Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    6000/12000 on both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is there such a large discrepancy between people, some are already flying and some are still several thousand points away from revered. Where is this thousands of rep coming from?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Why is there such a large discrepancy between people, some are already flying and some are still several thousand points away from revered. Where is this thousands of rep coming from?
    killing all the rares each day vs. just doing the world quests and occasional rares.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've played a few hours everyday but no more. I'm about a nostril hair into honored with both

The ones who have only done simple dailies and WQs have a bit into honored or near honored now I think.

The ones who have spent bunch of extra time farming the "events", rares, etc. are ahead, some already even hit revered. I tried to do this but it's so insanely boring I much rather just wait few extra days. I mean what the hell is the rush to get flying when there isn't really anywhere to fly to anyway.

from them spending 10 hours a day farming rares.

+ them clearing all legendary pet battles. and daily pet battles quests.

its basicly whether you have work and life of spend 24/7 in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Barely even started. What's the rush of unlocking flying on two continents I already thoroughly quested and explored? I'm going to be mostly on Mechagon and Nazjatar now anyway, and I'm not clear but flying aren't even allowed on those, right?
    I guess it will be hard to participate in a mass activity without flying mount. I mean don't forget it is an epic battle for Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    The ones who have only done simple dailies and WQs have a bit into honored or near honored now I think.

The ones who have spent bunch of extra time farming the "events", rares, etc. are ahead, some already even hit revered. I tried to do this but it's so insanely boring I much rather just wait few extra days. I mean what the hell is the rush to get flying when there isn't really anywhere to fly to anyway.
    Flying over the heads of the unwashed masses while looking down on them in disdain is one of the most pure and wholesome joys that someone can experience in this game. Don't miss out on your chance!

6500/12000 unshackled and 4000/12000 rustbolt. I just do the dailies and rares I come across on the way. No grinding for me but I'm getting there.
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

15+ Year Old Account
    A bit over 7K with both. Pet Battles and Emissary helped a ton.

9/12k Rustbolt, should be done (or nearly done) after today,
    5.9/12k Unshackled.

I guess by the next weekend I'll be able to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Many don't know they can get an additional 300 rep per day by going to alternate future Mechagon and spend 10mins there (wait for someone to call the Rusty Prince being up).
    Unfortunately, many people missed out on getting the blueprint for the personal time displacer (only available during the chromie quest last week) and have no choice but to wait until she shows up again.

We had a weekend. You can play longer in the weekend.
    Most of the additional rep people have is not from repeatable sources. The only thing beyond dailies/wqs you can do repeatably is the Naz'jatar bodyguard turnins. I'm over 11k with Waveblade Ankoan and I have killed the coral ancients just twice each (and not Anemonar since I couldn't manage to kite that ray) and got 2-3 more items just by doing the dailies.

People are just losing a lot of easy rep because they don't know how to get it. Many don't know they can get an additional 300 rep per day by going to alternate future Mechagon and spend 10mins there (wait for someone to call the Rusty Prince being up). Many don't know that constructing the Kegerator and the Gramophone, two common drops from fairly common rares are worth 500 rep each. Many don't know that doing the legendary pet battles, which require 5 battle pets for all of them is worth 3000 naz'jatar and 600 mechagon rep. And far more don't know how to spawn specific rares.

Both Naz'jatar and Mechagon are not transparent as zones on how they work and how you can get the most out of them. Of course people who just showed up and expected everything to be obvious failed at this grind.
    !!! Thank you for the info, I'll have flying by Thursday probably now!!!
    -
    I am honestly plesently surprised by the intricacies and difficulties of the rep grind. So many ways to speed it up. I honestly expected 3 weeks minimum with trash and rares that get one shot with nothing granting extra rep.

Waveblade Ankoan 1075/12000
    Rustbolt Resistance 3600/6000

Played 3 days, so I guess a couple of weeks since I can't play everyday.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I logged out last night:

10,450 / 12,000 Unshackled
    7,250 / 12,000 Rustbolt

I missed a lot on Mech yesterday due to getting on late and having raid. Still got the bulk done; but didn’t do alternate timeline or the profession turn in.

I’ll be flying Thursday at the latest.

10+ Year Old Account
    2335/6000 Ankoan
    0 Rustbolt

Did not get to play Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday, so I'm a little behind.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean the 4 rares that drop the most valuable item for Naz'jatar rep are the Coral Ancients. One needs you to charm a critter with a local item and bring it to the rare, one needs you to buy a pet for pearls from a vendor in the middle of nowhere and the other two requires you to kite a mob and kill it in front of them, in one case a mob that is only really available by using a glider, which you'll have to kite for a fair while and which can easily kill a geared tank.
    Not just a glider, but a DoT class at that. And one that can apply/reapply mid-glide. Once on the ground it’s an easy kite. The issue is getting the ray down. It’ll leash if it’s not hit (directly or via a DoT) frequently.

Just did it! Had to do 3 pet battles to clear the Unshackled requirement but I got it a lot faster than I though I would.