10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Lol oh dear, you're hatred for Bernie is not a good look.

--
    Also, do we need a new Godwin's Law like term, but for invoking MLK? Or do we simply need to get starlord to stop invoking him?
    Sorry, but your guy's contempt for anything Civil Rights or "SJW" related is what drags you down.
    • Bernie getting detained and fined $15, 57 years ago, is not your shield.
    • Bernie showed nothing but disregard for Black voters in 2016. He did it again in 2020.
    • Proof is, both times it utterly ended his campaign.
    • They are a key part of the Left in the US. Deal with it.

Yeah, please stop invoking MLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Biden would not create a "Remain in Mexico" asylum policy in the first place. This SC rubber stamps whatever racist, xenophobic fantasy Stephen Miller jacks off to.
    Waay back in 2007... Biden was a supporter of the big Amnesty Deal. HE and John McCain of all people.
    10 million new voters
    No kids in cages.

Bernie voted that deal down. All his appearances with Lou Dobbs bashing immigrants would be a peak into the future of his like for Fox News.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-03-11 at 07:55 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Biden would not create a "Remain in Mexico" asylum policy in the first place. This SC rubber stamps whatever xenophobic fantasy Stephen Miller jacks off to.
    The republican states are still around and they will still be pumping bad policy that will be rubber stamped by the courts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    at this point trump is just background noise, he doesn't have the same "shock value" anymore.
    the trumpsters were outraged over biden yelling at a guy, that's what gets their attention more than the latest trump word salad.
    Somehow you seem to not understand that the standard for everyone else is different than that of Trump. Biden is the one whose teflon skin will be tested Trump can show up in his underwear and pee on himself no one will bat an eye the expectations of him are practically non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Returning from my self-imposed quarantine--I mean exile to post the following Twitter unroll that should be required reading for anyone whining about their favorite candidate being knocked out (Warren included). I'm sure y'all will have some hot takes and pithy rejoinders but honestly, a lot of us are beyond caring at this point. Good luck in November!

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...046695424.html

Went into this cautiously expecting something meaningful, but it's just a partisan rant about Trump. And the "fat faced dimwits" that voted for him.

That was a real hard hitter. Never seen that messaging before.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The republican states are still around and they will still be pumping bad policy that will be rubber stamped by the courts.
    The administration sets policy for that stuff and has broad discretion in choosing what to enforce and undo, but what's your point here, exactly? That we might as well leave Trump in office because there are "Republican states"?

which is why letting the older liberal judges retire and replace them with younger ones is so important.
    Somehow you seem to not understand that the standard for everyone else is different than that of Trump. Biden is the one whose teflon skin will be tested Trump can show up in his underwear and pee on himself no one will bat an eye the expectations of him are practically non existent.
    thats what i mean, trump is a slobbering idiot and everyone knows it. most people have tuned him out entirely because they are "tired of politics". more media and worth of mouth coverage isn't going to hurt biden.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Can't say I'm interested in reading a further 10 pages at 40 posts each of this massively pathetic shitshow of a thread, but any "progressive" declaring they either won't vote or will vote for Trump/nobody because they can't vote for Bernie "the 1%!" Sanders is a complete fool and absolutely deserves any shit that gets thrown their way.

"People will blame me for Trump anyway, so I might as well vote for him!"
    The attitude of bitchy little babies that spat out their dummy so that they can be their own worst enemies. Get a grip of yourselves and be adults for a change.

Should have thrown your support behind the first progressive that entered the race, who ended up being shit on by Sanders' late entry. At least you'd have had a better candidate than both Biden and Bernie, the Tweedledum and Tweedledee of the Democratic side right now.
    To be fair I don't think there are very many not willing to throw behind Biden. There's the one guy who isn't even an American and might be a little bit crazy, and then there's Theo who I'm still 93% positive is just concern trolling. I might have missed a few though.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Went into this cautiously expecting something meaningful, but it's just a partisan rant about Trump. And the "fat faced dimwits" that voted for him.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...046695424.html

That was a real hard hitter. Never seen that messaging before.
    It's very telling that you would brush that message aside. Speaks volumes to your character and concern for others. Nothing that surprises those of us that are forced to see your pro-trump posts, but good to know that you're still everything we expect from a Trump supporter.

Well now it's confirmed that Bernie will stay one more week, and the line he went with is pushing his agenda on Biden which is exactly what many on these forums have asked for. Imo it'll be an expensive and probably humbling push (*cough* Florida *cough), but I think it's fair. Beyond next week there is no conceivable way he can stay in, so at least we have a clear timeline now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Sorry, but your guy's contempt for anything Civil Rights or "SJW" related is what drags you down.
    • Bernie getting detained and fined $15, 57 years ago, is not your shield.
    • Bernie showed nothing but disregard for Black voters in 2016. He did it again in 2020.
    • Proof is, both times it utterly ended his campaign.
    • They are a key part of the Left in the US. Deal with it.

Yeah, please stop invoking MLK.

