Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

The sort of event it would take to unite the Elves...?

Hypothetical scenario, what sort of event would it take to unite the elves into one faction?

I'm not sure blizzardi s capable of writing something glorious or incredible .. they are much better at disaster, which is easy to give. But seeing how botched the High King thing fell.. I wonder. Still it is possible, all it takes is vision and creativity to make it happen.

I was watching Aquaman, and I thought to myself, the elves are like the Atlanteans, one hugely advanced kingdom, when a disaster hits, and you have several groups emerge from it.

the way aquaman was written was incredible to have one person , emerge and eventually able to unite the 7 kingdoms of Atlantis, and lead as ocean master.. the equivalent would be a successor to Queen Azshara. I guess they could emulate what happened there it would be amazing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If every other non-Elven race were to gradually inherit or espouse anti-Elven sentiment (perhaps all of them being blamed for the actions that led to the first Legion invasion, perhaps) I would imagine it could lead to consolidation and unification of the disparate Elven kingdoms and groups. A single figurehead wouldn't do it as the various kingdoms have had too long apart, as well as too much acrimony, and wouldn't deign to recognize the authority of an outsider as a ruler.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hmmm what sort of event ? I dunno, maybe something like "Ravenmoons 1000 thread about elves" ? You know that thing about making origami cranes and your wish coming true ? Something like that.

I could see that happening as far as the Thalassian elves as concerned. Mainly due to the fact that the Ren'dorei under Alleria's rule seek to bring Silvermoon back into the Alliance, and if that happened the three Thalassian races could reunite at long last. Magister Umbric also prays that the Blood Elves will see the right path again.

But the unification does not have to be through strength of arms, it can be peaceful as well. So if the two factions cease to exist the Thalassian elves can reunite without having to fight in a warfront.

Something cool I noticed is that the Thalassian elves sort of reunited again in Telogrus Rift, where we can see High Elf and Blood Elf scholars living together under the Void Elves. That is very interesting and heartwarming.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-07-19 at 01:56 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If every other non-Elven race were to gradually inherit or espouse anti-Elven sentiment (perhaps all of them being blamed for the actions that led to the first Legion invasion, perhaps) I would imagine it could lead to consolidation and unification of the disparate Elven kingdoms and groups. A single figurehead wouldn't do it as the various kingdoms have had too long apart, as well as too much acrimony, and wouldn't deign to recognize the authority of an outsider as a ruler.
    That is pretty much the only possible situation that would lead to major re-configuring of Elven loyalties to current political entities. It is also debatable whether such a Pan-Elven alliance would actually be powerful enough to defend all the lands inhabited by Elf populations. Elf lands are scattered, logistics of such a alliance would be a nightmare.

Joining forces to save a world tree. I can't see the night elves wanting to join forces if it's not for their interests above all else

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodenbog View Post
    That is pretty much the only possible situation that would lead to major re-configuring of Elven loyalties to current political entities. It is also debatable whether such a Pan-Elven alliance would actually be powerful enough to defend all the lands inhabited by Elf populations. Elf lands are scattered, logistics of such a alliance would be a nightmare.
    I think it is exceedingly unlikely a pan-Elven alliance would be powerful to defend its lands at all, really; especially if all the other sentient races of Azeroth were arrayed against them for some reason. Perhaps if they consolidated in a new homeland altogether, but it seems unlikely the other nations would allow that in the speculative context I've made above.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They are in 3 distinct locations.. not that scattered.

1. North Western Kalimdor - from Feralas to hyjal/Azshara

2. Broken Isles - from Broken shore/Thal'dranath to Val'sharah

3. Quel'thalas

Each location potentially has great power.

Kalimdor - has the Well of Etenrity and Nordrassil world tree
    Broken isles - has Shaladrassil and the Nightwell (which could be reingired and purified possible renamed the Starwell
    Quel'thalas - has the Sunwell and the Ban'dinoriel

If the elves employed their defences they could hold on for re-enformecent sfrom any of the other groups to come.

They have telemnacy teleportation
    Arcane portal networks
    Emerald dream transportation capabilities
    Void gates too

that's 4 teleportation means to rapidly bring re-enforcements. They have enough power to defend themselves, not sure if they have enough to launch attacks though.. but none of the elven groups and factions are conquest minded. they prefer to be left a lone and do their thing.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I can only speak for the blood elves... let's see what the other elves did wrong to them. It doesn't matter, what the truth is, but how it is perceived by the blood elves:

Night elves: they banished the ancestors from their Homeland and considered their way of life wrong. Well, let's start with a humble apology... but in the end, the night elves would need to subordinate themselves.

High elves: the high elves turned from their People and Country. The name blood elves was taken to honor the fallen and the victims of the scourge. The high elves dishonored that. They would have to make up for it.

Nightborne: They're fine. We work together already.

Void elves: They were ordered not to continue the research of Dar'kahn Drathir. They did it anyway and were banished from Silvermoon for that. Afterwards, they committed treason and aligned themselves with the Alliance. I guess they need properly prosecuted.
    Last edited by Naramag; 2019-07-19 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As mention by Aucald it would take a lot of all the other races of Azeroth blaming the elven people in general for the incursion of legion and out right hostility directed at them. I'll say enough death and blame would make them open up a lot more to each other. I remember when legion came out and the data mined suramar stuff had a lot of people thinking that the elves were giving unification a chance, I wish blizz hadn't made Tyrande such irrational bitch.

I think it is exceedingly unlikely a pan-Elven alliance would be powerful to defend its lands at all, really; especially if all the other sentient races of Azeroth were arrayed against them for some reason. Perhaps if they consolidated in a new homeland altogether, but it seems unlikely the other nations would allow that in the speculative context I've made above.
    Quel'Thalas would be by far the best location for the all Elven populace to move to, in such a situation. They would have far more defensible terrain configuration compared to Kalimdor and Suramar. Defending all three Elven homelands would be extremely hard, if not downright impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quel'Thalas would be by far the best location for the all Elven populace to move to, in such a situation. They would have far more defensible terrain configuration compared to Kalimdor and Suramar. Defending all three Elven homelands would be extremely hard, if not downright impossible.
    From a logistical standpoint, I'd say yes. But Quel'Thalas probably isn't large enough to support the populations of the Sin'dorei, the Kaldorei, and the Shal'dorei (and including the smaller groups of Elven extraction). Though I suppose the Kaldorei could theoretically grow themselves a new home off the coast of Quel'Thalas - but that would still leave the Sin'dorei and numerous Shal'dorei on what suitable land is left in Quel'Thalas.

All elf races are close to extinction at this point. They wouldn't be strong enough to defend their lands anymore. Also, what makes yiu think they even want to reunite with each other. If anything blood elves reactions towards void elfs and Tyrande becoming night Warrior murder machine, is the best indication that those bridges are permanently burned down.

From a logistical standpoint, I'd say yes. But Quel'Thalas probably isn't large enough to support the populations of the Sin'dorei, the Kaldorei, and the Shal'dorei (and including the smaller groups of Elven extraction). Though I suppose the Kaldorei could theoretically grow themselves a new home off the coast of Quel'Thalas - but that would still leave the Sin'dorei and numerous Shal'dorei on what suitable land is left in Quel'Thalas.
    In such a situation, Pan-Elven alliance and leadership does not have good options. They have to choose the least worst option of them all. Quel'Thalas is that option. If all the sentient races of Azeroth for some reason decided to eradicate the Elves, how would this Pan-Elven alliance ever defend themselves in Kalimdor and Suramar? Quel'Thalas gives them some chance, not much, but at least something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hmmm what sort of event ? I dunno, maybe something like "Ravenmoons 1000 thread about elves" ? You know that thing about making origami cranes and your wish coming true ? Something like that.
    Sort of like "Arrashi's 10,000 posts joking about Human Potential or Mudmug"?

