Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm comparing Sanders, who is older than Trump, to other Democrat primaries. This isn't about Trump. If you think Sanders isn't bat shit insane then you haven't been paying attention to his politics.
    If you think Sanders' policies are batshit insane then you don't live in reality. His policies are largely based on polices that are working across the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So does Pewdiepie.

And, most Rogan fanboys seem to be more in the neighborhood of woke trolls and Trumpsters pretending to totally be centrists.

Once again, your "concern" is disingenuous.

To think, I thought you Trumpsters hated it when celebrities got involved in politics.
    All that you do here is accuse everyone of being secret Trump supporters.

Russiagate really fried your brain

Rogan has more influence than just about anyone, but the important part of that is he reaches people that neither the right or left may reach very well, if at all. It helps that he's not a political figure because his listeners will trust him more.

Trump's campaign would absolutely have loved his endorsement. Every other dem candidate would too even if they wouldn't admit it.

If anything, "snowflakes" on the left that freak out about Rogan helps Sanders even more. One of the things people in the middle hate about the left is the perception of snowflake SJWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Rogan has more influence than just about anyone
    By what measure? Is there evidence to back this up?

but the important part of that is he reaches people that neither the right or left may reach very well, if at all. It helps that he's not a political figure because his listeners will trust him more.
    I don't know about this. His fandom usually trends to the lower information section that doesn't mind that he doesn't challenge his insane guests when they start spouting nonsense. Is anyone looking to him for political news and commentary to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    hes not a person who's endorsement you'd want to trumpet if you were trying to avoid controversy.
    You guys really just don't want any of the people in this bad field to try to win. Democrats have a base that will vote democrat. They need to get OTHER people aka independents and people tired of Trump to vote for them. Bernie is trying to do this, and democrats are getting mad that he wants to win. Getting mad at Bernie for trying to get votes is going to piss of his base which may, like in 2016, vote against whoever gets the nomination if it is not Bernie. I like how people think courting a podcaster with a giant audience is bad. Oh, right, he said some things about a very minuscule group that the democratic party loves to hype and think makes up more than a less than a tenth of a percent of the population. All he has to do is beat Biden. They are the only 2 who have a chance. You should be happy he is courting every vote he can.

Mayor Pete said there was no room for Pro Life people in the democratic party. He really doesn't want to win. Same with Warren going on and on about liars when she is like every politician and will lie for votes. This race is between Sanders and Biden, two old white guys. You better hope it is Biden, because Bernie has a history that Republicans will gladly throw out there and not be all nice like a bloomberg news agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    All that you do here is accuse everyone of being secret Trump supporters.

Russiagate really fried your brain
    Nah, I'm well aware of these tactics, there's even a thread on it.

Rogan's endorsement isn't going to change any votes. All it's going to do, is have more Trumpsters pretending to be Bernie supporters, instead of pretending to be Gabbi Tulsard supporters.

You do realize that nobody is actually buying it, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Rogan has more influence than just about anyone, but the important part of that is he reaches people that neither the right or left may reach very well, if at all. It helps that he's not a political figure because his listeners will trust him more.

Trump's campaign would absolutely have loved his endorsement. Every other dem candidate would too even if they wouldn't admit it.

If anything, "snowflakes" on the left that freak out about Rogan helps Sanders even more. One of the things people in the middle hate about the left is the perception of snowflake SJWs.
    He's absolutely a political figure. He's a political pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you think Sanders' policies are batshit insane then you don't live in reality. His policies are largely based on polices that are working across the western world.
    He wants to give stuff away without a realistic way to pay for it. the fact he wants class A felons and murderers to vote from prison should tell you all you need to know about him

He wants to give stuff away without a realistic way to pay for it. the fact he wants class A felons and murderers to vote from prison should tell you all you need to know about him
    What, that he wants to bring us more in-line with developed nations and how they handle enfranchisement for prisoners?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disfranchisement

Considering the abnormally high level of felons and prisoners in the US compared to those countries, it seems especially relevant here.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What, that he wants to bring us more in-line with developed nations and how they handle enfranchisement for prisoners?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disfranchisement

Considering the abnormally high level of felons and prisoners in the US compared to those countries, it seems especially relevant here.
    Just because others are doing it is a terrible argument.

In this case, I'd argue it is. Especially considering the US is supposed to be the "bastion of Democracy" yet we disenfranchise more potential voters than most of the rest of the developed world.

You compare like to like - developed world to developed world. Viewing things in a vacuum does no good.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And "it's bat shit insane because I say so" is a better one?

Trump increased spending, yet you support him. He increased the deficits, yet you still support him.

Also, your hatred of liberty is noted, thanks.

