Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, did you think a guy buying into the whole Burisma nonsense was going to vote for him in the first place?

Especially when the guy is claiming MSNBC is promoting that debunked theory, when they've actually been one of the great many outlets doing the debunking?
    Do you honestly think that that line is going to be played in context? Or that insulting voters for their age is a good idea? I'm ignoring the fat comment because it was just kind of blurted out, hardly an insult at all. It's not at all about that one disingenuous guy, just stupid to get into fights like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Do you honestly think that that line is going to be played in context? Or that insulting voters for their age is a good idea? I'm ignoring the fat comment because it was just kind of blurted out, hardly an insult at all. It's not at all about that one disingenuous guy, just stupid to get into fights like this.
    Absolutely not.

But given how off the rails all of politics is, realistically this doesn't matter this much. None of Biden's gaffes have mattered much, because the bar has fallen so low after 4+ years of Trump between campaigning and him as president.

Do I think this was a good idea? Hell no, I've been critical of Biden's gaffes from the start and been consistent that there's a reason he's never received the nomination. But I'm not going to pretend it's "disqualifying" in the current climate either. And while I may not be super stoked about it, I'd still vote for him in a second over Trump.

Absolutely not.

But given how off the rails all of politics is, realistically this doesn't matter this much. None of Biden's gaffes have mattered much, because the bar has fallen so low after 4+ years of Trump between campaigning and him as president.

Do I think this was a good idea? Hell no, I've been critical of Biden's gaffes from the start and been consistent that there's a reason he's never received the nomination. But I'm not going to pretend it's "disqualifying" in the current climate either. And while I may not be super stoked about it, I'd still vote for him in a second over Trump.
    Actually, either it matters and no one should be heading in Trump's direction. Or it doesn't and people are being crybabies no matter which politician insults them.

But there is an irony in the majority of the top picks having the audacity to talk about someone's age.

Absolutely not.

I will too, almost certainly will looking at the primary, am just annoyed and dismayed by the quality of our candidate. Who said it was disqualifying? Just beyond a gaffe to insult voters for their age, when at least half of the voting population is over 50. Saying shit like this and the heat isn't even on yet. With candidates like Biden it's like we want to lose to Trump.

hmf..if Biden's gaffes are disqualifying, what does that say for Trump's idiotic babblings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf..if Biden's gaffes are disqualifying, what does that say for Trump's idiotic babblings?
    The same as it has always meant. What Trump Means Is....
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's either that or vote for one of those ghastly white people.

/Shudder
    Remember when Trump was going to put all us minorities into concentration camps?

But yeah I wonder if these Kamala fans will be as quick to come to Tulsi's defense.

Trump is shit, therefore our candidate should be too?

You're asking it the wrong way. If insulting voters is a horrible thing like you guys regularly say it is, why are you tolerating any of it?

Could it be you're just as much as a cult as Trump supporters?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Remember when Trump was going to put all us minorities into concentration camps?

But yeah I wonder if these Kamala fans will be as quick to come to Tulsi's defense.
    Hey. There's still a year left for people's Holocaust fetish to be fulfilled and they all become Schindler.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    With Democrats, and the generel "left" electorate, using wrong pronouns can get you disqualified, and every substantive sentence better be reviewed for "trigger warnings" or other such things before it makes it out of committee for them to say in public. The current left electorate seems to like that... to normal people this just comes out fake.
    That's quite the conveniently placed strawman there.

Pronouns? Has this ever come up? I mean, yeah, I guess Democrats expecting people to simply not be dicks is terrible.

"Trigger warnings"? Has this ever come up either? Haven't Democrats said dumb shit like...well, literally what Biden just said, that should have been axed if it was "reviewed for trigger warnings"?

"Normal people" being...people who watch Fox all day and believe the nonsense they broadcast, while getting expert opinions on the state of California from the esteemed likes of *checks notes* Fabio.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, exactly.

