Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Ok my question is if you knew this would happen if you enter a country illegally why not do it legally? There has to be some deterent. There is no way the majority of the migrants are refuges. They are only coming here because where they are from they just dont like it. Not liking your conditions doesnt make you a refuge. Are they all bad people no. Should America be responsible to fix other countries problems no. I think a lot of us on the right dont believe all that is spewed about how they are rapists and drug dealers. The problem is they are an influx of voting base that isnt even American. Honestly im all for 1st generation imigrants cant vote or collect off the government. People should have to come here with a plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nobody buys that bullshit.
    I think he's trying to say that "Work will set them free".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Unlike the concentration camps of old

they are free to leave anytime they want.
    What they just leave the doors open for people to walk out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Ok my question is if you knew this would happen if you enter a country illegally why not do it legally? There has to be some deterent. There is no way the majority of the migrants are refuges. They are only coming here because where they are from they just dont like it. Not liking your conditions doesnt make you a refuge. Are they all bad people no. Should America be responsible to fix other countries problems no. I think a lot of us on the right dont believe all that is spewed about how they are rapists and drug dealers. The problem is they are an influx of voting base that isnt even American. Honestly im all for 1st generation imigrants cant vote or collect off the government. People should have to come here with a plan.
    1) These are asylum seekers. They are presenting themselves at the US border and requesting asylum as is the law, that the US is keeping them in concentration camps is solely a function of cruelty.

2) "Majority aren't refugees?" [Citation Needed]

3) The US is largely responsible for the conditions creating these migrants owing to decades of interference in Latin American affairs and keeping them in a state of economic subjection through various trade agreements.

4) They can't vote. Stop lying.

Also, Castro has a plan for how to address this problem permanently.

Decriminalise undocumented entry into the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Something something "it's the democrats fault for making America look so appealing"

Trump apologists are unable to deal with the reality of the horrible things their support has wrought. They will bend in whatever ways possible to deflect or blame others for Trump's shitty decisions and leadership because they, like him, cannot admit wrongdoing.
    I heard that from some NY stooge on the radio yesterday. Facts are, no matter what you do America will always look more appealing that a 3rd world shithole many of these immigrants are coming from. The other fact is Trump has done this all on his own. When he campaigned on being tough border crossings slowed down even more from what they were already(10 year low), For almost 2 years from the campaign through his first year as president. Then with the lack of doing anything, and immigrants realizing he is just full of hot air, they came in droves.

Same thing with NK and Iran. They see he is a dog with no bite and that is why shit is escalating with them. If Trump was 1/100 the leader he thinks he is none of this would have happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

2) "Majority aren't refugees?" [Citation Needed]
    FOX News. Obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    More ignorance coming from the conservative braintrust. You would risk life and limb to come to the US, fleeing corruption and violent crime wholly due to US illicit drug demand.

They are doing exactly what your ancestors did. Now sit down and educate yourself more, and let the adults solve these problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

My grandfather came here with no idea or program on how to support himself, he stole food and other items from businesses when they closed overnight. He went to jail obviously but in jail he was able to learn how to frame houses and learning building skills, when he got out of jail he was about to undercut other builders to secure himself a middle class lifestyle while pushing out other Americans of that sector due to him understanding how bad life could be while people here were used to a specific lifestyle. Jail gave my grandfather a skill that he was able to become a productive member of society. He never collected Social Security or other governmental aid programs or even voted.

The example of "The Pound" that was one of those, that had absolutely none of the necessities for care you'd even find in a pound for dogs, yet having humans stuck there, is still fresh in my memory. It's a disgrace to our whole country.

That concentration camps are even on the frame of reference for what we're dealing with should say that the situation can, and should, be improved.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-06-29 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    I'd really like to see the chain of how this happened in this country in 2019.
    America was founded.
    A couple hundred years and some change later we have a bunch of stupid people that vote against their own interests.
    Trump is elected.
    Stupidity for 4-8 years occurs.

That's how.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    I think they're economic refugees looking for jobs.

They're exploiting the asylum process so that they can get into the country.

Maybe, maybe there are like 5 of the 144,000 they arrested in May that have a legit asylum claim.
    Good, then when they go through the process then it's all alright. Unfortunately it takes upwards of a decade to get your case seen because there's next to no one compared to the asylum claims.

You really don't get this, do you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Being granted asylum doesn't also grant you citizenship.

But I'm sure you knew that and you're just looking to whinge about "lefists" as usual.
    Watch out, you're wishing "harm" again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I guess it's time for a capitalist solution.

Bank of America just announced they would no longer do business with companies that run concentration camps. That's going to hurt.
    The fact that something like this has to be done is fucking astounding. These are things no one should have to do and yet here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhuh, I'm sure that entire families are staying there because of the amenities and service and they can't leave because the camps are just too good to leave.

If you believe that then I have a set of magic jumping beans to sell you.

At least you admitted these are concentration camps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What they just leave the doors open for people to walk out?
    Replace Canadians with these folks and you end up with the "Happy Camps".

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

You know that isn't true, right?

This is a policy of mandatory detention put in place by Jeff Sessions - ie, these people are being held for trial. So no, they can't just leave lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You know that isn't true, right?

This is a policy of mandatory detention put in place by Jeff Sessions - ie, these people are being held for trial. So no, they can't just leave lol.
    I think he meant the kids.

"Hey, kids, I know your parents are locked up and will face trial in a few months or maybe 6 years, but they're not being released until they face trial. You're not being held here, though! You're free to leave any time a recognized guardian shows up to take custody of you. What's that? Both your guardians are detained here? Tough nuts. Call your grandparents. What's that, they're dead/don't have a phone/you don't have money for the call/don't know their number because you're 4? Awww, shucks. That's a shame. Get back in your fucking cage, rat."

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    America was founded.
    A couple hundred years and some change later we have a bunch of stupid people that vote against their own interests.
    Trump is elected.
    Stupidity for 4-8 years occurs.

That's how.
    As much as i'd love to just blame this crisis on one person, whether it's Trump or not, that isn't the answer. This situation is a monumental fuck up on every single level in our country, and it has been for decades. Conditions in those detainment facilities have been in the gutter since forever, and no one cared about it until now because the media wants to pin it on Trump. They spent months calling this a manufactured crisis, and now they're doing the exact opposite, calling it a crisis and wondering why no one is doing anything about it. Except there have been people trying for years to do things about it both republican and democrat, and they have been shut down over and over and over again. Trump just happens to be the captain at the head of this shit ship currently, but many captains before him have led a horrible institution of porous border policy before him. Both sides of our government need to be locked into a room and not allowed out until they've figured this crisis out. It's a travesty that it has gone on this long, and the American people are sick to death of it. And, the people on the border who are legitimately trying to find better lives are the ones suffering for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.