Thread: Good pens

Good pens

So what do you guys think about good pens? the nice ones that can cost hundreds of dollars. I found one on the ground when i was at university and it was nice but I can't see myself actually spending money on one.

Do you guys have one? If you do which one do you have?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Clip Clicks got like 5 packs of 8, like $1 each. They get the job done. They even write upside down.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Honestly, I don't like pens that much. I personally go all Japanese and use a 0.5 mechanical with nano-diamond lead by mitsubishi HB, it writes similar to an American or German 2b pencil.

With a Pentel geargraph 1000

A monograph tombow shaker:

and of course a rOrting:

When I use a pen I generally use signo 207s

Last edited by Themius; 2019-06-28 at 08:52 PM.

Whatever merch I can grab works just fine for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a poor investment considering the rate at which I misplace these things.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Oldest daughter thought I needed one, so I count it as a nice gift and use it when signing something that kind of stage dressing fits. Nothing terribly fancy, just a basic Montblanc.

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

My nan gave me her Parker pen when I went on to college, though it didn't get much use in the age of laptops it was a very nice pen. It flowed smooth across the paper.

But there a bit like pocket watches, there a luxury item nowadays with little practical, and often come across to over stated for today's current fashion. If classy ever roles back in then it might be more useful than just a center on my table.

Never been upset with my Fisher Space Pen. Fairly inexpensive and works to that last drop of ink....in space if need be.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

One taken from a hotel does the job...

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Oldest daughter thought I needed one, so I count it as a nice gift and use it when signing something that kind of stage dressing fits. Nothing terribly fancy, just a basic Montblanc.

That looks like the one I found on the ground when I was at university.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    One taken from a hotel does the job...
    Was going to say a good pen is a stolen pen.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Aside from aestatics who needs one? The day of the pen and paper should be long gone. Its wastefull and inefficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a waste of money. I've been using the Precise V5 for a few years now. It's my favorite and hardly costs anything.

The really expensive pens are just a status symbol to some people. That being said you won't catch me using super cheap pens either, they can be garbage. You can get some really nice ones for around $1 - $2 each that work as well as any $100+ ones. The only reasonable excuse for spending more than that is if you need one of those ones that can write upside down or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game
    That looks like the one I found on the ground when I was at university.
    They're a good, basic pen. Somewhat pricey, but that's the market they cater to. I enjoy it as a gift from my daughter but even when I was in practice I had little patience for that kind of thing -- the same for fancy watches. My tastes are simple and I'd rather spend my money on good shoes or decent tailoring (with ties an unavoidable evil to be purchased as needed).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Whatever it takes to get the job done.

15+ Year Old Account
    No pen is going to improve my handwriting of a 9 year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    and of course a rOrting:

+1 on the Rotring. I use a 2mm one for work and it's an excellent mechanical pencil.

Years ago I got hooked on these:

They're not expensive or anything but just feel "right".