Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    lol Philly and the Nets are thinking about swapping their unwanted toys, Harden for Simmons.

I know the Celtics haven't been great and have roster issues they need to fix, but I'm thankful Brad pulled the trigger quickly when Kemba and his contract turned into a problem, instead of dragging it out for ages, and creating potentially even more problems.
    I'm a Philly fan, so probably some bias here: If the Nets are going to lose Harden at some point, this is actually a good outcome for both teams (but would require the Sixers to give up more than just Simmons).

Simmons' talent in transition, facilitation and defense would complement the Nets nicely. Dare I say it may even make them better. And no--I don't think he's even close to Harden's overall talents as a player, but he simply fills a lot of needs for the Nets where Harden's skillset suffers from diminishing returns because of skillsets of Durant/Kyrie/etc.

Again though--maybe some Philly bias here. But I think this would be a relative win/win trade if the Nets really feel like they're just going to lose Harden anyway (big if). The tougher part for the Nets to swallow is that while this trade may (I stress may) make them better, it makes the Sixers a lot better (where now they aren't even a threat).

10+ Year Old Account
    A blowout win against the Nets with an extremely efficient Donovan Mitchell in his return. Lot of bench players looking better. Trent Forrest and Eric Paschall deserve more minutes, and should be getting them. Something a team needs after a really bad, injury-filled January. Especially doing this without Rudy Gobert still, and no Jordan Clarkson.

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I'm a Philly fan, so probably some bias here: If the Nets are going to lose Harden at some point, this is actually a good outcome for both teams (but would require the Sixers to give up more than just Simmons).

Simmons' talent in transition, facilitation and defense would complement the Nets nicely. Dare I say it may even make them better. And no--I don't think he's even close to Harden's overall talents as a player, but he simply fills a lot of needs for the Nets where Harden's skillset suffers from diminishing returns because of skillsets of Durant/Kyrie/etc.

Again though--maybe some Philly bias here. But I think this would be a relative win/win trade if the Nets really feel like they're just going to lose Harden anyway (big if). The tougher part for the Nets to swallow is that while this trade may (I stress may) make them better, it makes the Sixers a lot better (where now they aren't even a threat).
    While I think Harden on the 76ers and Simmons on the Nets is an improvement for both teams...
    I can't imagine any team seriously looking at a playoff push is going to trade for Simmons because they are going to play in the playoffs and Philly fans are going to invent a whole slew of racial slurs for Australians, black people, and Australian black people. And honestly you would be making a rival who looks like a real finals contender a lot better by giving them someone who will actually play.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    While I think Harden on the 76ers and Simmons on the Nets is an improvement for both teams...
    I can't imagine any team seriously looking at a playoff push is going to trade for Simmons because they are going to play in the playoffs and Philly fans are going to invent a whole slew of racial slurs for Australians, black people, and Australian black people. And honestly you would be making a rival who looks like a real finals contender a lot better by giving them someone who will actually play.
    Disregarding the ignorance of your comments about Philly fans and racist comments (typical uneducated take from someone who only knows what they know about Philly from the TMZ section of the media)--I agree about them making Philly a lot better part. But it all depends on what conversations are actually happening between the Nets and Harden. If he's truly going to walk--it probably is their best option.

Though I don't think Philly is a contender right now. Even with Embiid playing out of his mind, there's just no one else on the team that can pick up the slack. They're probably a 1 and done, or at best second round exit (but I'd love to be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Disregarding the ignorance of your comments about Philly fans and racist comments (typical uneducated take from someone who only knows what they know about Philly from the TMZ section of the media)--I agree about them making Philly a lot better part. But it all depends on what conversations are actually happening between the Nets and Harden. If he's truly going to walk--it probably is their best option.

Though I don't think Philly is a contender right now. Even with Embiid playing out of his mind, there's just no one else on the team that can pick up the slack. They're probably a 1 and done, or at best second round exit (but I'd love to be wrong).
    Bro... I live in NJ, I've been to WellsFargo. I'm not saying all of the fans are like that, I'm not even saying most of the fans are like that, but there are enough crappy 76ers fans that I've literally already seen this happen with Simmons last year. Hell there are interviews after the playoff game, with fans that were bordering on ugly.
    I'm not lumping you all in together, but the reputation exists for a reason and Simmons will get a nasty blunt bit of it when he returns in a different jersey.

