Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a device with good intentions but who gets to decide who is a far right extremest? The internet would have me labeled a transphobe or a racist for dare supporting Cyberpunk? So does that mean I am now a nazi and far right? Should I be on this list? Do I dare tweet or post about Cyberpunk now because Games jounros have decided everyone who supports this game is far right?

You cannot just go around just labeling people far-right extremists. This is some radical extremist shit in its self.

As I said it's a device with good intentions but this sort of handling is pretty scary. Especially considering how YouTube bots handle taking down supposed extremists by taking innocent peoples videos down who have no extreme material on it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I'm pro-choice and I support gay marriage. Why would I care if those got exposed? They're laudable stances. Go nuts, tell the world.

If you're harassing and threatening, that's something else entirely. Which you should've known, before posting.
    If being pro-choice and supporting gay marriage become controversial instances, would you be OK to get fired for it?
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nonsense everything you do in your professional life is tied to your personal one. If you are a fucking racist piece of shit you might be a swell EMT, but that doesn't change the fact that if you are an EMT and you are a racist and hold those kinds of beliefs, that it doesn't shade your ability to do your job.

Just like a Zookeeper talking about pushing some ignorant bitch in a alligator pit, I am sure he was joking, however it doesn't change the fact whatever he said even if it's off the clock reflect poorly on the choices of those who employ him and creates a huge fucking liability for anyone vested into that park.

You want to bad mouth people of different races and genders while going off about how superior you are, yet you NEED to worry about a fucking job, where you are every bit dependent not only those who might look like you and those that don't.

There is a price to be paid for things you do as an adult, and that is the only line I would NOT cross, if you shout it or say it in public or open forum online, then you should totally fine with any and everybody you know reading and knowing about it. OWN your shit.

The only exception I would make is is you are under the age of like 14 maybe 18. But if you are an adult if you have a problem with other people hearing, then maybe don't fucking say it, or wait until you are in private and on your own time.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of popcorn we talking about now, you got any of that fancy white cheddar kind?
    Sounds crazy, but I like sour cream and onion powder with a little butter.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sounds crazy, but I like sour cream and onion powder with a little butter.
    HOW DARE YOU!

Sour cream sounds alright.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Only in america are antifascist dubbed "far left".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    If being pro-choice and supporting gay marriage become controversial instances, would you be OK to get fired for it?
    No because that would be just stupid. Supporting people based on who they are and how they are born isn't the same as supporting someones lunatic idea they are some how fucking special because of their skin color or gender, or geography of where they were born.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    I'm not gonna hide my position on those things, and if my boss is a bigot, that's his right. Why would I want to work for a guy who's gonna fire me for that, though?

I've quit jobs over shit like that, when it targeted coworkers. So I've walked that walk, not just talking the talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It's a device with good intentions but who gets to decide who is a far right extremest? The internet would have me labeled a transphobe or a racist for dare supporting Cyberpunk? So does that mean I am now a nazi and far right? Should I be on this list? Do I dare tweet or post about Cyberpunk now because Games jounros have decided everyone who supports this game is far right?

You cannot just go around just labeling people far-right extremists. This is some radical extremist shit in its self.

As I said it's a device with good intentions but this sort of handling is pretty scary. Especially considering how YouTube bots handle taking down supposed extremists by taking innocent peoples videos down who have no extreme material on it.
    First off you can stop with your bullshit trying to play I am the nice leftist shield maligned as fucking Alt-Right because of whatever shitty beliefs you have. You have said it over and over now we fucking get it.

You are really trying to come off as DIFFERENT

Seriously, trying to use whatever political view you may have to defend shitty ideas or people with shitty ideas doesn't suddenly make you sound enlightened. It honestly makes you sound like whatever circles you found yourself in you just contorting yourself all over the place to fit in, rather than being comfortable with who you are instead of trying to use that as some sort of badge.

It isn't ok when Alt-Right do shitty things, and it isn't ok when soft fucking people calling themselves left do it either.

It's wrong because it's fucking wrong, and if it isn't wrong it doesn't matter if people know where you stand or not.

If a Person is comfortable being a Racist POS then let them but enough of this, OHH but "I don't like the label"

Sounds like the PC Anti-PC nutjobs are always going on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOW DARE YOU!

