Thread: So thats it?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

So thats it?

8.2 drops wait two weeks for anything other than the same old heart grind and a new place to do very boring dailies??

sorry you expected something amazing from blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongCracker View Post
    8.2 drops wait two weeks for anything other than the same old heart grind and a new place to do very boring dailies??
    Honestly, yes. Thats about it for now. 1-2 hours a day MAX for the first while. Things will unlock in time, but if they released it all at once, ppl would complete it all within 1 month sub, unsub, and wait for 8.3. By pacing it out over 4 weeks, the ensure that the real meaty stuff doesnt come out until the very end of someones 1month sub, so they will stay subbed for at least one month.

Their official reasoning is something about pacing the content so ppl dont feel FORCED to complete it all.

You were expecting something different?

It's more than before though, but it's not a game-changer

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You were expecting something different?

It's more than before though, but it's not a game-changer
    More than what?

Again, the design philosphy of making everything easy rears its ugly head. If I was a WoW dev these days, id be pulling my hair out trying to appease the current player base.

-Make content thats hard so it lasts a while - players whine its too hard and they can't do it

-Make content thats easy so players can do it - players whine they finish it too quick and have nothing to do

WoW is fundamentally broken at a design level. The playerbase they have attracted is one that is impossible to please in a MMO setting.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

I just wish the damn place didn't have me humming "Under the sea" every time I go there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Again, the design philosphy of making everything easy rears its ugly head. If I was a WoW dev these days, id be pulling my hair out trying to appease the current player base.

-Make content thats hard so it lasts a while - players whine its too hard and they can't do it

-Make content thats easy so players can do it - players whine they finish it too quick and have nothing to do

WoW is fundamentally broken at a design level. The playerbase they have attracted is one that is impossible to please in a MMO setting.
    Well, heres a different way to look at it. Remove all time gating. The better players finish things without too much hassle, the.....not so good players have to invest more time and effort. It would require a slight adjustment for difficulty, sure, but it worked in the past, it works in other games, i see no reason it wouldnt work here. The gating is the issue. Because they create daily caps on things, they need EVERYONE to be able to easily complete all the tasks in the gated time slot.

Remove the gating, remove the need for everyone to be able to quickly complete it in a certain time frame. I agree completely that there are fundamental design philosophy issues at play.

"good" players would be more focused on raids / pvp / m+ or whatever their rostered content is - thats where the difficult content has always been. If some semi pro mythic raider wants to spend 27 hours in front of his comp to unlock flying on day 2, i just dont see any issue with that at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    welcome to every patch ever?
    a few new quests
    some dallies
    some system changes
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post

Most complaints I've seen is that there is barely anything to do as it stands. So it's the time gating that's the issue. You literally unlock a hub and get an ability for your neck. That's all I've seen done so far.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

saw it coming on ptr for 2months now lol. Sorry you didn't educate yourself by testing PTR actual content. Hopefully you didnt pay $15 to resub

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    saw it coming on ptr for 2months now lol. Sorry you didn't educate yourself by testing PTR actual content. Hopefully you didnt pay $15 to resub
    What an amazingly condescending and rude reply. I agree that the information was somewhat available to those who wanted to look for it, but games sohuld be about playing and having fun - not research and testing - thats Blizzards job.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Honestly, yes. Thats about it for now. 1-2 hours a day MAX for the first while. Things will unlock in time, but if they released it all at once, ppl would complete it all within 1 month sub, unsub, and wait for 8.3. By pacing it out over 4 weeks, the ensure that the real meaty stuff doesnt come out until the very end of someones 1month sub, so they will stay subbed for at least one month.

Their official reasoning is something about pacing the content so ppl dont feel FORCED to complete it all.
    A great many players, myself included, would actually prefer it that way.

I would pay £10 to play through 8.2's content. I will not pay £30-£50 to play that same couple hours worth of content, artificially spread over several months. Especially when it's done for no other reason than to try to get extra money out of me.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2019-06-26 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

I would pay £10 to play through 8.2's content. I will not pay £30-£50 to play that same couple hours worth of content, artificially spread over months. Especially when it's done for no other reason than to get extra money out of me.
    This. Who cares if people do all the content, let them unsub until more arrives.

Oh wait that can't happen because there's barely any other content in BFA that's worth a damn so Blizz must artificially timegate content to keep you subbed.

You people would complain it's too heavy if a gold bar was handed to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking Mechagon, but they definitely need to make the megadungeon available sooner than later. Timeless Isle-style rare hunting and building up the mounts will only keep people occupied for so long.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Most complaints I've seen is that there is barely anything to do as it stands. So it's the time gating that's the issue. You literally unlock a hub and get an ability for your neck. That's all I've seen done so far.
    But I think the simplicity of the content is a by product of catering to the lowest possible denominator. Removing challenge from the game eliminates a lot of design possibilities.

Content patches used to basically just be raids and dungeons. And at the games peak, one raid could keep the playerbase busy for 6 months. Thats cost-effective design.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

I would pay £10 to play through 8.2's content. I will not pay £30-£50 to play that same couple hours worth of content, artificially spread over several months. Especially when it's done for no other reason than to try to get extra money out of me.
    Maybe i should have been more clear - yes, i think MOST ppl would prefer it this way, but not Blizzard.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best patch ever, even better than timeless isle or anything previously. The new map is so beautifully designed and the quests are so fun that keep me staying online for hours and hours without getting bored at all. Big props for the dev team for another big achievement!

Quote Originally Posted by dproject View Post
    Best patch ever, even better than timeless isle or anything previously. The new map is so beautifully designed and the quests are so fun that keep me staying online for hours and hours without getting bored at all. Big props for the dev team for another big achievement!
    Im so glad you are enjoying it, and i am sure the dev team will read this and be stoked to see your feedback! out of interest, what content are you currently working on?