Thread: steam sale

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing realy. I did notice that x4 foundations is on sale tho (if someone is in space game). I did put Octopath traveler on wishlist in hope i get it for free on pc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing.

Even if the games were free, I wouldn't probably get anything. I'm getting old or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Probably won't end up buying anything this year. I still have so many unplayed games sitting in my library anyways. I may pick up Alan Wake for $4.50 just because I never played it but I can almost guarantee it will go unplayed.

That $2 Sleeping Dogs is a killer deal for anyone who never played it. Solid game.
    Get Alan Wake if you can, even if it is the full price, it is a great game!

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nothing.

Even if the games were free, I wouldn't probably get anything. I'm getting old or something.

You are never too old for a good game my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Oh, I got that game in the monthly. It looked interesting. I will have to try it then.
    make sure to get the dlc -- there are some really deep moral decisions to make as you progress further into the Single City Run.

Don't want to spoil it but I just came out of a game and was like Holy Shit...the game actually went there!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    make sure to get the dlc -- there are some really deep moral decisions to make as you progress further into the Single City Run.
    I usually dont get DLCs until after I've done a playthrough, unless you think its important for my first playthrough?

Edit: also which DLCs? It looks like there's a few.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up:
    My Friend Pedro (Didn't go on any more sale than it was)
    Slime Rancher (50% off)
    Risk of Rain 2 (no sale)

So yeah, that uhm.. Wasn't the best sale for me.
    At least the minigame is basically free steam levels if you pump points into the badge

Not bought any game most games are kinda meh or i have them :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I picked up:
    My Friend Pedro (Didn't go on any more sale than it was)
    I have had no less than four people link me to that because of the banana in the art/slogan*. Is it any good? What is the banana about? PLEASE EXPLAIN.

*I have a tactical banana. I am very delighted with it. I keep telling everyone about it, which is why they thought of me when they saw the game. I obviously have a problem. But do I also need to have a new game?

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    What game do you recommend?
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Beautiful game.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had no less than four people link me to that because of the banana in the art/slogan*. Is it any good? What is the banana about? PLEASE EXPLAIN.

*I have a tactical banana. I am very delighted with it. I keep telling everyone about it, which is why they thought of me when they saw the game. I obviously have a problem. But do I also need to have a new game?
    Best to try this so you get the general idea what the game is abauth:
    https://www.crazygames.com/game/my-friend-pedro
    (this is flash it was based off)

New one is improved much much more.

Also you can save gifs:

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's rather fun. The best way I can explain it would be to call it "Twitch-bait". It requires very little skill and you look super cool. There's a flash version out on the internet if you want a quick demo, they basically play the same.

About the banana: It's a banana. That's called Pedro. It's your friend. That's all the explanation given

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That $2 Sleeping Dogs is a killer deal for anyone who never played it. Solid game.
    Thanks for the heads up!

On topic: Till now, Portal 1&2, Sleeping Dogs. Still eyeing a few DLCs to some games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually dont get DLCs until after I've done a playthrough, unless you think its important for my first playthrough?

Edit: also which DLCs? It looks like there's a few.
    Having access to some of the equipment/vehicles makes a difference. Also it adds new random 911 calls/events.

I'd just grab it all -- for $5 you really can't go wrong.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a little of the 911 game last night. It's impressively well done with a lot of depth. Unfortunately, I think it might be a little bit too management-y for me. I like the concept of answering calls, dealing with incidents, and having to make difficult choices in situations but I really don't like having to micromanage a bunch of people and equipment and whatnot. If it was just sending out the vehicles and deciding what gets priority, etc, it would probably be fine but the whole extra layer of staff and equipment and finances I think is too much. I can appreciate having that level of complexity and control, but I think I would personally enjoy the game more if I didn't have to worry about that stuff. If there were mods to customise the level of control/manage you had to do I would probably play this game to death.

BTW, here's the game we're talking about if anyone else is interested: https://store.steampowered.com/app/503560/911_Operator/ The DLCs are also all on sale but you can just buy the complete edition for $5 (like a dollar more than the base game on sale) and get everything in one swoop. If you don't already have it from the HB Monthly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I think it's rather fun. The best way I can explain it would be to call it "Twitch-bait". It requires very little skill and you look super cool.
    Well I do have very little skill and could probably stand to look cool occasionally...

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    BTW, here's the game we're talking about if anyone else is interested: https://store.steampowered.com/app/503560/911_Operator/ The DLCs are also all on sale but you can just buy the complete edition for $5 (like a dollar more than the base game on sale) and get everything in one swoop. If you don't already have it from the HB Monthly anyway.
    Lol @ the top comment in steam:

"If you arm police with rifles, they will almost kill the suspect.
    If you arm police with guns, they will almost kill the suspect.
    If you arm police with batons, they will almost kill the suspect.
    If you arm police with shock pistols, they will almost kill the suspect.
    If you arm police with pepper spray, they will almost kill the suspect.
    If you arm police with nothing, the suspect will almost kill them.
    I also once managed to electrocute a person by telling them to put a wet blanket over their burning toaster.

I had fun!"
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jurassic Park
    ESO
    American Trucker (I'm weird. Like the European one. Always wanted the American one but nowhere near retail price)

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a couple DLCs for little indie games I like and that's about it. Most of the stuff on my wishlist is barely on sale, or not on sale at all (or not out yet).

The sale actually started on the 25th so it's been going awhile already. As usual, though, everything was broken and timing out on the first day. It seems to be going okay for me now though.
    for awhile the steam workshop kept 502ing on me yesterday. was trying to download maps for dungeon keeper.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bae View Post
    Frostpunk is worth every penny
    Yeah, I decided to go with Frostpunk. I've had it on my wishlist and been curious about it for a while, and you're not the first person to tell me it's worth the money. Gonna have to wait a few minutes for the download, but I'm pretty excited. I'm all about city building games and love the post-apocalyptic snow/ice theme.

I may still grab a really cheap game or two before this is all over, but I'm probably gonna stop there.

Bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Darksiders III.
    Only played Tome Raider but it's really good, much better then part 2 imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellforce 3 and expansion. It's not bad, it's sort of RPG/RTS hybrid. I'd love it to be less RTS, tbh, but it's OK.