Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mass Immigration Arrests As 2020 Election Strategy

Ongoing in: 2016 was not about Economic Anxiety

2018 looks like it was a preview. Exaggeration of the "Caravan threat" by sending troops to the border. The administration is resetting their election team. Is there any other issue that motivates his base more than "immigration as a threat"?

Trump vows mass immigration arrests, removals of ‘millions of illegal aliens’ starting next week

President Trump said in a tweet Monday night that U.S. immigration agents are planning to make mass arrests starting “next week,” an apparent reference to a plan in preparation for months that aims to round up thousands of migrant parents and children in a blitz operation across major U.S. cities.
    “Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States,” Trump wrote, referring to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. “They will be removed as fast as they come in.”
    • Large-scale ICE enforcement operations are typically kept secret to avoid tipping off targets. In 2018, Trump and other senior officials threatened the mayor of Oakland, Calif., with criminal prosecution for alerting city residents that immigration raids were in the works.
    • Trump and his senior immigration adviser, Stephen Miller, have been prodding Homeland Security officials to arrest and remove thousands of family members whose deportation orders were expedited by the Justice Department this year as part of a plan known as the “rocket docket.”
    • In April, acting ICE director Ronald Vitiello and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen were ousted after they hesitated to go forward with the plan, expressing concerns about its preparation, effectiveness and the risk of public outrage from images of migrant children being taken into custody or separated from their families.

The cruelty is, of course, the point. But it is entirely appropriate. We’ve already set up the concentration camps.

Infracted for trolling (thread title baiting).
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-06-18 at 11:55 PM.

Holy moly, that's beyond hyperbole.

So is the Ethnic Cleansing actually going to happen this time? I'm still waiting after I was promised to be put to death for not being white.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trumpkins don't tend to like the word "concentration camps" when referring to the detention centers we have along the border. It's likely because concentration camp carries a certain tone and connotation with it. It's uncomfortable to say, it's uncomfortable to ADMIT that they're concentration camps. Many will call it exaggeration or hyperbole to call the camps that. And yet, that's what they are. Concentration camps.

Concentration campus used by the nazis (the undertone everyone fears) were simply detention centers for the Jews and other arrestees. People who have very little knowledge of the full history never seem to know that concentration camps were not DEATH CAMPS. No, death camps were only built late into the game. Many debate why the death camps were built, but one thing is certain: when the death camps were built, the concentration camps were far over capacity in their ability to house and feed the Jews. Many did die in concentration camps because of terrible conditions and overcrowding, but the death camps were meant specifically to kill.

So yes, we have concentration camps along the border. And it seems Trump is trying to deliver on the nationalist agenda of severely punishing the brown people that everyone hates.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Did anyone watch season 3 of Designated Survivor on Netflix yet?
    I'm getting some strong vibes from that show that matches some far right ideas.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So is the Ethnic Cleansing actually going to happen this time? I'm still waiting after I was promised to be put to death for not being white.
    You could try going and hanging around the border without any identification. I'm sure the Trump administration would realize you're a citizen and release you right away! What? You're not going to go hang out along the border because that would be stupid? I mean... it kinda proves our point.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trumpkins don't tend to like the word "concentration camps" when referring to the detention centers we have along the border. It's likely because concentration camp carries a certain tone and connotation with it. It's uncomfortable to say, it's uncomfortable to ADMIT that they're concentration camps. Many will call it exaggeration or hyperbole to call the camps that. And yet, that's what they are. Concentration camps.

Concentration campus used by the nazis (the undertone everyone fears) were simply detention centers for the Jews and other arrestees. People who have very little knowledge of the full history never seem to know that concentration camps were not DEATH CAMPS. No, death camps were only built late into the game. Many debate why the death camps were built, but one thing is certain: when the death camps were built, the concentration camps were far over capacity in their ability to house and feed the Jews. Many did die in concentration camps because of terrible conditions and overcrowding, but the death camps were meant specifically to kill.

So yes, we have concentration camps along the border. And it seems Trump is trying to deliver on the nationalist agenda of severely punishing the brown people that everyone hates.
    Were they concentration camps when Obama used them? If not, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ethnic cleansing is already happening through the use of "covered wire enclosures".

- - - Updated - - -

Sure.

Next stupid "gotcha" question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

For people with so many guns and advocating to buy so many (granted, useless) wartoys, Republicans are sure soiling themselves in fear of José the fast food worker

(What make me grins is the brainwashed using constantly the term invasion. Boy, if Americans experimented ONCE the kind of freedomization they visit on countries they don't like, they would not call that invasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    You could try going and hanging around the border without any identification. I'm sure the Trump administration would realize you're a citizen and release you right away! What? You're not going to go hang out along the border because that would be stupid? I mean... it kinda proves our point.
    Too light to be Hispanic. Next.