Waay back in 2007... Biden was a supporter of the big Amnesty Deal. HE and John McCain of all people.
    10 million new voters
    No kids in cages.

Bernie voted that deal down. All his appearances with Lou Dobbs bashing immigrants would be a peak into the future of his like for Fox News.
    Yeah, I can also make up lies, want to hear some?

And are we just going to ignore how anti-muslim Biden is? How history on segregation? And sorry to say this, but kids where being kept in cages under Obama.. and thus also Biden. Using MLK, who had a strong dislike of white moderates, is very low. Just continue whitewashing him, see how that'll work out.

You should go back to making fun of antifa, its the only thing you're good at... sort off.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    which is why letting the older liberal judges retire and replace them with younger ones is so important.
    Most people just do not understand the SCOTUS situation and how critical it is that we get a (D) in the White House NOW, almost above any other policy or issue. Some of those federal judges will be around for another 50 years. RBG's replacement might last 40+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well now it's confirmed that Bernie will stay one more week, and the line he went with is pushing his agenda on Biden which is exactly what many on these forums have asked for. Imo it'll be an expensive and probably humbling push (*cough* Florida *cough), but I think it's fair. Beyond next week there is no conceivable way he can stay in, so at least we have a clear timeline now.
    I think it's good he's staying in one more week, his ideas are really very good, and deserve an audience (and hopefully the post-Biden president will be able to enact them). And Biden will make a very good Sec[anything] if he decides to take the offer.

And it's amazing that 10 days past the NV primary, we have what no one expected, a clear and orderly path to the DNC nominee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah glad Sanders is staying in. Don't let the DNC hid away Bidens melting brain from the public

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Most people just do not understand the SCOTUS situation and how critical it is that we get a (D) in the White House NOW, almost above any other policy or issue. Some of those federal judges will be around for another 50 years. RBG's replacement might last 40+.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's good he's staying in one more week, his ideas are really very good, and deserve an audience (and hopefully the post-Biden president will be able to enact them). And Biden will make a very good Sec[anything] if he decides to take the offer.

And it's amazing that 10 days past the NV primary, we have what no one expected, a clear and orderly path to the DNC nominee.
    Agreed on all counts (although I assume you mean Bernie would make a good Sec of anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Bernie can stay in until the convention, and I see no reason why he shouldn't.
    He cannot, and that is why your opinion isn't that interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Bernie can stay in until the convention, and I see no reason why he shouldn't.
    He wont. And if he did, do you really want to see him get stomped a 2nd time in one year?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    He cannot, and that is why your opinion isn't that interesting.
    I mean he can, it would just be ridiculous if he did.

But the fundamentals of the court will not change that's my point wether by 1 or 3 judges it is a Trump court for the foreseeable future until we get a democrat with enough balls to do something about it.

thats what i mean, trump is a slobbering idiot and everyone knows it. most people have tuned him out entirely because they are "tired of politics". more media and worth of mouth coverage isn't going to hurt biden.
    You still don't get it the entire focus is going to be on Biden, Trump's entire purpose will be to bring Biden to his level.

- - - Updated - - -

The administration sets policy for that stuff and has broad discretion in choosing what to enforce and undo, but what's your point here, exactly? That we might as well leave Trump in office because there are "Republican states"?
    My point is the damage is done when it comes to the supreme court and Biden will make no difference, the selling points are the lower courts where Trump won't be able to appoint crazy unqualified extremists.

Oh Bernie, never change lol. Never ever change.

Biden should refuse to debate him on Sunday. The primary is over. Don't indulge him or his half-baked non-movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I mean he can, it would just be ridiculous if he did.
    He really can't, and won't. It would make no sense for him personally or the revolution, and everyone would lose their patience. It would be too humiliating and most of all too expensive. What he's doing now is the right thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest fear now is that Trump will make videos on Bidens 88 presidential run, where he was caught in many lies and plagiarism. I have a bad feeling that Trump is going to win more of the EC than he did with Hilldog.

Bernie Bros are going to see these videos and start plastering them on Reddit, Twitter, and Youtube. Shit, they already are today. Bernie Bros are about 24 hours away from unintentionally joining Trumps re-election campaign, and this time, we wont have Russians to blame.

But the fundamentals of the court will not change that's my point wether by 1 or 3 judges it is a Trump court for the foreseeable future until we get a democrat with enough balls to do something about it.

You still don't get it the entire focus is going to be on Biden, Trump's entire purpose will be to bring Biden to his level.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is the damage is done when it comes to the supreme court and Biden will make no difference, the selling points are the lower courts where Trump won't be able to appoint crazy unqualified extremists.
    Ok but that's just flatly wrong. It makes a huge difference if, for instance, deliberately cruel and malign policy gets made, challenged, then ultimately blessed at the SC. I agree completely that it's hugely important to interrupt the Heritage Foundation's unchecked installation of conservative judges in the lower courts, but the idea that it makes no difference if Biden's president and could appoint judges to the SC is shortsighted--we frankly don't know who's going to die or retire.