More OT after smoothing the edges.
    I think Harden is specifically looking to explore the free agency market, I don't know how happy he would be being traded... although Philly seems like a likely destination in the off-season... if they could even take him on contract wise. It's possible Philly's best chance is to trade Simmons for him to clear the money.

I really like Simmons, but this seems dangerous for an Eastern Conference team and all upside for the 76ers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhhhhhh, trade season. So silly.

Bucks wanted to trade Donte Divencienzo to the Celtics for Dennis Schröder. Seems fair right? Milwaukee get the better playing player with a higher salary, Celtics get the worse playing player, with a lower salary that will bring them under the taxline. Both players are free agents after the season. Win/Win, right?

Except, small thing, Milwaukee also wants the Celtics to sweeten the deal with Grant Williams, our cost controlled back up big man and (this season) light's out corner 3 shooter.

Just a small thing, right? Right Celtics? Hello?

- - - Updated - - -

Pelicans apparently trading Josh Hart + picks to the Blazers for CJ McCollum.

Mark the day, people. I agreed with Bill Simmons for once. I'd rather have Hart and the picks then McCollum at his salary.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark the day, people. I agreed with Bill Simmons for once. I'd rather have Hart and the picks then McCollum at his salary.
    Man, it's even worse. Pelicans also giving up one of their young players with potential in Nickeil Alexander-Walker. Pelicans about to get hosed in this.

Worst trade suggestion since the Russel Westbrook to LA trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay:

Pelicans Acquire:

CJ McCollum
    Larry Nance
    Tony Snell

Blazers Acquire:

Josh Hart
    Nickeil Alexander-Walker
    Didi Louzada
    (1) First Round Pick
    (2) Second Round Picks

That's actually a lot more balanced than it appeared at first. Only 1 real pick. I guess NO will be happy with their return and by only giving up 1 pick.

If Portland is having a fire sale though... More moves will come. Josh Hart might not be there for long if Portland can move him for more picks.

Ahhhhhhh, trade season. So silly.

Bucks wanted to trade Donte Divencienzo to the Celtics for Dennis Schröder. Seems fair right? Milwaukee get the better playing player with a higher salary, Celtics get the worse playing player, with a lower salary that will bring them under the taxline. Both players are free agents after the season. Win/Win, right?

Except, small thing, Milwaukee also wants the Celtics to sweeten the deal with Grant Williams, our cost controlled back up big man and (this season) light's out corner 3 shooter.

Just a small thing, right? Right Celtics? Hello?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Man, it's even worse. Pelicans also giving up one of their young players with potential in Nickeil Alexander-Walker. Pelicans about to get hosed in this.

Worst trade suggestion since the Russel Westbrook to LA trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay:

Pelicans Acquire:

CJ McCollum
    Larry Nance
    Tony Snell

Blazers Acquire:

Josh Hart
    Nickeil Alexander-Walker
    Didi Louzada
    (1) First Round Pick
    (2) Second Round Picks

That's actually a lot more balanced than it appeared at first. Only 1 real pick. I guess NO will be happy with their return and by only giving up 1 pick.

If Portland is having a fire sale though... More moves will come. Josh Hart might not be there for long if Portland can move him for more picks.
    Lol, as I went down your timeline of pels-portland trade I was thinking how bad it sounded, then the full trade was shown and I did the same thing you did, it seems fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Lol, as I went down your timeline of pels-portland trade I was thinking how bad it sounded, then the full trade was shown and I did the same thing you did, it seems fair.
    Trade season is the best, especially on twitter. Overreactions and hyperbole everywhere as details trickle in and the deal's outlook changes. I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Kings gonna King. Holy shit.

Kings:

Sabonis
    Lamb
    Justin Holiday

2027 2nd rounder

Pacers:

Haliburton
    Hield
    Tristan Thompson

Pacers made out like bandits here. Unbelievable. I can only be happy that they weren;t taken advantage of by the Lakers or Sixers instead. That would have really bothered me.

- - - Updated - - -

Bradley Beal getting season ending wrist surgery. That should just about do it in Washington for Beal. I doubt Beal is still there after the offseason, cause theri repeated attempts to build around him have all failed miserably.

As a Celtics fan, this means I will now be subjected to 6 months of "TATUM AND BEAL ARE FRIENDS" and calls for the Celtics to sign him.

As a guy that's about to make 40M a year and is about to hit his 30s, and with the Celtics history with high-paid guards lately, consider me decidedly in the camp of "No thanks" on Beal to the Celtics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checkin' in on some NBA scores, and... wtf?

