Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming." Lets talk about this

First we have to make 1 thing clear.
    Who ever "she" is, her death need to have an effect that ushers in the coming of the old gods/void lords.
    Thats why Sylvanas and Jaina are already out for me.
    I first thought this quote fits really good to Sylvanas. But she died already 3 times and even if we say, the Banshee Queen died only 2 times, it still doesnt make sense, why exactly Sylvanas her dead would usher in the coming of the old gods/void lords.
    If she dies she is just "dead" and her soul in that hell she once saw. Nothing more and nothing less.

I have 3 candidates that makes the most sense for me.

Candidate number 1: Alleria (most likely)

Alleria Windrunner: Indeed. Sometimes I feel that I have already died twice. Once when we were presumed lost on Draenor, and again when gripped by the shadow of the fallen naaru. || also we have a vision where Alleria sees herself how she takes Nzoths place and kills her own Son

salty dude:"This is a red herring, mark my words. Alleria won't be the one who ushers in their coming, because it would be way too obvious and boring."
    I disagree. Blizzard showed more then once that the most obvious way is blizzards way.

Candidate number 2: Azeroth (not really sure if blizzard would kill Azeroth)

Candidate number 3: Azshara (most unlikely, since her death wouldnt have much of an effect except the release of Nzoth?)

Im sure that who ever it is, it will be at the latest of BfA (8.3) be known.

I am 95% certain that I am the "salty dude" who appears in your post (how was my remark even salty?), and yes, I stand by my belief that it is a red herring. Alleria basically said "HEY GUYS, I THINK I ALREADY DIED TWICE", and coincidentally, according to this Old God minion (these creatures being infamous for trickery), there is a woman who will die thrice and then usher in the return of the Void Lords.

It's too obvious. Blizzard wants us to speculate, so why would they have Alleria literally tell you that she thinks she already died twice? I don't buy it.
    also we have a vision where Alleria sees herself how she takes Nzoths place and kills her own Son
    Does this have to be repeated? Visions are often false. There are times when visions proved to be right (though I cannot remember when), but seeing as the last vision storyline with Illidan Champion of the Light went nowhere, I am very skeptical of Alleria's vision becoming reality. Especially when people like Lothraxion also doubt whether she is truly doomed.

One of the major character arcs in Legion was about Velen the Prophet realizing that blindly trusting visions is stupid, because visions are not set in stone.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-07-01 at 01:59 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It'll be Sylvanas and her "death" will be some stupid thing that wasn't literal. I doubt she'll even die in 8.3 but whatever happens when she loses will bring a bunch of bad stuff to Azeroth.

8.3 Sylvanas leading to Old Gods in 9.0.

Alleria is too obvious so it isn't actually going to be her, them making her say that "hurr I died twice!!" screams of a red herring. Azeroth dying means the game ends. Azshara never died and if we're talking about her changing form she only "died" as an elf once.

It's Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's obviously talking about Myra Tyrngaarde from Ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It'll be Sylvanas and her "death" will be some stupid thing that wasn't literal. I doubt she'll even die in 8.3 but whatever happens when she loses will bring a bunch of bad stuff to Azeroth.

8.3 Sylvanas leading to Old Gods in 9.0.

Alleria is too obvious so it isn't actually going to be her, them making her say that "hurr I died twice!!" screams of a red herring. Azeroth dying means the game ends. Azshara never died and if we're talking about her changing form she only "died" as an elf once.

It's Sylvanas.
    But as I said already, how would Sylvanas her death have any effect on "open a gate" for the old gods/void lords?

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    But as I said already, how would Sylvanas her death have any effect on "open a gate" for the old gods/void lords?
    We don't know yet, but based on the Throne of Thunder theme in 8.2 there will likely be a connection between N'zoth and Sylvanas in 8.3 the same way that Y'shaarj and Garrosh had a connection in Siege of Orgrimmar.

Sylvanas even sends Nathanos to Nazjatar to find N'zoth similarly to how Garrosh sends workers to mine the Vale to find Y'shaarj before Siege of Orgrimmar.

We don't know yet, but based on the Throne of Thunder theme in 8.2 there will likely be a connection between N'zoth and Sylvanas in 8.3 the same way that Y'shaarj and Garrosh had a connection in Siege of Orgrimmar.

Sylvanas even sends Nathanos to Nazjatar to find N'zoth similarly to how Garrosh sends workers to mine the Vale to find Y'shaarj before Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Ok.

Why her. Why now. Why couldnt he do it at any time during all those millenia.

That's a pretty charitable comparison. Garrosh was in charge of the Heart. Sylvanas frees N'zoth and is reliant on him. She's likely an Old God puppet and since all negative prophecies are about Sylvanas, her third death counts from undeath on, so only her throwing herself off of Icecrown and getting killed by Godfrey count.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's a pretty charitable comparison. Garrosh was in charge of the Heart. Sylvanas frees N'zoth and is reliant on him. She's likely an Old God puppet and since all negative prophecies are about Sylvanas, her third death counts from undeath on, so only her throwing herself off of Icecrown and getting killed by Godfrey count.
    We're not sure about that. I can see a last minute twist involving her trying to wield N'zoth like a weapon (Xalatath's knife is currently MIA and may show up at the last minute) but backfiring, maybe swapping their positions. I would not be surprised if Sylvanas gets sucked into the knife and N'zoth is in her body... because GET IT???

