Older hard drives not being recognized in Disk management

Hi,

I recently reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd drive. This new ssd is partitioned as a GPT drive. The older drives that were partitioned as MBR partitions are not being recognized in windows 10's Disk managent app.

Any idea how I get these drives that I know are still functioning to be recognized? so that I can delete their partitions and format them as GPT also?

edit: forgot to add that the old drives are being detected in Bios
    Last edited by Teca; 2019-06-26 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a case of "being recognized" so much as "theres a problem and they aren't showing up".

First thing I would check is the cables and bios. Even if they're detected, the channel may not be enabled or something.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I don't think this is a case of "being recognized" so much as "theres a problem and they aren't showing up".

First thing I would check is the cables and bios. Even if they're detected, the channel may not be enabled or something.
    Thanks. I believe I fixed it by installing asus' sata/raid drivers instead of relying on what windows update gave me. Probably should have tried it before posting.