*pinches your lips together* Shhhhhhh. Let people enjoy things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Sort of like "Arrashi's 10,000 posts joking about Human Potential or Mudmug"?

Oh im letting him enjoy things. Just pointing out that he doesn't need to gatling those threads.

I dunno, Teldrassil made the Night Elven population rather compact, so to speak. You'll just need barrels or something to transport the Darnassian dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like your enthusiasm.
    But why don't you create a Megathread about elves at this point?

Regarding the topic on hand, I don't think elves are able to stand united as one unless elf hunting becomes legal to cull the population, regardless of which kind of elf they are
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    I can only speak for the blood elves... let's see what the other elves did wrong to them. It doesn't matter, what the truth is, but how it is perceived by the blood elves:

Night elves: they banished the ancestors from their Homeland and considered their way of life wrong. Well, let's start with a humble apology... but in the end, the night elves would need to subordinate themselves.

High elves: the high elves turned from their People and Country. The name blood elves was taken to honor the fallen and the victims of the scourge. The high elves dishonored that. They would have to make up for it.

Nightborne: They're fine. We work together already.

Void elves: They were ordered not to continue the research of Dar'kahn Drathir. They did it anyway and were banished from Silvermoon for that. Afterwards, they committed treason and aligned themselves with the Alliance. I guess they need properly prosecuted.
    You are cherry picking here based on preferences. The issue you point out with the Void Elves is EXACTLY what happened with how the Night Elves treated the Highborne they banished (which became High Elves). Arcane Magic was exactly what caused Sargeras to turn his attention to Azeroth. The original decree was that messing around with that shit after the sundering meant a death sentence. Malfurion and the others showed compassion by exiling the Highborne who refused to stop instead of executing them.

Wild Arcane fuckery caused the attention of Sargeras, which directly lead to the sundering. They rightfully made it "illegal". Highborne willfully and arrogantly ignored that. The fact that they were banished instead of executed was a great mercy. Night Elves don't owe the High Elves shit, let alone an apology.

High Elves turned from their people? Hardly. They recognized what was happening with the fel magic Blood Elves were abusing and saw where that went in terms of addiction. They'd been down that road before. Hell, you even see a High Elf speaking to a crowd of Blood Elves in the entry of Silvermoon talking about it, and the Blood Elves scoff at them and basically tell them to fuck off.

And you basically want to say what the Void Elves did was any different than the Highborne practicing magics that their society had expressly forbidden?

Yeah. there is a WHOLE lot of hypocrisy in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    You are cherry picking here based on preferences. The issue you point out with the Void Elves is EXACTLY what happened with how the Night Elves treated the Highborne they banished (which became High Elves). Arcane Magic was exactly what caused Sargeras to turn his attention to Azeroth. The original decree was that messing around with that shit after the sundering meant a death sentence. Malfurion and the others showed compassion by exiling the Highborne who refused to stop instead of executing them.

Wild Arcane fuckery caused the attention of Sargeras, which directly lead to the sundering. They rightfully made it "illegal". Highborne willfully and arrogantly ignored that. The fact that they were banished instead of executed was a great mercy. Night Elves don't owe the High Elves shit, let alone an apology.

High Elves turned from their people? Hardly. They recognized what was happening with the fel magic Blood Elves were abusing and saw where that went in terms of addiction. They'd been down that road before. Hell, you even see a High Elf speaking to a crowd of Blood Elves in the entry of Silvermoon talking about it, and the Blood Elves scoff at them and basically tell them to fuck off.

And you basically want to say what the Void Elves did was any different than the Highborne practicing magics that their society had expressly forbidden?

Yeah. there is a WHOLE lot of hypocrisy in this post.
    Funny someone else pointed that out, but a discussion didn't happen. However I believe you are correct, but I think this information makes it even more likely they can come together, the very thing the blood elves hate the night elves for is what they have done to the void elves, so if they can reconcile with the void elves, they can reconcile with the night elves. The night elves don't seem to have anywhere near as much hate for the Thalassians as the other way around.