Have fun with that losing streak, Nets...

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, figures...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Just checkin' in on some NBA scores, and... wtf?

Have fun with that losing streak, Nets...

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, figures...

First game in weeks where I wasn't sleeping and didn't feel like the Celtics were just going to break my heart again. Fun watch. Even got to see the bench come in cold, get outplayed and then right the ship and end up even extending the lead from the starters a little.

Now we are on to the trade deadline, cause this game proved, with some 9 min of play time for every important guy on the bench, that the bench, as is, is not good enough to help the team right now. If the Celtics are serious about wanting to compete this season, they'll need to get some kind of shooting from the bench.

We'll see what Brad does. I had fun tonight at least so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem like all that long ago we were talking about Markieff Morris and his dirty hit on Jokic.

Well, his slightly younger brother was in NBA news tonight, because, well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The Morris's are also pretty well known to play dirty.
    ...yeah, that.

Marcus Morris decided to one-up big bro by essentially stiff-arm clotheslining Ja Morant on a fast break drive.

(This is a legal basketball move, right? ...right?)

Watching Ja fall here, it's a wonder he didn't get seriously hurt.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

After Westbrook's latest press conference, im fairly certain he thinks he is a Harlem globetrotter. And... I think he is pretty much untradable unless some team wants him to go play like a clown for them.

Edit:
    In all seriousness I can't rate him amongst his peers, its not even the inefficiency right now, its the decision making and extreme lack of effort, both during games and off game in the proverbial weight room, he just isn't improving anything else while he declines overall.
    He is literally a name right now, even other players who became "just names" like Albridge or Horford are still deadly dangerous if given a little space to play their games, Russ can't even play his game anymore.
    Honestly Russ ISO touches should be going to Melo, because of LeBron and AD, bigger defenders are stuck to them and Melo usually gets a smaller guy he can easily beat.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-02-09 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It doesn't seem like all that long ago we were talking about Markieff Morris and his dirty hit on Jokic.
    Interestingly enough, Markieff is still out injured after Jokic retaliation. So I guess the thought I had that he was just faking it might have been off base.

Marcus was ejected for that foul btw, and I suspect the league will give him a nice suspension for it too. Stuff like that shouldn't happen, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    knew it.

anyways Im happy with how Luka is playing. Started slow, but not we're in a groove. Kidd may not be a disaster of a coach

10+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly enough, Markieff is still out injured after Jokic retaliation. So I guess the thought I had that he was just faking it might have been off base.
    Wow, I had no idea. Can't say it upsets me much, though; dude messed with the bull and got the horns. I still don't think Jokic should have done it, and the league was right to punish it, but I'm not going to shed a tear for Morris over it.

I guess Markieff was starved for attention a month ago and tweeted out calling Jokic a "sloppy fat boy". That has to be some of the laziest, most cringe-worthy schoolyard posturing I've ever seen.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1491490204397494273

Blazers still dealin'

Jazz Acquire:
    Nickeil Alexander-Walker
    Juancho Hernangomez

Blazers Acquire:
    Joe Ingles
    Elijah Hughes
    2nd Round Pick

Spurs Acquire:
    Tomas Satoransky
    2nd Round Pick

Well it happened, Harden to the Sixers for Simmons, Curry, Drummond, and 2 first round picks.
    This is the move that should have happened last year.
    Regardless.... Seth is big for the Nets as Harris can be streaky same as Mills. Simmons, I think i mentioned in here, but any Simmons trade to an Eastern team is dangerous mainly because you might be seeing the sixers in the playoffs and well... I doubt Simmons will have a mamba mentality, especially in Philly. Maybe Nash will be a great coach for Simmons.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO. MANY. TRADES.

I don't have time to keep up right now. X.x

Celtics trading for Derrick White seems cool, especially if the long term plan is to move Smart at some point. Cost controlled, just hitting his peak, good defensively, decent shooter when not hurt and with a better supporting cast. LOTS to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the Nets got the far and above better side of that deal. No matter what you think of Simmons or Harden.

I hate everything about this trade. That’s a huge price to pay for Harden, who I hate, and I like Embiid so I don’t know how I feel about the 76ers anymore.

The nets feel like they could win 42 games and the nba championship which just sucks… they might actually prefer to not have home court in the playoffs thanks to dirtbag Kyrie.

Might work for one team or the other, I don’t know… but I hate it.