Sour cream sounds alright.
    It's this stuff

https://store.kernelseasons.com/sour...corn-seasoning

It's pretty tasty!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    OMFG

I am getting one

7+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not totally against some type of tracking of extremists on both sides of the ideological spectrum. Who's the final decider of who is considered a far-right extremist? Is it just a cis-white male that doesn't fully agree with what I "the decider" spout on the twatters and facespace pages? What are the parameters here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    While I'm not totally against some type of tracking of extremists on both sides of the ideological spectrum. Who's the final decider of who is considered a far-right extremist? Is it just a cis-white male that doesn't fully agree with what I "the decider" spout on the twatters and facespace pages? What are the parameters here?
    What is the obsession with "who decides"?

Everyone gets to make up their own mind. This researcher will make up her mind, when she chooses to contact people about someone she thinks is dangerous. Those people she contacts can make up their minds. And so on. There is never any "final decision", and the entire concept is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Computer science professor writes Facebook and Twitter bots that store data about extremists. Uses data to dox them.

Do you approve of Prof. Squire's tactics?
    It entirely comes down to what 'extremist' means. To mean, extremists are imminently dangerous. For instance - making youtube videos talking about 800 genders? not extremist, but still crazy. Marching to tucker carlson's house and terrorising his wife? Extremist and dangerous. Dox those people. Don't dox the former.

Probably the same standards as the last time a group of citizens got together to filter out the undesirables in society.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    and the entire concept is silly.
    I agree. The problem arises when/if something like this picks up traction and starts using this as a definitive source of who's who, who to dox, who's lives/careers they want to try and ruin/destroy etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Probably the same standards as the last time a group of citizens got together to filter out the undesirables in society.
    And that didn't work out to well for the deciders in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. The problem arises when/if something like this picks up traction and starts using this as a definitive source of who's who, who to dox, who's lives/careers they want to try and ruin/destroy etc...
    How is that a "problem"? That's still just that one person's viewpoint.

If they convince others that they're right, it's each of their viewpoints, separately.

There is no "final decider". Nothing "official" or "definitive".

- - - Updated - - -

And that didn't work out to well for the deciders in the end.
    won't stop this movement from being near enough the same thing. they already have the support of a large number of the populace.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    What malevolent left winger worth their salt wouldn't love a program that targets only white folks.
    Malevolent left wing baby eater here, I resent the implication of racism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    It entirely comes down to what 'extremist' means. To mean, extremists are imminently dangerous. For instance - making youtube videos talking about 800 genders? not extremist, but still crazy. Marching to tucker carlson's house and terrorising his wife? Extremist and dangerous. Dox those people. Don't dox the former.
    Not to mention when these type decides to unperson or ruin the life/career of someone they target I'm guessing they never think of the effects beyond the person they are targeting. This person may just have a family that they need to support. Also those other family members may not totally agree with what the target espouses but have to suffer the consequences of the attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off you can stop with your bullshit trying to play I am the nice leftist shield maligned as fucking Alt-Right because of whatever shitty beliefs you have. You have said it over and over now we fucking get it.

I am not trying to come off as anything other than a person concerned with something that might be flawed, why the aggro? Is raising concern a cause for being labeled alt right too? Calm the hell down, Jesus H Christ.For merely making a standard concern hoping for an actual answer you reply throwing insults and venom.

Also what have I said over and over? I have made literally one reply to this topic?

Seriously, trying to use whatever political view you may have to defend shitty ideas or people with shitty ideas doesn't suddenly make you sound enlightened. It honestly makes you sound like whatever circles you found yourself in you just contorting yourself all over the place to fit in, rather than being comfortable with who you are instead of trying to use that as some sort of badge.
    Seriously what political views have I used? Outside of actual concerns, you seem to be assuming stuff that I haven't said it makes me wonder if you are even replying to the right person.,

It isn't ok when Alt-Right do shitty things, and it isn't ok when soft fucking people calling themselves left do it either.

It's wrong because it's fucking wrong, and if it isn't wrong it doesn't matter if people know where you stand or not.

If a Person is comfortable being a Racist POS then let them but enough of this, OHH but "I don't like the label"

Sounds like the PC Anti-PC nutjobs are always going on about.
    Also what the hell is this even about, nothing you have said here has anything to down with my post.... I'm trying to get an actual answer, there is no trolling, no attempt to 'trigger', I like to engage in conversation and challenge discussion, meanwhile you seem really threatened by my post and instead of answering like a mature adult you act like a child and using name calling.

You can either reply to my post and talk with me like an adult or go back to your pram and continue throwing your toys around, because you have just came off like a right bed wetter.

Heaven forbid someone ever disagrees with or even challenges your opinion in the real world, you'd throw a fucking fit. Grow up.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-06-24 at 05:08 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance