Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The AUMF did not authorize the use of force in the Middle East. Afghanistan is not part of the Middle East. *smh*
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Author..._Force_of_2001

The AUMF didn't specify a region, it's global. Which is why it's been used to justify counter-terrorism activities on multiple continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Now, I'm no fan of Jamie Dimon, but for what crime, exactly?

And, that does nothing to refute what I stated.
    Under his leadership, JP Morgan Chase keeps getting caught up in racketeering and money laundering over and over and over again, not to mention the fraud involved in the 2008 collapse.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think we could find some common ground in that discussion - not "cell" worthy, but certainly some agreement. If we get past this issue, or at least can set it aside, perhaps we could chat in another thread....

Bloomberg was a lifetime Democrat until he ran for NYC Mayor. Weird how you didn't know that. However, he certainly was a Republican until VERY recently, lol. And keep in mind, Sanders not being a Democrat didn't disgust me, I was just pointing it out as a reason some people, particularly the "establishment", had a tough time getting behind his candidacy.
    Nope. Cells. We're just as much a terrorist force out there.

And funny how the establishment welcomes a racist Republican with open arms. (PSSST. Stop and Frisk was super fucking racist and his child.)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Author..._Force_of_2001

The AUMF didn't specify a region, it's global. Which is why it's been used to justify counter-terrorism activities on multiple continents.
    It is specifically limited to those responsible for 9/11, which was widely understood at the time to be Al-Qaeda centered in Afghanistan. The fact that later on it was reinterpreted to IGNORE the clause that explicitly states 9/11 can only be held against those who voted for it so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Bloomberg was a lifetime Democrat until he ran for NYC Mayor. Weird how you didn't know that. However, he certainly was a Republican until VERY recently, lol. And keep in mind, Sanders not being a Democrat didn't disgust me, I was just pointing it out as a reason some people, particularly the "establishment", had a tough time getting behind his candidacy.
    The establishment that had no problem supporting a Republican has no genuine right to criticize an independent.
    -ynnady

Under his leadership, JP Morgan Chase keeps getting caught up in racketeering and money laundering over and over and over again, not to mention the fraud involved in the 2008 collapse.
    So, what crime, exactly?

Surely you have evidence, right?

So, what crime, exactly?

Surely you have evidence, right?
    RICO charges for running a corrupt criminal organization.
    -ynnady

RICO charges for running a corrupt criminal organization.
    I look forward to your evidence.

I look forward to your evidence.
    Here's one year:

In October 2012, JPMorgan Chase paid $1.2 billion to settle claims that it, along with other banks, conspired to set the price of credit and debit card interchange fees.

In September 2013, JPMorgan Chase agreed to pay $80 million in fines and $309 million in refunds to customers whom the Bank billed for credit monitoring services that the Bank never provided.

On November 15, 2013, JPMorgan Chase announced that it had agreed to pay $4.5 billion to settle claims that it defrauded investors in mortgage-backed securities in the time period between 2005—2008.

On December 13, 2013, JPMorgan Chase agreed to pay 79.9 million Euros to settle claims of the European Commission relating to illegal rigging of benchmark interest rates.

In July 2013, JPMorgan Chase paid $410 million to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to settle claims of bidding manipulation of California and Midwest electricity markets.

On November 19, 2013, JPMorgan Chase agreed to pay $13 billion to settle claims by the Department of Justice, the FDIC, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the States of California, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts and New York, and to consumers, relating to fraudulent practices with respect to mortgage-backed securities.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Sure thing, person crying about businesses and recessions.
    at least half of congress, the people you need to get behind M4A to make it actually happen, will be crying about businesses and recessions.
    but you don't care about expanding healthcare, just whining.

I agree with you on the MA and old points, but she was also VERY inspiring to a lot of women - and women are going to be a key voting group in battleground EC states. And she looks great, speaks very well, and would be a strong VP for Biden - almost an Executive VP, if that makes any sense.

Plus - there is talk that Biden will only take one term. If he does, with Warren in the limelight doing a number of domestic repairs, she would be set up to run in 2024, and pick a young(er) non-white male running mate. I know that's assuming a lot, but it's a beautiful picture.

