Combo points on target + personal resorce display

Hi

So usually I just have combo points on my target NAMEPLATE, as I mostly PvP and can track debuffs + combopoints etc at the same time but due to the release of 8.2 I'm having to do PvE where mobs sometimes are huge and the combo points therefore arent visible above the targets nameplate. That resulted in me activating them on my personal resource display, which is annoying to me when im doing world pvp now.

Any way I can have CP both above enemy name plates and in my personal resource display without downloading an addon (thinking maybe a script)?

Hope you can help.

Kind regards
    Wheelz

7+ Year Old Account
    You're able to attach Weakaura to your personal combat display, or you could just have a regular CP WA, that shows while also on targeted (what I do).
    Last edited by Rockford; 2019-06-30 at 09:55 AM.

I used Nugscombo Bars for years but the fucking moron recently changed the addon and removed the possibility of setting up the combo points how I liked them, because he said he was getting complaints about people making the combo points too big/removing the FUGLY particle glows from them.

If you like how they look (I fucking don't, fuck you Nug you god damned idiot) then it's a good addon to have your combo points where ever you want on the screen, you just have to be cool with having gaudy glowing balls instead of nice solid colors.

Seriously though fuck Nug he's a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I used Nugscombo Bars for years but the fucking moron recently changed the addon and removed the possibility of setting up the combo points how I liked them, because he said he was getting complaints about people making the combo points too big/removing the FUGLY particle glows from them.

If you like how they look (I fucking don't, fuck you Nug you god damned idiot) then it's a good addon to have your combo points where ever you want on the screen, you just have to be cool with having gaudy glowing balls instead of nice solid colors.

Thanks for that. I didn't update that addon for a long time. Good to know.

Ever considered modifying the addon to your taste instead of pointlessly ranting and swearing?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Ever considered modifying the addon to your taste instead of pointlessly ranting and swearing?
    Ever considered learning how to read, bud?

Nug changed the ability to modify the addon. He limited how large the combo points could be sized to as well as completely removing the ability to make the combo points a solid color, thus making it impossible to change it to how I had it before.

If you're going to try to be smug, you need to at least make sure you're right. Kind of rule number 1, dude.

Ever considered learning how to read, bud?

Nug changed the ability to modify the addon. He limited how large the combo points could be sized to as well as completely removing the ability to make the combo points a solid color, thus making it impossible to change it to how I had it before.

If you're going to try to be smug, you need to at least make sure you're right. Kind of rule number 1, dude.
    Because rewriting the code is hard, eh, kiddo? If you're trying to be smugger than me, at least make an effort.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Because rewriting the code is hard, eh, kiddo? If you're trying to be smugger than me, at least make an effort.
    Yeah buddy, don't ever complain or get angry at an addon author who makes stupid changes for stupid reasons, because after all I could just make my OWN addon man we should never get angry at anything because the obvious answer is just MAKE OUR OWN THING.

Jesus Fucking christ. Rarely has someone deserved an ignore more than you. Good riddance.

Yeah buddy, don't ever complain or get angry at an addon author who makes stupid changes for stupid reasons, because after all I could just make my OWN addon man we should never get angry at anything because the obvious answer is just MAKE OUR OWN THING.

Jesus Fucking christ. Rarely has someone deserved an ignore more than you. Good riddance.
    2 posts and you're done? Must be a new record of mine.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Making your own WA for combo points is absolutely trivial. It doesn't need any coding skills or deep knowledge of WA, you just put them together how you like them and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Making your own WA for combo points is absolutely trivial. It doesn't need any coding skills or deep knowledge of WA, you just put them together how you like them and roll.
    Except as far as I know I can't get them quite how I want them with WeakAura, either. If there's a way to go into deeper customizability and make them the exact shapes/sizes/colors/etc I want, then that would be a good answer.

Except as far as I know I can't get them quite how I want them with WeakAura, either. If there's a way to go into deeper customizability and make them the exact shapes/sizes/colors/etc I want, then that would be a good answer.
    WA is just like playing with Lego, really, you just select the pieces you like and put them together as you please. The under-the-hood mechanics are as simple as putting in 1, 2, 3... into predefined fields. You don't need any coding knowledge for that. Importing textures into WA is also very easy. You can google how to do it, and get any shape or size or color in that you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    WA is just like playing with Lego, really, you just select the pieces you like and put them together as you please. The under-the-hood mechanics are as simple as putting in 1, 2, 3... into predefined fields. You don't need any coding knowledge for that. Importing textures into WA is also very easy. You can google how to do it, and get any shape or size or color in that you would like.
    I use WeakAuras, yes. But from what I found, making my own combo point tracker in the style I had set up with Nugs was not easy to do.

Use WeakAuras wonderful