Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love how people somehow feel entitled to be assholes without consequences.

Just out of curiosity, what would your mother/father/grandparent say to this idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Oh you will have you vergnance, have no fear, the malevolent left in in control. you will get to rip these sinners from their horse and cast them into the mud, to trample on them and mock them and laugh at their cries. And then you can tell them don't be pieces of shit. I'm sure that will teach them and their children and their children's children the message of obedience.
    You really have some interesting delusions, completely ridiculous out of touch delusions, but still interesting in their own disturbing way.

15+ Year Old Account
    its not nonsense when folks see it enacted daily. when its what folks feel is happening. So hold your head high and proud as you take it to these sinners. After all they been judged and deemed worthless.
    Do you need a safe space?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well that's what I mean I am saying this of a place of 'worse case scenario'. Look if it works and it does it;s job, Hooray, jolly good. Call me negative Nancy but I like to look at all the options.

Personally it's not like I need to worry, I don't haven't had social media since 2016. so this isnt me concern trolling, or scared for my life. The only stuff I ever put on facebook or twitter when I had it was food pictures or pictures of my cat. Unless the algorithm is going to find something hateful about my fondue.
    Ok fair enough, this puts more clarity on your position and view, but yes I am sure this will come back to bite me in the ass too.

But it's been some time now I recognized the idea that the internet was going to be this great big wide beautiful thing that would bring the world together. I am no longer of that mind.

Freedom is important, but freedom also comes it a cost, sometimes that means being uncomfortable, and I am not saying we should exchange our need for control or safety so that we never have to be uncomfortable.

I don't think that is a good idea or human.

But I also recognize that people are assholes, not always everybody, but some people are always going to push the big red button just because they can, yell fire in a crowded theater etc.

If taking away peoples delusions that they can just scream fire online and never have to worry about the consequences. I am for it.

Sure it be great if people weren't morons, it would be great if I could drive to work as fast as I wanted and use whatever lane.

I aint gonna 'bang on' about free speech, that word is so meaningless with the way people throw it that around. it;s more an excuse than what the actual meaning is
    Ok fair enough, neither am I, I think for me the limit is when speech crosses the line into harm, I am not talking about hurt feelings, I am talking about declarations or appointments to harass, target and harm others.

Words have always been powerful and on the net we learn that can be deadly too.

You are 100% right, I have had it done to me in the past (well only on the forums and on social media which I am no longer apart of,. never outside in the real world, people actually know me in the real world, I been called a SJW, a Soyboy, a Libtard and on the other hand I get called a nazi or alt right sympathiser. (being called a nazi is pretty egregious considering)
    I have been called all of the above too, shit I have been called a racist, a sexist, etc etc.

That doesn't define me, it shouldn't define you either, yes it stupid when people say shit like that and don't mean it, or don't really know or care.

But that is why I said actions are important, so is character and lets face it, it feels almost impossible to know the very people that are around us all the time.

If someone calls me a racist, my first response is, OK first off is this person an idiot?

Not whether I like them or not that isn't relevant, but if the person is stupid and saying it for effect, it doesn't really matter.

BUT if the person isn't stupid or maybe just ignorant, I might ask ok why are you calling me a racist, etc. Keep in mind there isn't necessarily anything I can do about that, but I do try all my best to understand where people are legitimately coming from.

I don't have to like them, I don't even have to agree, and shit sometimes they are simply wrong and don't know it.

But I do my best to understand, and if there is something I can and want to do based on what I am hearing I do my best to learn, and if I honestly make a mistake I do my best to correct it. That is it.

Someone calling me racist MIGHT be totally legit, just like anything else.

But my experience it's not nobody has actually ever called me a racist ever, I can love all people all backgrounds regardless to their skin color, same with gender or anything else.

I am not perfect, I have been wrong, and just like if it was YOU. I don't get to decide if you are offended, or if anything I said to you is legit when it comes to how you feel about it.

I just think it's better to have context. Again I am wrong sometimes and I get called all kinds of shit. That's why I said it doesn't matter if I like someone or not. If I know where they are coming from and they have a reasonable argument, then it's valid.

And honestly I think morons who throw around a word like Nazi, like Satanist or anything else regardless, I find humor when people just embrace whatever nonsense or shrug it off especially if that's all it is. Words aren't going to make a person who they are, it's actions and their own reasons for whatever choice.

Plenty of people have been shitty to me, sad bad or mean things, that isn't enough to hate someone especially entire groups for how they were born. However someone who decides to hate me meaning wishes me harm and death because of how I was born, I have no tolerance or patience for.

The only thing I have power over is if I am going to deal honestly with people, not if I am going to be perfect. I Give everyone respect, but I think Trust is earned. Actions are more important than labels. Context is more important than random facts or truths, Why is more important than What.

And to be fair it just annoys me and it does trigger me, because these people never want to talk they judge you for the moment. It's like despite all your other thoughts, this one thing you said automatically makes you this thing, despite all the other things they agreed with. It's frustrating to deal with.
    It's understandable. and with text it's impossible to know any more than what you want to volunteer, but if that lacks any consistency, I don't mean mistakes, people make mistakes and can adjust accordingly.

