employment matters.
    Last edited by Wermys; 2019-06-25 at 08:01 AM.

No because that would be just stupid. Supporting people based on who they are and how they are born isn't the same as supporting someones lunatic idea they are some how fucking special because of their skin color or gender, or geography of where they were born.
    I am talking about principle here, it is very easy to defend an unjust behavior that won't affect you, which is why I raised the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not gonna hide my position on those things, and if my boss is a bigot, that's his right. Why would I want to work for a guy who's gonna fire me for that, though?

I've quit jobs over shit like that, when it targeted coworkers. So I've walked that walk, not just talking the talk.
    Quit is very different than being fire, it is planned and you can reduce the impact heavily.
    I would doubt you had wife and kids and no other job in view and just left.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Not okay because people are't infallible; They often get things wrong.

Who gets to decide this person is an extremist? We've all seen how computers get shit wrong all the time as well. Does anyone remember that artist that got banned on Facebook for white supremacy when she was making Nazi symbols of out maga hats?
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...s-into-symbols
    A computer can't tell the difference. Should we let that computer dox that person even though she is clearly anti trump? Sure why not, maybe she can rile up some of her supporters and they can grab some bricks and go to town.

So that's a no for me.
    There own words show it, she is merely highlighting for the employer and allowing that employer to make a decision. Its free speech. You can say what you want, but you aren't going to get to hide from the ramifications from that speech either. The person who gets to decide is the employer. And what they value. Words have consequences. And people are now learning this fact with social media. It is why I don't use twitter or facebook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Quit is very different than being fire, it is planned and you can reduce the impact heavily.
    I would doubt you had wife and kids and no other job in view and just left.
    Wife yes, kids no, and no other job ready and waiting.

And regardless, it doesn't matter. We're talking about someone being fired with cause. That last part is pretty important. Racism is cause for firing someone, even if you're in a State where at-will employment doesn't exist and your employer needs cause to fire you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you're so keen on history, surely you must know fascists employed Brown Shirts to do that exact same type of stuff.
    No, brownshirts were organized by the Nazi party, to protect fascist from communist, Jews, gypsies and other undesirables.

- - - Updated - - -

They put their face into the public areas ergo I'm allowed to know it. Just because they're cowards hiding behind a mob of other cowards doesn't make their fascism any more valid. I know I know, they say they're not fascists, but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and acts like a duck, you call it a duck.
    Self preservation isn’t fascist. People reacting to those who want to exterminate them, are not fascist. That’s absurd... they are not targeting fascist, as a scape goat for nationalism and ethnic purity. They are targeting fascist due to their explicit ideology to get rid of undesirables.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Irrelevant to the argument, I know history and your misapplying that here isn't going to confuse the fact you don't know what you are talking about or what you are advocating.
    I know what I'm not advocating for: conflation of speech with violence and endorsement of political violence to shut up speech I disagree with.

That's the stuff of fascism, and you stand right behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, brownshirts were organized by the Nazi party, to protect fascist from communist, Jews, gypsies and other undesirables.
    Yes, and they used guillible youth to do so.
    The exact same the radical left is doing today by organizing them to shame attack and destroy their political opponents without having to address their points.

"Unleash the students", they say. Antifa are weaponized useful idiots who revel in hatred and violence, nothing more.

I know what I'm not advocating for: conflation of speech with violence and endorsement of political violence to shut up speech I disagree with.

That's the stuff of fascism, and you stand right behind it.

Yes, and they used guillible youth to do so.
    The exact same the radical left is doing today by organizing them to shame attack and destroy their political opponents without having to address their points.

"Unleash the students", they say. Antifa are weaponized useful idiots who revel in hatred and violence, nothing more.
    How is that any different than the MAGA-hat wearing Trumpsters?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that any different than the MAGA-hat wearing Trumpsters?
    Antifa hate Facists...MAGA hates anything that isn't white and male?

I'm sure there's some very fine people on both sides though.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)