I don't even think the DNC is going to pull any rule changes at the convention. I honestly think Bernie's going to lose fair and square to Biden sadly enough, but after reading this thread Im more convinced than ever that half of you would vote for Mike Pence if he was the democratic nominee just because he has a "D" beside his name. Voting democrat regardless of their actions and then just scolding them for being bad isn't going to get you anywhere. Nor is attacking voters because they don't want to go out and vote for the lesser of two evils. It's the candidates responsibility to earn those votes, not the peoples responsibility to vote for them regardless of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I wasn't talking about voting in the primary. I was talking about actual involvement in the DNC, as a volunteer or staff member. Work your way up to making those kinds of decisions.

Your votes still pick the candidate, and nothing the DNC is proposing would change that. The DNC is not "picking whoever they want". That's straight horse shit.

People keep treating these parties as if they're some "other" that is foisted upon you. They are you. Take control, make changes, do shit. Stop telling yourselves it's impossible, just because it takes a bit of effort and cooperation.
    If it's such horseshit, why is politico reporting that this is a conversation some member of the DNC is actually having? I personally don't think it's gonna happen, I already said how stupid that would be, but the fact that it's being discussed is just about as stupid.

I expect them to suck it up and be adults about this whole thing, not throw a petty-ass temper tantrum that they didn't get their way.

Sure, my expectations of people might be too high, but are they really that out of fucking line?

The only people who set the rules at the DNC convention are DNC staff and members. It's their party, they can do whatever the fuck they want to pick a leader. Don't like how they do things? Get involved and work to change it. Not willing to? Then shut up, because you don't care enough to refuse to vote over this.
    But they would be working to change it by protesting the DNC...

This idea that the DNC can be brazenly anti-democratic and face no consequences is horrifying

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is one of two political parties that have manipulated and cheated their way into being what amounts to the only two parties of this entire republic.

it's not "their party" to do what they want with at this point, it's the american people's. they've done again the exact same shit that caused them to lose in 2016 by cheating tulsi gabbard and yang out of debates and major party support, yet bend the rules to let some rich cunt get in the debates.

they are corrupt. it's that simple. telling people to suck it up and thank their master is the most anti-american train of thought you could possibly espouse, and any good american would spit in a person's face telling them to do so.
    Awwwww, look at you, not understanding how even the most basics of the U.S. political system works. I highlighted my favorite parts of your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're making it sound like Bernie is a member of the Democratic party....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    You're making it sound like Bernie is a member of the Democratic party....
    Thankfully he is not, so its a good thing the people he appeals to have no reason to vote for the dems.

Don't vote for party that hates you, kids.

I wasn't talking about voting in the primary. I was talking about actual involvement in the DNC, as a volunteer or staff member. Work your way up to making those kinds of decisions.

Your votes still pick the candidate, and nothing the DNC is proposing would change that. The DNC is not "picking whoever they want". That's straight horse shit.

People keep treating these parties as if they're some "other" that is foisted upon you. They are you. Take control, make changes, do shit. Stop telling yourselves it's impossible, just because it takes a bit of effort and cooperation.
    Problem is that if you publicly support a progressive, they’ll kick you out of a leadership position at the DNC because they want it to be filled with corporatists. Look at what happened to Tulsi in 2016 just because she endorsed Bernie over Hillary. She had to resign as vice chair and get a ton of hate from the establishment, which still lasts to this day with them trying to make her look like a closet Republican / Russian asset.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is one of two political parties that have manipulated and cheated their way into being what amounts to the only two parties of this entire republic.
    You can thank the Founding Fathers and their flawed comprehension of party politics for that. It isn't the parties themselves that are responsible for any of this; it's the existence and structure of the Electoral College. The parties are the necessary result of that.

they are corrupt. it's that simple. telling people to suck it up and thank their master is the most anti-american train of thought you could possibly espouse, and any good american would spit in a person's face telling them to do so.
    "Having a political viewpoint and agenda" is not "corruption".

And frankly, I was telling people to get off their asses and get involved, not to "suck it up and thank their master". Sue me for reminding people that the status quo is largely the result of voter apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If it's such horseshit, why is politico reporting that this is a conversation some member of the DNC is actually having? I personally don't think it's gonna happen, I already said how stupid that would be, but the fact that it's being discussed is just about as stupid.
    They aren't.

I presume you mean this article; https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...legates-110083

1> It was a half-dozen members. Not the whole DNC, by any means.
    2> It was occurring on the sidelines of DNC meetings. It was never the subject thereof, because it hasn't even been actually proposed by anyone, yet.
    3> All they proposed was allowing superdelegates to vote on the first ballot, not just the second. It doesn't eliminate the voting by the people, it just weights it. In ways the DNC is perfectly entitled to, and have always done, in similar ways in the past.
    4> Politico also reported none of these members thought the idea had any prayer of a chance of passing into policy.

How to run a primary is entirely up to the party's committee. They're a private organization, and they can (largely) do what they want. If they want to pull a name out of a hat, they can do that.

