Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    If Biden gets the nom, he better fucking win. If not, all you guys swearing by him being the way to beat Trump will have lots of explaining to do.
    Why? If sanders got the nomination, would we hold it all on sanders supporters to explain how they could possibly be wrong? No. Because nobody knows for sure, we just report what little info we have that could possibly be meaningful.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Black democrats who vote, like white democrats who actually go vote tend to be older, meaning more moderate. I linked an article earlier but they're distrustful of people who want to go whole-hog in to change. They don't think they can follow through. The primary ideas were that Biden is more moderate and smaller changes are more likely to actually happen over time, and that progressives won't be electable in the general election.
    That, and Biden has courted black voters his entire career (yes, even before Obama).

If Biden is the nominee you're going to hear and see Burisma/Hunter Biden 24/7. I fully expect Trump and republicans to use government to amplify by announcing investigations and such.

Texas looks to be within 0.2% of a percent. Maine is within 0.1%.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

If Biden gets the nom, he better fucking win. If not, all you guys swearing by him being the way to beat Trump will have lots of explaining to do.
    oh no don't you see it will be all the bernie supporters fault then to because only 97% of them voted for biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If Biden is the nominee you're going to hear and see Burisma/Hunter Biden 24/7. I fully expect Trump and republicans to use government to amplify by announcing investigations and such.
    This is important. The Cancer will use the DOJ as his personal investigation wing.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    If Sanders couldn't beat Biden in the primary, his chances of beating Trump in the places that matter are even smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    All, so we'll go with the "lets ignore all evidence and believe whatever" approach. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Both your assertions are blatantly false.
    No. I'm tired of running dog shit because "rocking the boat is dangerous right now". It will always be dangerous since we keep picking people who ensure the delayed bleed out of the Republican Party because they'll do what they want or can be bludgeoned into doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Well... in the end it's always a thing of class, not race.
    And that belief is why there's a lot of minority skepticism of Bernie, hun. Animus is a thing.

People in the upper classes use race as a bait. But even then, sanders was the only one who was actually arrested in a civil rights protest in the 60s
    Good for him, so was Jane Fonda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    If Sanders couldn't beat Biden in the primary, his chances of beating Trump in the places that matter are even smaller.
    Literally not how it works.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Yeah, when will black people learn their place? You guys are insane.
    When will they learn to vote of their best interests is the better question (hint, bernie represents black people better than biden, policy wise)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna laugh my ass off when Pete causes Joe to miss the 15% mark from early voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    And that belief is why there's a lot of minority skepticism of Bernie, hun. Animus is a thing.

Good for him, so was Jane Fonda.
    The best force multiplier for ending racial injustice is ending class disparity. I agree with the overall sentiment to some degree, but relying too much on identity politics is alienating to too many of the populace to ever be a winning platform.

You really think Biden is better than Sanders on these issues anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    This is a bit racist. But an honest question, do black democrats see Biden much more favorably than Sanders because of Obama?
    Pointing out that black people favor biden because he was Obama's VP is not racist. But it is stupid for their own interests vs them voting for bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Lol imagine being this wrong.

I mean, yeah. Race animus is a thing but class is always more impactful in the end. That being said, i'd love to see said animosity be dropped for ever.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I'm curious how Bernie is the better alternative when he's quite possibly bound for two for two primary losses, one of whom was against Hillary Fucking Clinton of all people.
    You mean the 2016 where every knows some fuckery happened?

If you are a registered Dem, you will vote for whoever gets the nom. This isn't about who the fucking Dems want or who the fucking repubs wants. This is about who a small handful of independents want in a few swing states. And you guys have been pushing for the closest facsimile to the last person that Trump beat with those voters.

I don't know why this has to continually be explained over and over and over.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    https://twitter.com/brent_peabody/st...548987904?s=20

Not a fan of Cuellar at all, but progressives are NOT having a good night.
    Progressives can't win every district. I'm surprised anyone thought they'd win one there. Cuellar is so confident in how conservative his district is, he regularly votes against democrats, and campaigns for Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The best force multiplier for ending racial injustice is ending class disparity. I agree with the overall sentiment to some degree, but relying too much on identity politics is alienating to too many of the populace to ever be a winning platform.
    Again, this belief is why there's a lot of minority skepticism of Bernie.

You think of us as a liability.

You really think Biden is better than Sanders on these issues anyways?
    I really think it's a silly question because I can be uncomfortable with both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    It's only four more years of Trump if Bernie Bots have a temper tantrum that their savior was rejected by voters in the primary and you refuse to vote for Biden in November.

Spoiler warning: You give Trump four more years and there might not be an election in 2024 and then you'll never get your precious 'revolution' because God King Trump won't want to leave office.
    Winning a general election is about exciting people to show up. Biden is NOT the man for that job, and Hillary was not the woman for that job.