We're not sure about that. I can see a last minute twist involving her trying to wield N'zoth like a weapon (Xalatath's knife is currently MIA and may show up at the last minute) but backfiring, maybe swapping their positions. I would not be surprised if Sylvanas gets sucked into the knife and N'zoth is in her body... because GET IT???
    L-lewd.

Also, Sylvanas is the one who's heart is a crater that the Old Gods have filled. But yeah, I think that she's likely to be a lot less dignified than our boi Garry, in line with her worse characterization and lesser screen time, so instead of wielding the power of the void to achieve her endgoal she'll be a goon for it. A willing goon at that.

The only thing leading me in another direction is that Blizzard don't do red herrings. Everything in this expansion has been telegraphed from word go.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

L-lewd.

Also, Sylvanas is the one who's heart is a crater that the Old Gods have filled. But yeah, I think that she's likely to be a lot less dignified than our boi Garry, in line with her worse characterization and lesser screen time, so instead of wielding the power of the void to achieve her endgoal she'll be a goon for it. A willing goon at that.
    She has less screentime and the writers withhold any information on what she's doing (despite the screaming) because I think they want people to think that she's Basically Garrosh. However they're likely doing it with a "BUT..." moment considering their hardon for twists and reveal culture.

I think she's more likely to be a Worse Garrosh (as was stated at Blizzcon) that wants to use N'zoth similarly to how he used Y'shaarj, but instead of the for glory/for Orcs thing she just wants to murder everyone. So the reveal will be that she is in fact worse than Garrosh (and has good reasons for being so if they follow up on the hell visions and things like that).

Mechanically she may be an N'zoth goon (the reason he's around etc) but I don't think she will be lore wise.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing leading me in another direction is that Blizzard don't do red herrings. Everything in this expansion has been telegraphed from word go.
    They do, but only in .3 patches now. See Xe'ra.

Im not sure if you are just meme-ing or if you are serious, but I think it should be clear that the most whispers (negative ones) cant be only talking about Sylvanas.
    I still cant see anyhow how her death would benefit the old gods/void lords and usher in their coming

They do, but only in .3 patches now. See Xe'ra.
    Xe'ra wasnt a red herring. It was a last minute rewrite because of backlash. Its obvious because nothing changed other than her being gone.

First we have to make 1 thing clear.
    Who ever "she" is, her death need to have an effect that ushers in the coming of the old gods/void lords.
    Thats why Sylvanas and Jaina are already out for me.
    I first thought this quote fits really good to Sylvanas. But she died already 3 times and even if we say, the Banshee Queen died only 2 times, it still doesnt make sense, why exactly Sylvanas her dead would usher in the coming of the old gods/void lords.
    If she dies she is just "dead" and her soul in that hell she once saw. Nothing more and nothing less.
    So then why is the Void terrified of Sylvanas? They whisper to Alleria to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Xe'ra wasnt a red herring. It was a last minute rewrite because of backlash. Its obvious because nothing changed other than her being gone.
    There is no proof of that. Regardless, in the context of the full expansion it was a red herring and a twist, and also hints that Illidan is not in fact the child of Light and Shadow as long as a kid that is literally the child of a light guy and shadow woman is walking around (Arator).

The precedent has been set that year-long buildup twists now exist in WoW's story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Nothing changed? How would you know that nothing changed unless you had some form of high-level outline of the story and/or the ear of the writers or the developers?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    So then why is the Void terrified of Sylvanas? They whisper to Alleria to kill her.
    I know that one and its probably because the death is the enemy off all things or something similiar. But I am not talking about why the Void is terrified by Sylvanas, I am talking about why her death would usher in their coming?

Im not sure if you are just meme-ing or if you are serious, but I think it should be clear that the most whispers (negative ones) cant be only talking about Sylvanas.
    I still cant see anyhow how her death would benefit the old gods/void lords and usher in their coming
    There's plenty of time to wing it. You should know from the "Boy king's lies" prophecy where it turned out the lies were innocent mistakes like "We can be friends Sylvanas" and "Oh, we're definitely winning the war now" that there's no way they're letting stuff like that blemish the protagonists. Alleria is a protagonist on the side of good. She'll be unharmed.
    @EbaumsTipster

Garrosh but worse is just that, except not in the moral sense but in the qualitative one. There's no difference except magnitude. I will give you that they may do a last minute bait and switch, but I think it'll be the kind of thing where they believe it'll be a huge surprise when everyone else knew it already. That being "Wow, Sylvanas isn't doing this for the Horde, she's actually evil :O "

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    The Void is not terrified.

Alleria is constantly being whispered by the void, trying to make her lose control and preying on her doubts. Killing a Family member and having a convincing argument to do so would do wonders for her psyche
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Garrosh but worse is just that, except not in the moral sense but in the qualitative one. There's no difference except magnitude. I will give you that they may do a last minute bait and switch, but I think it'll be the kind of thing where they believe it'll be a huge surprise when everyone else knew it already. That being "Wow, Sylvanas isn't doing this for the Horde, she's actually evil :O "
    I don't think it's a surprising twist but it's not a horrible one. They would be right in that she isn't Garrosh because Garrosh was just nutty and well-intentioned (for the tiny sliver of people he liked) while Sylvanas is not only more understandable but more entertaining for an angrier and more bitter playerbase. It would make a lot more narrative sense (building from Wrath) as opposed to her becoming a Kerrigan (meme complaint I don't think will happen #1) or setting N'zoth free and burning Teldrassil for secret good reasons (meme complaint I KNOW won't happen #2).