(this isn't aimed at you S)

The attacks on Biden for "gaffes" are remarkable. Given that his almost every word is recorded in some way other another, anyone would be walking away with missteps. I could see that maybe Biden certainly has a few more than other candidates, but at the same time, they are blown WAY out of proportion.

AND

Pushing that false narrative only helps the Republicans. It baffles me that any democratic voter is making fun of any top democratic candidate. Aside from Bernie, no one should be getting poked at by Democrats (Bernie should have already dropped out the same day as his heart attack - I'm not suggesting that we poke fun, just that he shouldn't be in the pool anymore).

That's quite the conveniently placed strawman there.

Pronouns? Has this ever come up? I mean, yeah, I guess Democrats expecting people to simply not be dicks is terrible.

"Trigger warnings"? Has this ever come up either? Haven't Democrats said dumb shit like...well, literally what Biden just said, that should have been axed if it was "reviewed for trigger warnings"?

"Normal people" being...people who watch Fox all day and believe the nonsense they broadcast, while getting expert opinions on the state of California from the esteemed likes of *checks notes* Fabio.
    How weird that people that bitch about strawmen love their own so much.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, exactly.

(this isn't aimed at you S)

The attacks on Biden for "gaffes" are remarkable. Given that his almost every word is recorded in some way other another, anyone would be walking away with missteps. I could see that maybe Biden certainly has a few more than other candidates, but at the same time, they are blown WAY out of proportion.

AND

Pushing that false narrative only helps the Republicans. It baffles me that any democratic voter is making fun of any top democratic candidate. Aside from Bernie, no one should be getting poked at by Democrats (Bernie should have already dropped out the same day as his heart attack - I'm not suggesting that we poke fun, just that he shouldn't be in the pool anymore).
    Can we boot out Biden, Warren and anyone else who might have a sudden health issue since we're now disqualifying good politicians for nonsense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am saying what seems to be upsetting people, and what the democrats are currently doing... putting all of these speeches through speech writers that make sure nothing "offensive" goes in there.

That is the expectation of many on the left, the listeners to this stuff... so any "off script" moment or saying something off the cuff from Democrats is usually scrutinized until there is "clarification" or an apology.

If doing that is wrong or right I leave up to you to decide...

Most people that are not entranced with "wokeness" see that as fake... what Trump does... he comes off idiotic, but at the very least he says what he means without any kind of filter... there is "truth" to that, that is lacking from the left.
    So actually being sorry for offending people when they did not intent to offend them? The horror.

...Out of all the things to critize all the dems to the right of Bernie for.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can we boot out Biden, Warren and anyone else who might have a sudden health issue since we're now disqualifying good politicians for nonsense?
    A heart attack is nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    So actually being sorry for offending people when they did not intent to offend them? The horror.

...Out of all the things to critize all the dems to the right of Bernie for.
    It's an empty sentiment from people who still say white like it's a slur from one side of their mouth while saying racism is intolerable out of the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The reason he wants Bernie out is obvious, it has nothing to do with his health. Just look at all the shit Clinton got from Trump voters for getting sick once. Same shit.

A heart attack is nonsense?
    It is nonsense if you're going to run anyone else who's in the age group of suddenly keeling over.

It kind of makes me want to see it happen to your politician of choice to watch you be a hypocrite and defend them instead of telling them to pound sand.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is nonsense if you're going to run anyone else who's in the age group of suddenly keeling over.
    Why are you lying about what I said? Is that the only way you can post?

It kind of makes me want to see it happen to your politician of choice to watch you be a hypocrite and defend them instead of telling them to pound sand.
    Awwwww, look at you making things up, lying about what I said, and then responding the voices in your head.

When you're ready to discuss the merits of what I said above, we'll be ready.

Why are you lying about what I said? Is that the only way you can post?

Awwwww, look at you making things up, lying about what I said, and then responding the voices in your head.

When you're ready to discuss the merits of what I said above, we'll be ready.
    Okay. Your new truth is you never said Bernie needs to pull out over his heart attack. What's your next new truth?