Also very nice conciliatory message by Biden towards Sanders and Sanders supporters (I wouldn't have said it, but its his campaign). Biden takes the high ground.

When it's Sanders' turn Berard, a candidate whose other slogan is "Not me, us", turns to his favorite topic, himself, and instead of being conciliatory decides to focus on divisions again after a veneer of "all Democrats will come together to stop Trump".

What a rancid dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Are you seriously talking about Bernie and Dementia... it seems to be a far more apparent issue with Biden.
    Its fairly obvious from his misspeaking he's got the brain worms. That's really the only conclusion you can draw. Misspeaking a word is a clear indication of severe cognitive impairment. I know because I pretend to be a psychological brain doctor.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Only in that it is Biden doing it and Bernie's cult is desperately reaching for any rock to bash him with to save the failed non-revolution.

For actual normal people, there is no difference.
    I'm not on board the Biden dementia train per se - on Friday, I had a meeting where I spent a solid 2 minutes struggling to remember the word "agreement", so if Biden has dementia then I'm on my way to a home - but they're definitely very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I've got Skroe on ignore now, but since I can see his post through you quote, I'd just like to remind the audience that the reason old people misspeak more often is because of senility. That's literally the reason.
    Man that's some weak move on your part. Rather than engage someone posting in good faith, you ignore them. I never questioned your motives. It's unfortunate you've questioned mine because it hurts to read.

However unfortunately for you ignoring me isn't ignoring the bad news. And Sanders's campaign has been all bad news since Nevada.

Never seen people lose their dignity like this. I thought you were better than that. I'm surprised and disappointed. But I will not change my approach because I am in the right.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2020-03-16 at 01:11 AM.

So far this is the most accurate take on this debate:
    Haha. One thing to remember about this debate is that, good or bad for either candidate, absolutely no one is going to be talking about it tomorrow.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm not on board the Biden dementia train per se - on Friday, I had a meeting where I spent a solid 2 minutes struggling to remember the word "agreement", so if Biden has dementia then I'm on my way to a home - but they're definitely very different.
    As I said, of course Bernie doesn't have dementia. I was illustrating the ridiculousness by-proxy of the Biden senility claim. If we take a person misspeaking or forgetting a detail as a sign of something, then as you said we're ALL on the way to a home. Simple fact is people in their 70s are more prone to forgetting and misspeaking, and that's all there is to it. It isn't anything more.

Biden being the first big politician to support gay marriage seems... mm iffy with his VP debate pretty much support DOMA saying to leave it to states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I literally have had issues remembering words in fucking English lol. Which is my first language... in a sleepy stupor I called someone and started speaking in Spanish and couldn't remember some English words but they spoke Spanish so it was cool...

Biden though I think probably was getting stressed and was down about being in last and due to that misspoke a lot more due to the pressure. Which isn't great... right now he is looking very good.

Biden tonight is look quite strong, his posture and expressions seem to show power and control and is quite presidential. The stoic "I will carry us to mediocrity and capitulate to hateful people across the aisle because that's what we must do" type of look and same old same old we apparently want?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Side note, can we just have all debates without a live audience now? This is just so much better without them.

This framing should continue to be used regularly, particularly on the kind of weirdo communists that frequent this thread.

I would not buy a car from Joe Biden. I liked his Trump tactics, just lie even if there is video/audio/records.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    I would not buy a car from Joe Biden.
    What you're experiencing is the reality that Joe has progressive policies doesn't coincide with what you want the world to be so you are knee-jerking to "he's a liar!" without any evidence, just emotion. You want him to be some sort of conservative, and the facts disagree, so you're going with your feelings.

Only in that it is Biden doing it and Bernie's cult is desperately reaching for any rock to bash him with to save the failed non-revolution.

No... it seems quite different.

Biden's misspeaking seems to happen most when he is flustered. Tonight he appears quite calm, he is almost barely misspeaking at all. After winning SC he has been far far far better and far less stuttering and far less misspeaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Side note, can we just have all debates without a live audience now? This is just so much better without them.
    Whichever debate it was that had the crazy Bloomberg audience was nuts. It took a turn for the surreal when they started booing teacher pay raises because someone other than Bloomberg said it. Ban audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    What you're experiencing is the reality that Joe has progressive policies doesn't coincide with what you want the world to be so you are knee-jerking to "he's a liar!" without any evidence, just emotion.
    I do not trust him to pass any real progressive policies. He'll open with a compromise and then we shall be whittled down from there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What you're experiencing is the reality that Joe has progressive policies doesn't coincide with what you want the world to be so you are knee-jerking to "he's a liar!" without any evidence, just emotion.
    It's baffling to me pro-Sanders' supporters are still railing against Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I do not trust him to pass any real progressive policies. He'll open with a compromise and then we shall be whittled down from there.
    He'll pass the policies a democratic congress sends to him.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Seems like a Trump supporters response, you cant be critical of dear leader.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm pro-sanders.

I'm not railing against Biden, I'm happy that he appears quite strong today. Better to have two strong people even if one of them I disagree with.

His physical posture his tone and such, it is very presidential and stoic. Which is what people love apparently.

I prefer more fire and a platform that is huge on change. A platform on huge change means even if you compromise you still can get some major things done.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He'll pass the policies a democratic congress sends to him.
    Wait...Congress writes the laws?!?! What the hell...? /s

All this back and forth about which Democratic candidate will push which policies is neato, and for the most part ridiculous, but if the Progressives were really into getting their agenda passed, they would be working tooth and nail to flip the Senate. That's where all the bills go to die.

I mean, FFS, Moscow Mitch called a week long recess just as the Coronavirus was busting loose bigly in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    100% agree. This is so, so much better. The audience detracts from it. This is far more informative and far less of WWE-style promo-cutting.

Audiences are bad for meaningful discussion like this.