Awwwww, look at you, not understanding how even the most basics of the U.S. political system works. I highlighted my favorite parts of your ignorance.
    no, i understand it well.

it's one of those feigned ignorance, like a man in court claiming to not know someone he was caught committing a crime with.

you and everyone else in this country knows that it's democrat or republican at this point. they have basically forced our government to be this way, and it's never going to break. it is completely wrong that they can just do whatever the whims of their leadership is when the system is this ingrained.

if they wanted to make things right, they'd outlaw political parties. that's one place the founding fathers failed. should have never allowed for all of these absolute cesspit to come about, and they knew it themselves but foolishly trusted in the goodness of people to not let it get this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    But they would be working to change it by protesting the DNC...

This idea that the DNC can be brazenly anti-democratic and face no consequences is horrifying
    They're not being "anti-democratic".

Plus, there's no actual requirement that they be democratic, in their primary. Like I said; they make their own rules. It's not actually part of the American electoral system; this is why the DNC and RNC have different primary procedures.

Problem is that if you publicly support a progressive, they’ll kick you out of a leadership position at the DNC because they want it to be filled with corporatists. Look at what happened to Tulsi in 2016 just because she endorsed Bernie over Hillary. She had to resign as vice chair and get a ton of hate from the establishment, which still lasts to this day with them trying to make her look like a closet Republican / Russian asset.
    This is abject nonsense. People point to Gabbard's policy positions, which makes her look like a closet Republican. It has nothing to do with her supporting Bernie Sanders in 2016. She catches flak because of [i]her positions and conduct. That's it.

Also, Warren's fairly progressive. Don't see anyone getting maligned for supporting her.

I'm not sure its them trying to make them look like a closet Republican. Its probably her multiple appearances on Fox News criticizing the DNC.

Holy shit - that's an awesome choice. And Florida!
    Exactly. The only thing she has going against her is experience, but honestly, I don't think anyone would give a shit about that as she's already proven her competence.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I'm not sure its them trying to make them look like a closet Republican. Its probably her multiple appearances on Fox News criticizing the DNC.
    Criticizing the DNC =\= being a closet Republican

- - - Updated - - -

They're not being "anti-democratic".

Plus, there's no actual requirement that they be democratic, in their primary. Like I said; they make their own rules. It's not actually part of the American electoral system; this is why the DNC and RNC have different primary procedures.

This is abject nonsense. People point to Gabbard's policy positions, which makes her look like a closet Republican. It has nothing to do with her supporting Bernie Sanders in 2016. She catches flak because of [i]her positions and conduct. That's it.

Also, Warren's fairly progressive. Don't see anyone getting maligned for supporting her.
    You’re completely missing the point. I’m not saying that they’re breaking the law by going against the will of their voters. They legally can do that, but they are still violating the spirit of democracy by doing so and deserve to face backlash from their voters if they don’t nominate the candidate that gets the most votes

What policies does Tulsi have that make her conservative?

10+ Year Old Account
    She is still scum for her support of Indian fascism(Modi). That dems think anybody who does not agree with them are Russian bots.. well.. yeah.. they just think their voter base is stupid enough to buy anything they say about Russia.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Thankfully he is not, so its a good thing the people he appeals to have no reason to vote for the dems.

Don't vote for party that hates you, kids.
    That's right kids - listen to the Russian Shrill above - keep Trump in. That's his only goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’re completely missing the point. I’m not saying that they’re breaking the law by going against the will of their voters. They legally can do that, but they are still violating the spirit of democracy by doing so and deserve to face backlash from their voters if they don’t nominate the candidate that gets the most votes
    It the same "violation" that the Electoral College provides. You're not being consistent.

What policies does Tulsi have that make her conservative?
    Ask her base, why don't you; http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-and-male.html
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-co...-for-president

10+ Year Old Account
    That's right kids - listen to the Russian Shrill above - keep Trump in. That's his only goal.
    Man, you love to proof people right about dems calling anybody they disagree with as 'Russians'.

And why should somebody vote for somebody that hates them? How are they entitled to their vote, do you think your average person cares about who they get fucked over by? Even if one will do it slightly harder. Is it so hard to just not shit on the people you need to win?

Criticizing the DNC =\= being a closet Republican
    If you appear on Fox New repeating Republican talking people are going to get suspicious of you dude. Its not particularly bad.

They did fuck her over in 2016, but in all fairness Tulsi hasn't been doing herself many favors in the past few years. Especially when she voted present during the impeachment votes.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    no, i understand it well.

it's one of those feigned ignorance, like a man in court claiming to not know someone he was caught committing a crime with.
    You really don't. The above and below just lays more evidence for that

you and everyone else in this country knows that it's democrat or republican at this point. they have basically forced our government to be this way, and it's never going to break. it is completely wrong that they can just do whatever the whims of their leadership is when the system is this ingrained.
    That's right, it is. It needs to be fixed, but it won't happen this election cycle. Bernie Bros going on record stating they won't vote for whomever Dem is chosen is essentially voting for Trump and begging for another four years of the Orange Turd.

Just the way you want it.

if they wanted to make things right, they'd outlaw political parties. that's one place the founding fathers failed. should have never allowed for all of these absolute cesspit to come about, and they knew it themselves but foolishly trusted in the goodness of people to not let it get this way.
    I disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question for you, would you ever be open to the idea of randomly choosing Representatives/Senators/President - literally a lottery system.