8.2: Azerite Essenses - Start making a plan

Who is excited for some character customization! I know i am.

It might be a good idea to start looking where this essenses drop from.
    Maybe a strategy to start getting the easier ones first?

Here is a calculator (highlight the rank the see the description) :

https://ptr.wowhead.com/heart-of-azeroth-calc

_______

I alredy know what im going to do on my Demon Hunter.
    Here is my build called "Versatility Overload" (basically an insane stack of the Versatility stat for PvP)

https://ptr.wowhead.com/heart-of-aze...voc/ACADGwMWAw

_______

More detailed information here:

https://pt.wowhead.com/guides/heart-...sence-overview

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess i'm going with the "Fire Damage" to thingies since my mastery should count for this
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Guess i'm going with the "Fire Damage" to thingies since my mastery should count for this
    Hey, thats cheating.
    You have a spec in which mastery increases fire damage?

My synergy comes from versatility increasing your healing...and demon hunter having a crap ton of passive healing.
    And on top of that "Memory of Lucid Dreams" has a healing proc that scales with versa.

Cant wait to get all of this

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    From what I've checked, mastery's don't seem to effect essence effects. Healing from essences wasn't increased by holy paladin mastery, regular hots weren't increased by the seeds hot essence for resto druid and those hots weren't increased by a resto's regular hots, monk mastery was lost on second tiger palm if you did tiger palm -> crucible of flame fireball ability -> tiger palm, and it did not count their mastery on increasing it's damage either. Just a few examples of ones I tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    From what I've checked, mastery's don't seem to effect essence effects. Healing from essences wasn't increased by holy paladin mastery, regular hots weren't increased by the seeds hot essence for resto druid and those hots weren't increased by a resto's regular hots, monk mastery was lost on second tiger palm if you did tiger palm -> crucible of flame fireball ability -> tiger palm, and it did not count their mastery on increasing it's damage either. Just a few examples of ones I tested.
    You scared me for a second but it seems "Memory of Lucid Dreams" healing proc scales with Versa.
    This goes extremely well with the PvP essense.
    On top of versa gear and pvp trinkets
    On top of the endless passive healing of Demon Hunter.

I had to check after reading your post...

i think i'll be going for the unbound force essence, which is the rep essence.

from how it is made up, when timed perfectly, it hits 5 times with guaranteed crits with its on-use effect. and those crits do +300% of the normal damage.

it'll basically use on pull, then hold it for whenever the minor effect gives you the 70% extra crit chance, fire it during the buff for guaranteed 5 critting hits. Too bad the consecutive strikes only appear at rank3, which needs you to be exalted with the nazjatar rep.

as first minor essence, i'll be going for the m+ essence, due to my class wanting as much haste as possible and its minor effect being a stacking haste buff which will basically have 100% uptime on ST fights.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    i think i'll be going for the unbound force essence, which is the rep essence.

from how it is made up, when timed perfectly, it hits 5 times with guaranteed crits with its on-use effect. and those crits do +300% of the normal damage.

it'll basically use on pull, then hold it for whenever the minor effect gives you the 70% extra crit chance, fire it during the buff for guaranteed 5 critting hits. Too bad the consecutive strikes only appear at rank3, which needs you to be exalted with the nazjatar rep.

as first minor essence, i'll be going for the m+ essence, due to my class wanting as much haste as possible and its minor effect being a stacking haste buff which will basically have 100% uptime on ST fights.
    That "crit based essense" seems good for a bursty build in PvP seems too good to be true though. Probably will get nerfed -__- as always

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The plan is simple.

We'll all use the Worldvein Boon. We'll all partake in the glory of Lifeblood. Tell your friends to accept the Lifeblood. Lifeblood shards are love and life. They are your family now.

Lifeblood.

I've been waiting for the final draft before even looking at these since they change so much, now that i've seen them i came expecting nothing and still left disappointed, as a shadow priest these are just as utterly fucking boring and completely pointless as azerite gear, blood of the enemy is a free chorus of insanity, rest look mediocre af.
    Big woop, give me tier sets back.

They couldn't even just give crucible a class themed version so it doesn't feel utterly ridiculous to throw a fireball as anything other than a fire mage?
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-06-24 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    I've been waiting for the final draft before even looking at these since they change so much, now that i've seen them i came expecting nothing and still left disappointed, as a shadow priest these are just as utterly fucking boring and completely pointless as azerite gear, blood of the enemy is a free chorus of insanity, rest look mediocre af.
    Big woop, give me tier sets back.

They couldn't even just give crucible a class themed version so it doesn't feel utterly ridiculous to throw a fireball as anything other than a fire mage?
    PvP'ers get much more excited over customization than PvE'ers