Thread: LFR's COS`

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

LFR's COS`

Has anyone been able to successfully complete LFR's COS? I have tried for a few days now to do it and it seems to be a wipefest. I've given up after 4 stacks. It just seems damn near impossible to do it.

Good that may incentivize you to find a Normal/HC/Mythic guild and actually do it with them.
    Raid Mains: Warlock / Warrior
    M+ Main/s: DH / Rogue
    Active alts: Druid /Monk / Mage

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta push beyond those 4 stacks then!

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Good that may incentivize you to find a Normal/HC/Mythic guild and actually do it with them.
    Or play something else.

Try to guess which one is the more popular choice.

It's an LFR where someone's going to have to explain what to do twice - once before a wipe, and once after people see what's going on. You have to put up with a few wipes, that's just the way it's built.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how I have a busy schedule with school & real life, doing LFR when I can seems to be my only option. My guild raids on days I'm not available and I'm not looking for another guild since I've been with this one since Cata. Being able to do LFR means I can get halfway decent gear and see content on MY time and not have to be a burden to others.

Nope, tried on a few occasions a couple of weeks after it opened up, groups were getting nowhere, haven't been back since.

But that's ok - WQs/emissaries/warfronts give way better rewards than LFR now, and if I really want to see the raid I'll return in the next xpac and solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfully complete LFR's COS? I have tried for a few days now to do it and it seems to be a wipefest. I've given up after 4 stacks. It just seems damn near impossible to do it.
    Did it for the first time today. I have skipped this raid entirely and went in mostly blind, but way over geared for it. We wiped twice on the last boss, than easily killed it. I have seen plenty of LFR bosses hit the cap for the wipe buff though, while frustrating 4 wipes isn't much when so many are completely unaware of what is going on. It doesn't help when people assume wipes are coming and just fail a few pulls to stack the buff up higher.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I did them on my Guardian earlier today.

Explained everything, only wiped like 2 times each boss.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

No thank u lfr ftw!

Seeing how I have a busy schedule with school & real life, doing LFR when I can seems to be my only option. My guild raids on days I'm not available and I'm not looking for another guild since I've been with this one since Cata. Being able to do LFR means I can get halfway decent gear and see content on MY time and not have to be a burden to others.
    that also comes with having to deal with less skilled players. there isn't a fix for this kind of issue. it's a simple matter of make time for those raids, find another group that fits your raid times, deal with lfr groups not performing to your standards and power through it, or just don't use lfr. i've gotten a couple runs of lfr cos done but those were around release so i didn't have an entire group of people who wouldn't listen. i wouldn't even think of trying now cause the only 3 types of people in there are lesser skilled players, players carrying friends, and people who don't have/won't make time for higher difficulty raids.

the max is 4 stacks?

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a schedule that prevents me from raiding in any kind of regular way yet I have accomplished plenty using the premade group finder tool; I haven't stepped into LFR since WoD. Normal mode CoS runs are listed regularly. I tend to not do normal modes more than once, or ever, but I do plenty of heroic and mythic runs. I've had plenty of good experiences with both heroic and mythic groups via that tool.

Lol, look at this casual. I've been 7 and 8 stacks on Archimonde and KJ. I haven't even done CoS once on lfr cause there is no need but, Get On My Level.

In all seriousness, there's better ways to play that isn't LFR. If you really need the chieve then just suck it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima ratio View Post
    the max is 4 stacks?
    No its 10 but 4 stacks is the highest I've seen in COS because groups fall apart after the third one from what I've been seeing. The one I got 4 stacks in was a raid I was in for 2 1/2 hours because we'd wipe, lose 1/4 to 1/2 of the raid, wipe again, lose another 1/4 to 1/2 of the raid, and kept going on until the 4th stack with a wipe and I just left because we weren't progressing after 2 1/2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Lol, look at this casual. I've been 7 and 8 stacks on Archimonde and KJ. I haven't even done CoS once on lfr cause there is no need but, Get On My Level.

In all seriousness, there's better ways to play that isn't LFR. If you really need the chieve then just suck it up.
    I've done with 7-10 stacks in Archi & KJ back then too. In COS the 4 stacks one I did was on the first boss and was after 2 1/2 hours being in there.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

I've done a 10-stacks Garrosh Hellscream back in the days, the fight still lasted 20+ minutes, he was in Enrage for like 7-8 minutes but he didn't deal any damage so that was fine. There was an obviously terrific lack of DPS.

Good ol' days

I've given up after 4 stacks.
    Omg ! 4 stacks ! Omg F O U R !

Its called looking for raid, if you quit so easily you didnt look for raid but for an easy win xd ( Took me couple tries aswell )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Omg ! 4 stacks ! Omg F O U R !

Its called looking for raid, if you quit so easily you didnt look for raid but for an easy win xd ( Took me couple tries aswell )
    I didn't leave because it got to 4 stacks. I've done other LFR in the past that have gotten up to the 10 max. I left because in a raid with ZERO trash (at least as far as I know since I've never got past the first boss) I was in there for over 2 1/2 hours and we weren't progressing at all and each wipe we'd lose 1/4 to 1/2 of the raid and then have to wait forever to get full again.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's incredible when LFR players don't do normal/heroic raids and spend way more time on those failed attempts more time than their higher alternative.

From what i've found doing normal generally takes less time than LFR simply because even though most people who do normal don't know what they're doing, most people who do LFR really have no clue. Also, queue times for LFR are waaaaaaaaaaay longer than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillerina View Post
    Also, queue times for LFR are waaaaaaaaaaay longer than normal.
    Because there is no reason to do LFR, and if it's going to stay as is they should just nix it from the game. The gear is worthless compared to WQ stuff and there isn't legion legos to keep people doing them. End result is people do them the week they open get achiev and bounce, people that already do normal or higher have no reason to do them at all.

They really need to just merge normal and LFR into 1 difficulty. Allow it to be both queable(by wing) and done as a pre made and call it a day. As it is current LFR is bloat and a waste of game space, nobody cares about it anymore and it only stayed on life support in legion thanks to legiondaries.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-06-24 at 07:47 AM.