No, because that wasn't a part of a specific policy, unlike Trump. That was a reaction to a surge of unaccompanied minors at the border.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/09/u...on-crisis.html

And he specifically requested funds to help deal with the influx and treat the children, who were not kidnapped from their parents as a result of an intentional policy, humanely and process them quickly.

This continues to be a bad, no-good strawman. Those conditions weren't good then. And the worse conditions now are even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making everything about race seems to be your thing. Why don't you got back to stormfront .. oh was that shut down? Why don't you got back to gab .. oh was that shut down?

Anyways, rounding up people and putting them in large camps based on their ethnicity seems to fit with in the historical understanding of ethnic cleansing. Like what occurred to Native Americans.

Also since you're so historically impoverished. There's a distinction between concentration camps and death camps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too light to be Hispanic. Next.
    Don't you usually claim to be black in these threads?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, because that wasn't a part of a specific policy, unlike Trump. That was a reaction to a surge of unaccompanied minors at the border.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/09/u...on-crisis.html

And he specifically requested funds to help deal with the influx and treat the children, who were not kidnapped from their parents as a result of an intentional policy, humanely and process them quickly.

This continues to be a bad, no-good strawman. Those conditions weren't good then. And the worse conditions now are even worse.
    I really like how much of a wizard Trump has become. He magically turned these into concentration camps. Like he started the Fourth Reich lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Don't you usually claim to be black in these threads?
    I am. Still too light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Making everything about race seems to be your thing. Why don't you got back to stormfront .. oh was that shut down? Why don't you got back to gab .. oh was that shut down?

Anyways, rounding up people and putting them in large camps based on their ethnicity seems to fit with in the historical understanding of ethnic cleansing. Like what occurred to Native Americans.

Also since you're so historically impoverished. There's a distinction between concentration camps and death camps.
    So, where are the death camps? He's only got a year to get them made and start the great purge you promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am. Still too light.
    Sure Jan. Occam's Razor favors an explanation in the realm of the sort of internet sockpuppet that uses profile pictures of black people from stock photos.

But I mean, I'd believe it. Plenty of my fellow gays are terrible people and would vote Republican if the GOP wasn't actively after their guts.

I really like how much of a wizard Trump has become. He magically turned these into concentration camps. Like he started the Fourth Reich lol.
    No, you're just being wilfully ignorant and ignoring context that doesn't support your narrative. Plain and simple.

One was a reaction to an unexpected set of events, and a reaction that was sought to be properly addressed via additional funding.

The other was an intentional policy shift that was lied about repeatedly, put in place with no planning or preparation, and purely done to be hateful and punish these migrants and asylum seekers to discourage them making the trip (spoilers: if they were taking the risk to make the trip anyways this wouldn't stop them). Just like the Japanese Internment camps, also an intentional policy (though not one lied about, at least) that left people in concentration camps and threw a the lives of a whole generation of Japanese-Americans into chaos.

But I can see how you could easily confuse the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sure Jan. Occam's Razor favors an explanation in the realm of the sort of internet sockpuppet that uses profile pictures of black people from stock photos.

But I mean, I'd believe it. Plenty of my fellow gays are terrible people and would vote Republican if the GOP wasn't actively after their guts.
    I don't vote Republican. I just think people that unironically say ethnic cleansing about this are some of the most hilarious people in existence.

This is a really shitty genocide. There's so many non-white people walking free around the country.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah everybody knows that anybody who isn't a leftist is a Nazi who will start ethnic cleansing tomorrow. If it doesn't happen tomorrow then it'll be the next day, ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, you're just being wilfully ignorant and ignoring context that doesn't support your narrative. Plain and simple.

One was a reaction to an unexpected set of events, and a reaction that was sought to be properly addressed via additional funding.

The other was an intentional policy shift that was lied about repeatedly, put in place with no planning or preparation, and purely done to be hateful and punish these migrants and asylum seekers to discourage them making the trip (spoilers: if they were taking the risk to make the trip anyways this wouldn't stop them). Just like the Japanese Internment camps, also an intentional policy (though not one lied about, at least) that left people in concentration camps and threw a the lives of a whole generation of Japanese-Americans into chaos.

But I can see how you could easily confuse the two.
    No. The building is different. Just like that picture of kids in cells is different. )

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So mass importing people is key to the Democrats electoral strategy? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.