Abrams is also a great choice for all the reasons you feel Warren wouldn't be. Young, black, woman, southern. Scare the holy shit out of the GOP and put Georgia into play, and make FL frightening.
    I think my only nitpick on Warren in 4 years is that she would be 4 years older. We desperately need candidates that are more likely to live to see the consequences of their actions. Warren's pretty spry for her age, but still...

Here's one year:

In October 2012, JPMorgan Chase paid $1.2 billion to settle claims that it, along with other banks, conspired to set the price of credit and debit card interchange fees.

In September 2013, JPMorgan Chase agreed to pay $80 million in fines and $309 million in refunds to customers whom the Bank billed for credit monitoring services that the Bank never provided.

On November 15, 2013, JPMorgan Chase announced that it had agreed to pay $4.5 billion to settle claims that it defrauded investors in mortgage-backed securities in the time period between 2005—2008.

On December 13, 2013, JPMorgan Chase agreed to pay 79.9 million Euros to settle claims of the European Commission relating to illegal rigging of benchmark interest rates.

In July 2013, JPMorgan Chase paid $410 million to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to settle claims of bidding manipulation of California and Midwest electricity markets.

On November 19, 2013, JPMorgan Chase agreed to pay $13 billion to settle claims by the Department of Justice, the FDIC, the Federal Housing Finance Agency, the States of California, Delaware, Illinois, Massachusetts and New York, and to consumers, relating to fraudulent practices with respect to mortgage-backed securities.
    But, you specifically pointed to HIM.

I find him to be a scumbag, but I'm going to want to see some evidence of his actions before I ship him off to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    at least half of congress, the people you need to get behind M4A to make it actually happen, will be crying about businesses and recessions.
    And? That's why you fight and negotiate. You are advocating admitting defeat on day one and conceding.

- - - Updated - - -

But, you specifically pointed to HIM.

I find him to be a scumbag, but I'm going to want to see some evidence of his actions before I ship him off to prison.
    RICO charges for running a corrupt criminal organization. I already said this. Do you not know how RICO works?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    No. That's you pretending you don't agree with those people and that they should be taken seriously.

That's how we got the ACA you say they want to kill. So, why are we fucking listening to that again?

And? That's why you fight and negotiate. You are advocating admitting defeat on day one and conceding.

- - - Updated - - -

RICO charges for running a corrupt criminal organization. I already said this. Do you not know how RICO works?
    And incorporation significantly limits individual liability. Otherwise, you'd have to arrest every single employee. Does every employee of JP Morgan deserve to be in prison?

SO, what evidence of HIS ACTIONS do you have?

And incorporation significantly limits individual liability. Otherwise, you'd have to arrest every single employee. Does every employee of JP Morgan deserve to be in prison?

SO, what evidence of HIS ACTIONS do you have?
    I'm not here to educate you on how RICO works. I presented evidence already, but I'm not going to give you basic law lessons.
    -ynnady

i didn't say "concede", i said "theres a lot of steps that need to be taken to ensure success".
    your plan is "draft M4A bill, ???? profit!"

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone who didn't see that FiveThirtyEight put out their projections for today's contests...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ays-primaries/

Biden is the favorite in every single contest today, even Washington... Their model also raised him up even higher than a few days ago to a greater than 99% chance of achieving a majority of the delegates.

Wait...are there actually people who want Dimon in a highly placed government position?

...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    No. That's you pretending you don't agree with those people and that they should be taken seriously.

That's how we got the ACA you say they want to kill. So, why are we fucking listening to that again?
    don't, see how far that gets you. like i said, i'll be supporting expanding healthcare instead of a singular pet bill.

I'm not here to educate you on how RICO works. I presented evidence already, but I'm not going to give you basic law lessons.
    I'm aware of how RICO works. I'm also aware that you don't get to prosecute an employee of a business, without evidence of wrongdoings by him. Like it, or not, he's got tons of deniability, and protection from liability in this country.