The people I know irl that listen to Rogan aren't like the stereotypes I've seen tossed around a lot lately. I don't know anyone like that. They're very regular people with jobs and families just like most other folks. What they have in common is a distrust of establishment figures both republican and democrat. This applies to things outside of politics as well. They generally believe that just because someone is a supposed authority in their field doesn't mean they're right or not lying.

This is why someone like Sanders make so much sense because he's the most consistent, genuine, and trustworthy candidate that's ever run for president in modern times. No one can trust Trump because he lies so damn much. Even though Biden and Warren are nowhere near the level of Trump, you can still look at their record and see where their either lying about some things or flip flopping to chase votes.

As for the things Sanders proposes, like M4A, even conservative research shows it would be cheaper than what we're currently doing. So arguments of how to pay for it fall flat right from the start.

And it does matter what other countries are doing. They've proven these things work and are better than what the US is currently doing. There's no guesswork. We know it's better. Also, republicans have no meaningful alternatives. They have nothing. Buying insurance across state lines isn't an alternative to M4A.

If you care about any of the major issues we face like healthcare, climate change, income inequality, etc... republicans have nothing for you. They make these things worse.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2020-01-27 at 09:19 PM.

The people I know irl that listen to Rogan aren't like the stereotypes I've seen tossed around a lot lately. I don't know anyone like that. They're very regular people with jobs and families just like most other folks. What they have in common is a distrust of establishment figures both republican and democrat. This applies to things outside of politics as well. They generally believe that just because someone is a supposed authority in their field doesn't mean they're right or not lying.

This is why someone like Sanders make so much sense because he's the most consistent, genuine, and trustworthy candidate that's ever run for president in modern times. No one can trust Trump because he lies so damn much. Even though Biden and Warren are nowhere near the level of Trump, you can still look at their record and see where their either lying about some things or flip flopping to chase votes.
    you dont find bernie's embracing of rogan to be an inconsistency with his championing of minority rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    And "it's bat shit insane because I say so" is a better one?
    You should learn the difference between arguments and statements.

We can already pay for Medicare for All with our current healthcare budget. We do not need to increase taxes to pay for it. We just need to make the system more efficient and stop letting hospitals and drug companies charge absolutely fucking insane prices.

Seriously. The US healthcare budget is INSANE compared to other countries. In fact, I'd argue that the "insane" policy on this issue is keeping the system as is.

As for the things Sanders proposes, like M4A, even conservative research shows it would be cheaper than what we're currently doing. So arguments of how to pay for it fall flat right from the start.

And it does matter what other countries are doing. They've proven these things work and are better than what the US is currently doing. There's no guesswork. We know it's better. Also, republicans have no meaningful alternatives. They have nothing. Buying insurance across state lines isn't an alternative to M4A.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/co...nsense_in_the/

Some criticism for why this is a bunch of nonsense (the thread alone is alright, though I don't agree with everything in the video).

His podcast wasn't heavily political until recent years and that was fine. He talked to interesting people, but usually about random shit where he never actually needed to be an informed interviewer and could just shoot the shit with interesting people.

However, as his show has been politicized, it seems that conservatives have leaned on this lack of interviewing chops in order to get their views aired to a massive audience, unchallenged. Which is the only place these ideologies thrive, where they can be aired unchallenged and unquestioned.

I have no problems with Joe Rogan if he wants to go back to interviewing interesting non-political people and doing silly shit like smoking weed with Elon Musk (which wasn't terribly interesting, and was a dumb idea on Musk's part), because that's where it's thrived IMO.

It doesn't thrive as a platform for political commentary and discussion, because Joe Rogan simply isn't up to the task of a show like that. And that's fine, because that's never what the podcast was created for to begin with. It's just what it's morphed into as people have increasingly flocked to hear their favorite right-wing fringe theorist spouting about how humans are really just lobsters.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    you dont find bernie's embracing of rogan to be an inconsistency with his championing of minority rights?
    No, I think people are being too sensitive and shortsighted. It's a huge flaw with part of the left. They find something they don't like about a person and all of a sudden that person is evil. Reaching people like Rogan and those who he influences is important and necessary.

No, I think people are being too sensitive and shortsighted. It's a huge flaw with part of the left. They find something they don't like about a person and all of a sudden that person is evil. Reaching people like Rogan and those who he influences is important and necessary.
    mmm so when bernie does it thats just good politics, other people "flip flop"?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...and? I mean he's popular, which means...what?

I can't remember the last time he was politically significant, but I fully admit I don't follow him closely.
    It's publicity across the entire political spectrum that Sanders might've not had usually. In a bit similiar way how Rogan's most watched video (I believe) is the one when he interviewed Bernie.

It's not about trying to convince the voters that already would vote for you to vote for you, it's about reaching out, spreading the message and through that draw in people who've not yet perhaps had the chance for alternative to what they see necessary presented to them. Rogan has been generally great in that regard.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988