People don't often exist the way others imagine them.

Only you can decide who you are and want to be, others can judge you as everyone else, but who is judging you and by what metric?

Because in my opinion as long as you know what liberal means or left whatever ONLY YOU get to decide if that is who you are, and what that means.

It does NOT mean always agreeing with anybody.

Liberals can be racist.

Liberals can be pretty vicious

Liberals can be all the things a human being is

IMO the only thing all Liberals agree on are core fundamentals. That's it, it shouldn't be assumed by anybody that means we all agree on method or motives.

Bottom Line is I don't feel you need to defend yourself and now that you have explained it I understand.

People that practice the same faith don't all agree, so obviously people who follow the same ideology in certain context aren't.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

its not nonsense when folks see it enacted daily. when its what folks feel is happening. So hold your head high and proud as you take it to these sinners. After all they been judged and deemed worthless.
    see what? let people know that act like an ass? But I see the game, its "feels over reals" taken to the extreme with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not nonsense when folks see it enacted daily. when its what folks feel is happening.
    This is no different than when "folks" are positive they were anally probed by aliens in the night after being abducted, or when they feel the Illuminati control the world.

It's all complete fucking nonsense without any basis in reality. Why should we entertain these delusions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Bottom Line is I don't feel you need to defend yourself and now that you have explained it I understand.

People that practice the same faith don't all agree, so obviously people who follow the same ideology in certain context aren't.
    Thank you. And I totally understand and see where you come from too, you made some very insightful comments as well
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    You really have some interesting delusions, completely ridiculous out of touch delusions, but still interesting in their own disturbing way.
    I don't really consider it delusional to to hold that the merit of a human being is more than what one post on social media. i don't think it delusional to think that there are good humans who have bad views. I'm sure there are many good folks in the malvent left that are angry and spiteful for good reason, but this path is wrong. The harm caused here will only grow.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    Do they include tankies in their database?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your actions would bring embarrassment, loss of employment, ect. Its totally the "malevolent left"'s fault for pointing out said actions. again if your actions mark you as a POS, then maybe don't be a POS.
    Words, whether spoken or written, are not actions. I can write mean words about you or anyone else, doesn't mean shit if all they are is publicized thoughts. Unless I put my words into action, then you'd actually have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Do you need a safe space?
    not really, that's why i post against ideas such as this, despite knowing i'll have to "argue" against 5+ folks who think i'm one of those 400,000. it's not the first time i've been pigeonholed, it won't be the last.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Oh you will have you vergnance, have no fear, the malevolent left in in control. you will get to rip these sinners from their horse and cast them into the mud, to trample on them and mock them and laugh at their cries. And then you can tell them don't be pieces of shit. I'm sure that will teach them and their children and their children's children the message of obedience.
    How is telling an employer, for example, that one of their employees was in public at a white supremacist event or on social media on a public account using their real name supporting white supremacy a bad thing? I'd think that providing public information for an employer to decide if they want to maintain a relationship with an employee given their online/public behavior is a good thing. It's up to the company at that point to decide whether their want their business associated with the public actions of their employees.

15+ Year Old Account
    not really, that's why i post against ideas such as this, despite knowing i'll have to "argue" against 5+ folks who think i'm one of those 400,000. it's not the first time i've been pigeonholed, it won't be the last.
    You sure? It does sound like you need a safe space.

You post against ideas such as this? Are you always against the idea that actions have consequences or just when its about racists?

see what? let people know that act like an ass? But I see the game, its "feels over reals" taken to the extreme with you.
    its not hard to see what this type of movement based in hatred will lead too.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How is telling an employer, for example, that one of their employees was in public at a white supremacist event or on social media on a public account using their real name supporting white supremacy a bad thing?
    Now what about the countless of users that have been called Nazi on this very forum?

What's stopping the mob from doing enough noise to get them unfairly fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is no different than when "folks" are positive they were anally probed by aliens in the night after being abducted, or when they feel the Illuminati control the world.

It's all complete fucking nonsense without any basis in reality. Why should we entertain these delusions?
    It has nothing in common at all with any of that endus.

I don't really consider it delusional to to hold that the merit of a human being is more than what one post on social media. i don't think it delusional to think that there are good humans who have bad views. I'm sure there are many good folks in the malvent left that are angry and spiteful for good reason, but this path is wrong. The harm caused here will only grow.
    its not "one post" its a series of actions, comments, ect. Your views frame your actions. Your whole "malevolent left" is nothing more then "feels over reals".

15+ Year Old Account
    What movement?

perfect summery of the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Now what about the countless of users that have been called Nazi on this very forum?

What's stopping the mob from doing enough noise to get them unfairly fired?
    Is anyone here using their real name? No? Then this is irrelevant.

If they were, it would absolutely be fair game as this is a public forum and they would be posting using their real name publicly. As I said, I have no issues with people who see others publicly supporting white supremacy IRL (you're functionally public if you're doing this) or through their public social media channels using their names. That's all the same as standing in the town square with a nametag on with a loudspeaker shouting this shit.

And note: I'm talking about the people actually posting/doing shit. Not just people saying "I called him a Nazi and he should be fired now!", that's a strawman.