Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Europe servers: French and German realms confirmed!

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-classic/60051

Looks like the people's voices are heard It's good to see this team responds so readily to community feedback.

*shrug* Still would have preferred they put in an RP-PvP server but then I don't get nearly as pissy when I see foreign languages appearing on my computer screen as others. Good news though for those that wanted these
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Good for everyone. They probably were scared for their sweet € after so many people raged on the forum and told them they wont play without national servers.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Good for everyone. They probably were scared for their sweet € after so many people raged on the forum and told them they wont play without national servers.
    I believe this team does not deserve this cynical view. They have responded incredibly well to feedback, all along the proces of creating classic.

Great i can play on a french server with an english version of the game.

What about the US servers, will we get English-only ones?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    What about the US servers, will we get English-only ones?
    Hasnt NA-servers always been english-only?
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-classic/60051

Looks like the people's voices are heard It's good to see this team responds so readily to community feedback.
    *shrugs* Hurray for splitting the waters even more?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    There is no such thing as English-only realms. Its a catch-all for everyone else. There will be unofficial Scandinavian, Polish, Czech, Italian realms. They will take over some realms, claim it to be their and chase off everyone else.
    Why would people from Scandinavia, Poland, Chech or Italy want to play on a US server? The time-zone difference would be terrible for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That's probably the reason they didn't announce these at first. Considering the backlash they got on it though, it would appear there is a large enough community to validate the existence of these realms.

I'm happy they got what they wanted. I'm sure I'll be able to find a nice english speaking realm for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenaeris View Post
    Why would people from Scandinavia, Poland, Chech or Italy want to play on a US server? The time-zone difference would be terrible for them.
    Though his reference words could use some cleaning up, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the EU non language specific realms, where there's supposedly going to be unofficial scandinavian realms etc etc etc...

Especially on the Scandinavian realms I'm skeptical... 99% speaks English just fine, why would they want to limit themselves? Seems like a lot of work for very little.

Okay fair enough - I was probably really confused about this entire EU vs US thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's probably the reason they didn't announce these at first. Considering the backlash they got on it though, it would appear there is a large enough community to validate the existence of these realms.

I'm happy they got what they wanted. I'm sure I'll be able to find a nice english speaking realm for myself.
    People yelling in social media isn't "large enough community", we'll have to wait and see all those "low pop" realms die off after couple of months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    People yelling in social media isn't "large enough community", we'll have to wait and see all those "low pop" realms die off after couple of months.
    Well... The topic on blizzard's forums got over 4k replies, mostly from disgruntled german/french players. We also know that only a very small percentage of players actually bothers to post on forums, so there's a rather large multiplication factor there. On top of that, only people with an active subscription can post on the official blizzard forums.

No, none of these factors are conclusive. They are however INDICATIVE of a sizeable demand, which validates this decision. Mind you "Large enough" is very different from "Large".

Well... The topic on blizzard's forums got over 4k replies, mostly from disgruntled german/french players. We also know that only a very small percentage of players actually bothers to post on forums, so there's a rather large multiplication factor there. On top of that, only people with an active subscription can post on the official blizzard forums.

No, none of these factors are conclusive. They are however INDICATIVE of a sizeable demand, which validates this decision. Mind you "Large enough" is very different from "Large".
    4k replies sweet? German forum had nearly 26k. Atleast german population is enough. Just look at bfa, we have multiple full realms and a dozen high ones and a shit ton of medium ones.

Way more than russians btw and they got theirs instantly for some reason.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-07-03 at 10:09 AM.

Must be difficult for them in Europe - at least here in the US, we have a huge country where everybody speaks the same language.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You are not splitting up what doesn't play. I know a lot of players (I am German) that will simply not play AT ALL without German servers. These players will not magically appear on English realms if they didn't provide German realms. The 2nd solution to "take over" an English Server is also extremely bad for non-Germans that happen to roll on that server and don't know about the "occupation".

I have played on German realms all my life, but in Classic I wanna go English.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-07-03 at 10:11 AM.

4k replies sweet? German forum had nearly 26k. Atleast german population is enough. Just look at bfa, we have multiple full realms and a dozen high ones and a shit ton of medium ones.

Way more than russians btw
    26k replies? That's awesome ^^
    I wasn't actually disagreeing with you though, so I'm confused as to why you made your reply sarcastic. Makes it seem a bit toxic, let's all stay away from that stuff =P

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, which means, at best, it's a spike of 4k players (what's the split by the way? 50/50 french/german?) who demand a separated server, it's not a sizable demand, it's about a half of a server, especially considering hype around wow classic. At least we have layering to alleviate this problem. But risk of those servers withering into "low pop" are very real, and i guess blizzard didn't wanted players to re-experience this great vanilla feeling when you roll a character on Arthas, because, you know, Arthas, and only after couple of months you realize that it's a german realm or something and you can't communicate with anyone. But instead some will re-experience rolling on a "recommended" realm and feeling like you are playing alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Way more than russians btw and they got theirs instantly for some reason.
    Technical reason, Cyrillic yada yada, people don't like us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Technical reason, Cyrillic yada yada, people don't like us.
    Cant see why they cant just force you to write english. Its 2019. You can easily buy normal keyboards. Seemed really weird to not give germans their realms when russians are like half the population of germans?

They gave you realms because of the racism you face probably, sad.